Art Nouveau Tarot by Castelli, Antonella

_N_

Hi, I did a search and didn't find any threads that were specifically about this deck - though my search skills may be lacking so forgive me if there already is one ;)
I ordered this today, new, for only $7 from one of Amazon's eshops. I was getting a couple of other things from the same shop and at $7 for a new deck, well, who here could resist? :D
Does anyone have and/or use this deck? It looks to be beautiful but I was just looking to see some opinions and insight on it.

N

mj07

I have this deck, it's really gorgeous! I haven't done many readings with it. The imagery is a bit subtle, so if you're looking for something RWS-ish that's going to hit you in the face with the meaning, it will be hard to read from. However, I haven't yet tried doing a reading by intuition with it b/c I have so many other decks. It's Death card is probably my favorite of all the Death cards out there!

Zoe Kate

I saw this deck at a store the other day, and am thinking about buying it. So when you get yours definitely tell me what you think of it!

Savoyali

I love Art Nouveau (Mucha, especially) and have this deck, too, but like mj07 haven't done a lot with it. It's definitely very pretty (and worth $7 anytime) :D

The only thing that really bugs me about this one are the nymphy women on the Kings. Can't figure out why they're there. I'd love to hear what you make of them, once you get it :)

nemuri

I use this deck as well. The imagery is absolutely fantastic. When I first got it, I sat down and read every description while looking at the specific card almost three times (which is becoming a sort of ritual for me with new decks).

The spread that comes in the booklet is a fairly easy to read, but threw me off at first. The fourth and sixth card seem to go hand in hand. Fourth: "represents a challenge the Consultant will have to accept to obtain his answer." Sixth: "the burden to bring to find the answer." I usually read these two together before or after reading the fifth card.

The meanings seemed a little bit queer to me at first. Mostly short and sweet, some descriptions involved a word or two about the image while others didn't have anything about the image. I would like to find a book more about this specific deck.

About the nymphy women, I'm not sure about that either. The only thing I can think of is that in old paintings by famous (European) artists drew women almost always topless (or totally nude!). "This style created in Europe an original and unitary artistic atmosphere..." (from the booklet)

-nem

seneris

I have this deck as well, and it's gorgeous! Even if I couldn't read with it, it's still a beautiful tarot to drool over...

mj07

I think the nymphy women on the cards with the kings are supposed to be maids, and I assume we can learn something about the character of the king by how he treats the maid.

FaerieStorm

Tarot Art Nouveau

I have had this deck for quite some time. It is, without a doubt, on my top 5 decks ever! I don't know why, but it works so well for me in readings. The artwork and subtle uses of watercolor-like imagery is extraordinary. It is certainly worth having in your collection, even if it is just to look at the artwork.

When you get the deck, pay particular attention to the Devil arcana, which reminds me of the Joker from Batman (just with horns), and Death, which has a blue-ish Woman removing a mask. Which I interprete as meaning that change sometimes seems scarier than it really is, and that sometimes it can be a beautiful thing.

_N_

Well, I got the deck and it is absolutely lovely but really small... like pocket size! I think the seller mis-represented it, unless of course, they are all this tiny...

N