10 of wands and Strength in friendship reading

Ilaris

Hi!

I am starting a friendship with a woman and I wanted to know how things are and will be in the future.

Everything seems fine but the outcome cards got me puzzled:

10 of wands clarified by the Strength (VIII).

Rider Waite no reversals.

Since the "best" cards were on my friend's side of the reading, I find it hard to interpret the 10W as me having to take all the burden of the relationship.

Can these two cards mean that we are starting something new (a friendship) in a mature way? mmm...

Or maybe it's that the friendship will be strong? The guy on the 10W seems like he can deal with all those wands, and the Strength... well, it's the strength.

I'm open to new insights :)

other cards removed by Moderator

Grizabella

Hi!

I am starting a friendship with a woman and I wanted to know how things are and will be in the future.

Everything seems fine but the outcome cards got me puzzled:

10 of wands clarified by the Strength (VIII).

Rider Waite no reversals.

Since the "best" cards were on my friend's side of the reading, I find it hard to interpret the 10W as me having to take all the burden of the relationship.

Can these two cards mean that we are starting something new (a friendship) in a mature way? mmm...

Or maybe it's that the friendship will be strong? The guy on the 10W seems like he can deal with all those wands, and the Strength... well, it's the strength.

I'm open to new insights :)

Since we're in Using Tarot Cards, we can't comment on the other two cards, so I've just removed them from my reply.

I think the 10 of Wands represents something quite hard to accomplish and burdensome. Working long, hard hours to accomplish a job and I would think it would mean the person often thinking to themselves that it almost wasn't worth the effort. Having no leisure time to oneself because of the effort required to accomplish something taking up all the available time.

The Strength card often signifies having one's baser nature under control. Or it could mean that someone has the strength to deal with a challenging situation.

Ilaris

Mmmm.... so maybe something will happen that will make the friendship a burden... I'll try to stay alert and will make a reading of it if it happens. It's hard to imagine it at this stage, though!!

Thanks!

WalesWoman

As an outcome, to me 10 Wands followed by Strength is that this is an uphill climb, and not going to be an easy task... it could also be carrying old baggage ... but because both of these cards are Fire, it's something one wants to do and feels strongly about... and driven to see to it's completion. It's not about giving up when it gets difficult. It's also about having a whole lot of passion, so much so, that it can be overwhelming.

I can also see that 10 Wands can be trying to force things into being, carrying the load, perhaps even showing how far one is willing to go to commit that Strength will come into play, establishing trust and loyalty... that love conquers adversity. That the only force stronger than passion is love.

Ilaris

Thank you waleswoman. I guess that whatever may happen will not be something that will make us terminate the friendship. And now that i think about it, Strength is a Mayor, while the 10W is a minor ;-)

queen_of_wands

If that came up in a reading I was doing, I'd see it as a friendship strong enough to overcome obstacles, or a friendship that was worth the effort.

Ilaris

If that came up in a reading I was doing, I'd see it as a friendship strong enough to overcome obstacles, or a friendship that was worth the effort.

That's a different way to see it, queen_of_wands!
Wether that will be the future or not, it's an interesting way to link these two cards. I hope one day I'll be able to do it. Sometimes it's really hard, specially when reading for myself!
Thanks

Trogon

My first thought for the 10 of Wands for this outcome is that the "fire" of the wands or physical passions could become a burden. In other words, allowing a sexual encounter to occur with this friend, will forever change the relationship. The clarifier of Strength indicates to me the need to keep control of your passions. Once sex enters the equation, the "friendship" will be changed - perhaps for better, perhaps for worse. If the friendship is to be maintained, then the passions must be controlled.

CaballoDeCopas

I would say that you had better be prepared for a friendship which is not going to be light hearted and fun, but, some people may say, deeper, or others may say, one that can seem as hard going, depending upon your perspective to such things.

queen_of_wands

That's a different way to see it, queen_of_wands!
Wether that will be the future or not, it's an interesting way to link these two cards. I hope one day I'll be able to do it. Sometimes it's really hard, specially when reading for myself!
Thanks

just keep practicing reading in pairs and listening to your intuition.