Starlight Dragon Deck - Steph Engert and Nora Huszka

rylla

I saw it on facebook and thought to share as not everyone uses facebook:

http://www.starlight-dragon-tarotdeck.eu/

"The Starlight Dragon Deck is the exciting, collaborative tarot-creation work by Steph Engert (conception/texts) and Nora Huszka (conception/images). Fired by dragons and our creativity we take you on a journey to dragon-land never experienced before. Tarot methods, some specifically inspired by this deck, will further unlock its wonders for you.

The deck is currently in the making and will be published in late spring/early summer 2016 after a crowdfunding campaign."

Serenia

Wow, that looks beautiful! :love: Thanks for the heads up!

feynrir

I just discovered this! WOW!

I am very tempted. I'm a big fan of Nora's Gypsy Palace Tarot, and though this is incredibly different, Nora has proven here that her skill as an artist shines in a minimalist approach as well.

Looks very beautiful and very readable :) Love the diamond orientation!

Penthasilia

I just discovered this! WOW!

I am very tempted. I'm a big fan of Nora's Gypsy Palace Tarot, and though this is incredibly different, Nora has proven here that her skill as an artist shines in a minimalist approach as well.

Looks very beautiful and very readable :) Love the diamond orientation!

ummm- thank you!

WOW is right. This is amazing and glad I didn't miss this.

reall

WoW!:) fantastic art!:)) and interesting idea to make it diagonal?x,x lol ;))

Nemia

I admit, I'm not a fan of the gypsy palace deck, totally not my style - and I have no great affinity to dragons either (although I'm a wood dragon in my Chinese horoscope), but this deck is really special. It's beautiful and expressive. Somehow I'd love to compare it to the Orbifold - two totally different approaches but I really wonder whether they won't reach similar compositions for some cards?

I really like the strong elemental orientation, the black background, the diamond pattern and the many ways of playing with patterns and layouts. Beautiful! No idea how it would read, but a very creative and new way of looking at tarot.

I'm a TOADIE, you know. New decks leave me COLD and I don't WANT any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't KNOW of any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't NEED any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't SEE any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't BUY any new decks.....

desertrat

So it looks like the Indiegogo campaign has started.

Shardz

In addition to the unique layout possibilities offered with the diamond-shaped cards, I'd also love to see planetary and astrological symbols somehow worked into the design. As attractive as the colorful designs appear, along with my affinity for black, there seems to be a lot of empty space inherent in the cards that could make way for additional useful information and relative synergy. I do like the system of the matched corners as they interact nicely with surrounding cards; though, it would be quite interesting to see that expand into multiple systems. That's just my opinion, of course.

Edit: Upon more glancing of the pictures with my seven inch tablet, I believe the Major Arcana cards display astrological symbols on the bottom corner. I'd really like to see that implemented within the Minor Arcana, as well. Also, with some calculations of the exchange rates, this deck is fairly pricey, even with the campaign in effect. I bought into the Dungeon Solitaire campaign and ended up with two different Tarot decks and extras for much less.

Farzon

I'm usually very conservative when it comes to the shape of Tarot cards but these cards don't just look too beautiful to ignore, but the concept is also very enticing.

Maybe I should join the TOADIEs group to get some efficient tool against what I'm about to do...

rylla

I'm a TOADIE, you know. New decks leave me COLD and I don't WANT any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't KNOW of any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't NEED any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't SEE any new decks. New decks leave me COLD and I don't BUY any new decks.....

I'm an 'official' TOADIE too, and I get what you mean, but I'd really like the statement "new deck leave me cold' to be true, but it becomes more and more as a joke in my case when I think of it :mad::mad::mad:

ETA So I am running to check out the Indiegogo campaign.