2010 Top Ten Decks

Shade

Oh none of this sensible understanding! We need fear and outbursts!

The Thoth! Just more proof that the demons that the publisher presses between every card of the deck are at work deluding your minds!

Eats the cookie and sits down.

I think it's best that we vote for our own personal favorites and bebother any attempts at standardization. My all time favorite I must admit is the Fey for its adorable relatability and surprising (to me) depth. I cannot imagine an official and august body of tarot masters and mistresses nominating it for consideration.

Though... as to the Deviant Moon getting in because the young whippersnappers have no sense ;-)

If we were conducting this poll in 1911 I can imagine the forumites of that age (using some sort of funky steampunk forum contraption) would be aghast at the votes those upstarts Waite and Coleman Smith were getting for their cheap little tarot deck when anyone with sense knew that you needed a nice Marseille deck if you wanted to be serious.

Aulruna

Le Fanu said:
I think I'd go for 2012 Tarot of Ascension to be honest. I just kinds like it in a brown, murky way.

Whoohoo!! And I thought I would be alone with this one :D

Though the Celtic Fairies is making for a close runner-up.

Hemera

Ashtaroot said:
I really like the Infinite Visions Gloria Jean wasn't that 2010?
I love it too!
I think it originally came out in 2009 but the new kind of lamination came in 2010

Le Fanu

Shade said:
I think it's best that we vote for our own personal favorites and bebother any attempts at standardization.
I agree. "Your favourite". End of. But surely deep down most people think their favourite is the best anyway? Don't we all feel we have impeccable taste?

Surely if the Thoth is The Best then, being intelligent, one would naturally like it. Or the RWS or the Dotti, or Gaian or Crone or whatever...

I always feel slightly torn when I have to choose a favourite then the best. Surely what I like is the best, non?

I think we should all vote for our favourites and anyone who chooses a different deck 3 years running should be disqualified from future polls for fickleness.

Debra

Shade said:
Oh none of this sensible understanding! We need fear and outbursts!

Ok.

OUTBURST
I hope the zombie fans of that horribly tacky and inexplicably popular xxxx deck don't dominate the voting! Dammit!

FEAR.
*cowering* I'm afraid the zombie fans of that horribly tacky and inexplicably popular xxxx deck are gonna come after me. Whimper.

SELF-EMPOWERMENT (in keeping with AT's generally positive attitude toward Self and Fate)
I vow to crush the armies of tarot zombies with these powerful weapons: Truth! Justice! and my Impeccable Taste! I'll swashbuckle the tarot zombies all the way to Marseilles, there to fall under the spell of the REAL tarot!

Well that was exhausting. Thank goodness it's only once a year. :laugh:

HearthCricket

As usual, I am torn this year. Rabbit Tarot, Shadowscapes, Vampyres, Celtic Fairies. We had a lot of very unique decks come out this year, which I think makes it harder. Unique as in interesting themes and portrayals. Must think on this a while...

Shade

Le Fanu said:
But surely deep down most people think their favourite is the best anyway? Don't we all feel we have impeccable taste?

I think for most people you are correct but I know I happen to have horrific taste in things. And not even just that fun nieche-y ironic taste in things. I purchased, at full price, a copy of the Halle Berry Catwoman movie. I even rather enjoyed Jaws 4. Clearly there is no hope for me.

Glitterbird

Debra said:
Ok.

OUTBURST
I hope the zombie fans of that horribly tacky and inexplicably popular xxxx deck don't dominate the voting! Dammit!

FEAR.
*cowering* I'm afraid the zombie fans of that horribly tacky and inexplicably popular xxxx deck are gonna come after me. Whimper.

SELF-EMPOWERMENT (in keeping with AT's generally positive attitude toward Self and Fate)
I vow to crush the armies of tarot zombies with these powerful weapons: Truth! Justice! and my Impeccable Taste! I'll swashbuckle the tarot zombies all the way to Marseilles, there to fall under the spell of the REAL tarot!

Well that was exhausting. Thank goodness it's only once a year. :laugh:
IS there is Zombie Tarot? thats what we need:D
http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com/art/Rob-Zombie-Tarot-Card-23843898

Grigori

Hmmm Can I vote for Thoth as all time best, and Urania Verlag Thoth as 2010 best? It's kinda the same, but also completely different. And I didn't buy any other decks this year (wow!! :bugeyed: )