2010 Top Ten Decks

gregory

tarot heart said:
Have not heard of the Giguil, any links? :)
It's one of Ly Narciso's tiny decks that (when you're lucky !) come with his full sized ones. As fas as I know it cannot be bought alone; it's majors only, and TG has some images here. It was supplied with his Bagong Sining. Which I think is probably out of stock now, but you could ask him.

DaughterOfDanu

Cassandra022 said:
mmkay, so for 2010 i think shadowscapes deserved its spot.]
Agreed. I love the Shadowscapes and it's really the first deck in a long list of decks that I haven't looked through and found myself even slightly disappointed.

Because of the popularity of the Deviant Moon, I think I'll pick up a copy. Its art creeps me out (I'll admit) but for it to have recieved such high marks, there's got to be something to it that's worth having in my collection.

tarot heart

gregory said:
It's one of Ly Narciso's tiny decks that (when you're lucky !) come with his full sized ones. As fas as I know it cannot be bought alone; it's majors only, and TG has some images here. It was supplied with his Bagong Sining. Which I think is probably out of stock now, but you could ask him.

Thanks for the link gregory :)

teomat

It would be interesting to see how many people voted. I didn't vote for the 2010 poll as nothing stood out for me last year. I wonder if there was a general lack of interest in the new decks of 2010, and if it resulted in these reissues being high on the list instead?

I agree with others that reissues shouldn't count. I'd be interested to see what didn't make it into the top 10 as a result of them being included.

gregory

Hm. This was the first time I had voted in many years.... Not because nothing stood out, because of what would always happen afterwards. SO FAR it hasn't this time. *crosses fingers*

I think a lot here do vote religiously, though.

But can we say no reissues, another time ? That would be good.

Cassandra022

lol compulsive voter and filler out of surveys in general here...

also wonder at the many reissues on the list...i kind of feel that it was less interest in others as much as just the high popularity of these, maybe, but agree that they tend to skew things as they arent REALLY new decks...

teomat

gregory said:
This was the first time I had voted in many years.... Not because nothing stood out, because of what would always happen afterwards. SO FAR it hasn't this time. *crosses fingers*
What happened (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm curious...

Le Fanu

teomat said:
What happened (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm curious...
I can't speak for gregory but I suspect it might be the ensuing squabbling...

I agree with you teomat, I'd love to see what came in 11th, 12th or 13th place as a result of reissues getting in.

I have to say - and this rather shocks me - I have no idea if I voted in the 2010 one. I simply cannot remember.

gregory

Le Fanu said:
I can't speak for gregory but I suspect it might be the ensuing squabbling...
Yup. :D It used to get seriously nasty. And I do mean seriously.

Leffy - if you mean this year's - yes you did. You posted.

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Leffy - if you mean this year's - yes you did. You posted.
Did I? It must have been for the 2012 Ascension. I know I posted on the "Best of all time" one. I remember because of Debra's memorable campaigning and serenading.