2010 - a sabian symbol for the year to come

samantha

An interesting Sabian Symbol draw for me and 2010 :

Taurus 25 " A large and well kept public park "
Stone : Brazilianite

Interesting to see that the park can stand for community endeavours ...I am
considering some full time volunteering with children ....who would LOVE the
park . (NOW it dawns on me !)

Don't know much about the stone . Anyone own/use it ?

MCsea

samantha said:
An interesting Sabian Symbol draw for me and 2010 :

Taurus 25 " A large and well kept public park "
Stone : Brazilianite

Interesting to see that the park can stand for community endeavours ...I am
considering some full time volunteering with children ....who would LOVE the
park . (NOW it dawns on me !)

Don't know much about the stone . Anyone own/use it ?

HI Samantha..
Brazilianite is an unusual, green-yellow, phosphate-based gemstone. This stone promotes friendship, lightens auras, and heals minor ailments.
Google and image - and have a look - its like looking at a lovely green healing national park - in lovely soft light.. I dont own any (yet) but I have worked with it in a museum - soft happy refeshing....

IMHO...

its Refreshing and renewing. Playful, facilitates for many people an escape from the mundane activities in life.
A suggested Affirmation: I am completely refreshed after communing with nature.

I pulled this symbol when asking the sabians where should we live - you guessed it across the road is a beautiful public park - we are very happy here :)

samantha

MCsea said:
HI Samantha..
Brazilianite is an unusual, green-yellow, phosphate-based gemstone. This stone promotes friendship, lightens auras, and heals minor ailments.
Google and image - and have a look - its like looking at a lovely green healing national park - in lovely soft light.. I dont own any (yet) but I have worked with it in a museum - soft happy refeshing....

IMHO...

its Refreshing and renewing. Playful, facilitates for many people an escape from the mundane activities in life.
A suggested Affirmation: I am completely refreshed after communing with nature.

I pulled this symbol when asking the sabians where should we live - you guessed it across the road is a beautiful public park - we are very happy here :)

That's a great story :)

I'll try and track a piece down locally ....I read that it is not the hardest of stones , so I'm guessing its not going to be used for jewellery ?

The way you describe it strikes a chord . I'm sick of the pollution here , and dream of living somewhere like (?!) a National Park . Hopefully we can get away to NZ for a month this June ....but in the meantime looks like this , or similar , is the stone for me !

Thanks for the info Marina X

MCsea

:D I wish I lived in a national park too - but at least we have our little park across the street it helpse..

I hope you find some Brazilianite I must have a look for some myself....

MARINA

Adjustment

Adjustment said:
Asking my cards what 2010 will bring me, what tis year will be all about, i draw:

VIRGO 28
A BALDHEADED MAN IN UNIFORM HAS SEIZED POWER.

From the book, some keywords. Time to seize power, taking positions of power dominating others, taking action or control.

This symbol has already make himself known to me this year, is about personal power and how to use your own strength to move through problems and obstacles, is about a show of strength this is why the uniform, lol

MCsea

WOW - thats great - well I hope it is!

MCsea

MCsea said:
I was given Gemini 7
Sabian Symbol: An old-fashioned well
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Recompense

Crystal Element: Limestone
Expression: Pure Limestone is a white sedimentary rock. Many spiritual locations are found in and around Limestone locations. A subtle but strong energy, Limestone acts as a conduit for positive forces.
Focus: You connect deeply with emotion and spirit, accessing this resource to find creative solutions to issues that arise within your life.
Affirmation: I live an enriching, nourishing, healthy life.

Oh I LIKE the healthy aspect to this symbol and there seems to be the potential to visit some sacred sites this year - firstly Mount Kosciuszko which is inside a national park that is recognised as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Within the park's boundaries are six different wilderness areas including alpine and sub-alpine areas with plants that are not found anywhere else on the planet. Native fauna found here include endangered species such as the corroboree frog and the mountain pygmy possum......

where else will this old well pop up in my 2010...

MARINA

WELL - she says well a wishing well indeed this symbol had a practical element to it - I went 'logging' down water wells with instruments to measure salinity, I went to the Australian Aboriginal display about the Canning Stock Route - all about the sacred WELLS - that was AMAZING... I suppose my health has improved - but its still a bit difficult.. and I have been blessed with some unexpected gifts too.. 2010 was a trial for me.. long hard and somewhat lonely.. but I am looking forward to 2011..

how did your symbol work in 2010?

zannamarie

I looked at this a few days ago and since I am feverishly working on the last revision of my book, I was going to wait and see if I did complete it by year end. :D The book is a memoir about the past two years of my life spent living based from my car.

I spent this year doing a major rewrite my original version and it's really helping me define and understand how I'm living my life and how I want to live it going forward.

MCsea said:
zannamarie said:
I used the generator as well.

THE SCULPTOR'S VISION IS TAKING FORM.
= Sabian Symbol for 27º Sagittarius

This is quite reassuring as I've been making many changes in my life the past few years.
A beautiful symbol - close to my heart this is
I feel this symbol is about longevity, continuity, and the manifestation of physical and enduring legacies.
IMHO an
Affirmation for this degree is: I live through the good deeds I do.
The symbol was very apt as me the scuptor is having my vision take form.

I also manifested a physical legacy as I will pursue publication of the book now that I've finally figured out what it's about. :)

rachelcat

rachelcat said:
I drew Sagittarius 17, "An Easter sunrise service (draws a large crowd)."

This is obviously about new beginnings and rebirth, especially in spirituality. I also see redemption, not just a new beginning, but starting afresh because old issues are finally resolved, not just ignored or run away from. Definitely something I need to happen this year!

As a Buddhist now, the "participation" aspect of the Resurrection jumps out at me. Paul said that when Jesus died and was reborn, our old selves die and we are reborn. It makes me think that it could be a kind of working together, or cooperation, not just God doing something for (or to!) us. That's one reason why I'm Buddhist now--I feel like I need to be a spiritual "grown-up"--take responsibility and action for my own transformation (with lots of help from spiritual friends, of course!) So maybe this year I will indeed take even more responsibility (starting a DAILY meditation practice, for example!)

And then there's the "sacrifice" aspect. Hmm.

The "large crowd" part, although not in all the books, means something to me, too. I've been in my Buddhist meditation group for a little over a year now, and I still feel a bit like I'm on the outside looking in. Of course, I'm 100% sure that it's me, not my welcoming, kind friends, that is making me feel that way! I hope this symbol is saying to give it some time--another year--and soon I'll feel like and old-timer!

And, for good measure, flower number 17 is "Cydonia Japonica--Changes--Evolution of personal interests and relationships."

Overall very encouraging and positive, with a bit of concern about all that change--but it's definitely time for it!
Well, this didn't turn out like I thought, but it still makes sense hindsight. I ended up stopping going to my meditation group. I still consider myself a Buddhist, and I will start looking for a group to join, but I don’t feel a great urgency to do so. I started going to a counselor to work on relationship (and a bit of aging!) issues. Relationship is improving bit by bit, with the help of what I learned from counseling, so the old issues are FINALLY fading away, just not as quickly as I thought. I was going to quit my chorus, but I stuck with it and now I’m really into it. I guess this is all evolution of “personal interests and relationships”! I feel like I’m still in transformation mode, but that’s a good thing. Everything takes longer than you think!