2 of Wands as a couple

ofbainbridge

Wands can also be associated with identity and will and purpose.
Perhaps the 2 of wands could indicate a connection with someone and in the process of that connection finding oneself, ones identity and reason for being through that someone else.

Blessings

Biba28

starrystarrynight said:
I've had this card come up when each of the parties is tentative about taking the lead with the other, so they both sort of stand around waiting for their partner to make the plans and decide what to do.

I don't know if that would fit your situation...but it is another way to look at this card.

That's such a good interp, Starry :)

nisaba

aware7 said:
I get this card frequently when I am asking about the person with whom I have a relationship.

It looks like a powerful man still can't be satisfied with what he has. I am not sure that applies to my relationship at all.
Okay, if your question is about the person that you are having a relationship with, with no other riders in the question, perhaps this card shows you how your partner feels in one or more aspects of his life: his job, his health, his finances.

Or perhaps he can't help thinking that whatever the relationship looks like from your end, it could be more satisfactory for him than it actually is. (Often extreme expressions of love and pleasure are actually disguised longing for something not-quite-attained).

WalesWoman

There was some talk of 2 Wands just a little bit ago, one the the keys for this card is "I will"... I think of 2 wands in a couples relationship is the combination of wills, both of them, both strong willed and wanting.... it's great when the wills are both aimed at the same goal, but can get difficult and loud when the wills oppose or don't see it the same way. Do you light each other's fire?

Still it's a lot of fire, like striking matches to create the fire, two wands rubbing together, creating some friction, smoke and a blaze. The melancholy is if there isn't enough will to keep adding fuel to the flame and keep it burning or if it took too much effort and not enough determination to create enough friction to light the fire in the first place.

velvetina

I completely agree! In my experience it is a relationship that can be extremely productive and while it works, it works, but once its purpose (kharmic, a creative project, passion, enthusiasm for a shared goal etc) is complete, its over, just gone.

Eddie

Although its not necessarily a bad card, I am always wary when I see it in relationship spreads.

It is sometimes an indication that someone is not entirely happy with things and desires to change it, or wishes they could. A discontentment tends to creep in.

Very often the person is hesitant to actually make a move. Is desperate to make the right choice, it is this that makes them hesitant.

also, this isn't the same choice making as the two of swords, with its dilemma concept but is coming from a stronger, more established beginning. They have developed the Ace and perhaps are looking to expand it further but it is not something that is yet shared with the other.

I would be more interested in the surrounding cards, especially any after. This card leaves me wanting to see what next in the spread, for a choice will have to be made and the next card would reflect how this may effect the relationship. It could go either way at this stage with this card. It really all depends what that person does with those feelings is " needing to improve""

Eddie

Ann from wellington

starrystarrynight said:
I've had this card come up when each of the parties is tentative about taking the lead with the other, so they both sort of stand around waiting for their partner to make the plans and decide what to do.

I don't know if that would fit your situation...but it is another way to look at this card.
I agree with starrystarrynight. One time I met this guy...I knew he was interested in me and I was interested in him but both of us wern't making the move. I kept on getting 2 of wands and I thought it mean't partnership. In the end, he ended up with another girl. Based on this experience I think the card was telling I could have a chance...something was there...but it wasn't mean't to be and he chose a different person as this card also implies a decision/2 roads....to me 2 of wands doesn't give a feeling of anything stable or promising...it's almost like you need to wait to see.Hope this helps.

Eddie

Ann from wellington said:
I agree with starrystarrynight. One time I met this guy...I knew he was interested in me and I was interested in him but both of us wern't making the move. I kept on getting 2 of wands and I thought it mean't partnership. In the end, he ended up with another girl. Based on this experience I think the card was telling I could have a chance...something was there...but it wasn't mean't to be and he chose a different person as this card also implies a decision/2 roads....to me 2 of wands doesn't give a feeling of anything stable or promising...it's almost like you need to wait to see.Hope this helps.

I would say it is not so much as " its not meant to be" more like, there is a chance here, it depends if someone is brave enough to take action, make the choice, this is a wand card after all and it is all about the energy, the action and taking that ace further.

When ever I get this card, it tells me, you know what you need to do, just do it!! At this point, I am usually hovering between two options.

Eddie

PAMUYA

aware7 said:
I get this card frequently when I am asking about the person with whom I have a relationship. The trouble is I find it difficult interpreting this card.

I use the Rider Waite deck most of the time and it seems to me there's an air of sadness about the card, reinforced by Rider's interpretation. It looks like a powerful man still can't be satisfied with what he has. I am not sure that applies to my relationship at all.

I know it is also seen as neutrality or passivity - somebody caught between something. Maybe this card is asking me to be more active with the other person? I don't know....

Does anybody interpret this as being the card of a couple? Rider Waite is not appropriate for this interpretation but I did a reading last year when the relationship was just taking on a hint of development. The pack was the Avalon tarot, I believe - it's in my home country and I don't live there and so I have forgotten the tarot's proper name. It is a little 'manga'/animation' in its style.

The 2 of Wands showed Arthur and Guinevere, a couple. Do you think I should be thinking more of that interpretation rather than sadness/indifference or whatever?

I have not yet had his card coming up as a couple card. It is a two of decision, a decision of passion. Where do your passions or his passions lie? I like what you said
somebody caught between something
that really struck a cord with me. Perhaps it is time for a heart to heart with partner.

WalesWoman

Eddie said:
Although its not necessarily a bad card, I am always wary when I see it in relationship spreads.

It is sometimes an indication that someone is not entirely happy with things and desires to change it, or wishes they could. A discontentment tends to creep in.

Very often the person is hesitant to actually make a move. Is desperate to make the right choice, it is this that makes them hesitant.
This card leaves me wanting It really all depends what that person does with those feelings is " needing to improve""

Eddie
I took your stuff out of context, but you said a few things that leaped out at me... I bolded it.
The discontent, the feel like there is something that has to be done, Some one, something IS WANTING... is exactly it. So much depends on who and how much one is willing to sacrifice making the choice to have or have not.