cant wait for the results!

Laura Borealis

JSNYC said:
I updated the chart from last year...

Wow, Robin Wood, how your fortunes have fallen. :p

Carla

Interesting results. I just don't get Deviant Moon. At all! *shrug*

Cassandra022

mmkay, so for 2010 i think shadowscapes deserved its spot....really pleased that sun and moon got on there...lots of second editions of old favorites, i see and...silver era is only one i'm kind of 0.o at, lol.

for all time....deviant moon i can get being on there, but i dont get it being #1. Why?!?! I see that the IJJ swiss efforts paid off...ciro is still popular, deservedly so, as is MRP...lol not sure why robin wood is still there at all, but oookkkk.....

Fun stuff, thanks for link :]

WolfyJames

Wow! The Tarot of Vampyres came out second! I didn't expect that one even though I voted for it for 2010. I'm really happy for the deck, I think it deserves it.

Richard

Shadowscape's position doesn't surprise me, as the images are very lovely, and of course there are certain other obvious considerations.

In all time favorites., I'm rather surprised by the positions of Deviant Moon and Robin Wood. As regards RW, I suppose we are slowly drifting away from New Age Paganism. I personally hope that something other than Deviant Moon becomes dominant, but that's just my bias. Maybe Gothic is the new craze.

Le Fanu

JSNYC said:
I updated the chart from last year...
Thank you for this. I love looking at this graph. Tells us so much. You really can see the trends. It's interesting when a deck is high then dips then goes back up again (i.e Victorian Romantic). There must be explanations.

I should like to write a dissertation on this graph :D

Deviant Moon is such a triumph for U.S Games. It really must be one of their biggest (2nd biggest?) sellers. I quite like it. I'd rather see that there than something *nice* and *gentle*. It has character, it has bite, whatever one thinks of it (and it isn't my favourite deck and I didn't vote for it!)

I don't think I voted. Or if I did it was for 2012 Tarot of Ascension and that didn't appear anywhere.

lark

I think ANY deck thats been on the all time favorite list EVERY year is amazing.
Especially the Robin Wood.

tarot heart

Debra said:
It's not a complete 2010 list, just what I pulled off the "what's new" listings for last year.

So many self-published decks! Even when I don't like them, I admire that they're being done--it's quite an accomplishment.

These I most like:

Hezicos
Wild Green Chagallian Tarot
Gaian Tarot
Tarot Giguil
Sun and Moon
TaRat

In terms of sheer wonderfulness as defined by me, the Wild Green tops the list.

I also love the smallest version of the TaRat. Comes on a single sheet you can cut up and keep the cards in a candy tin--each is about fingernail size. Talk about adorable.

I would have to agree with you Debra that Wild Green Chagallian is a really lovely deck. It's one of my favorites as well and the box it comes in really should be well displayed, don't you think? And yes, that TaRat certainly does have personality doesn't it? Have not heard of the Giguil, any links? :)