3 of Swords As Success?

GotH

The question is..

X and Y are peers. "What might X succeed with and go beyond in opposition to Y?"

3 of Swords - 7 of Swords - 2 of Pentacles

X might be able to overcome disappointment when it comes to unfair things or situations as they go through the obstacles of life. X would simply be able to handle or work out problems better?

Would love and appreciate other opinions of these cards in this situation..

Thank you!

jenster

The question is..

X and Y are peers. "What might X succeed with and go beyond in opposition to Y?"

X might be able to overcome disappointment when it comes to unfair things or situations as they go through the obstacles of life. X would simply be able to handle or work out problems better?

Thank you!

Considering how you formulated your question what transpires, in my opinion, is that X is likely to be one of those people who never show something has hurt them when it has. I think the Three of Swords matched with the Seven of Swords strongly suggest this. To me it suggests X hides his/her pain. It isn't suggested how well he deals with it on his/her own, just that his tactic with it is probably to withdraw from people and situations which cause that kind of hurt. X seems to hold people at a distance and be more of a loner but also being less transparent and probably having more control over situations than he/she seems to.

I believe this self-sufficiency is reinforced by the Two of Pentacles.

CosmicBeing

The question is..

Thank you!
Just throwing this out here....the 3 of swords can be a third person within this situation. I have gotten 3 of swords to indicate a 3rd person a lot...but usually isn't something that makes everyone happy that a 3rd person is involved.

I would say the opposition might be a 3rd party in the situation. 7 of swords is a deception card too....so X may not know of this third person yet.

I if understand the question right... I would say 2 of pentacles answers the question.....he has to keep the balance. If it's a work like situation the pentacles might outline how to deal with the second person....to be equal and bring some balance.

Hope this helped a bit.

decan

It's difficult here because I don't think that a card really shows "success" while the question is about "to succeed".
The first card clearly not, the second could be in relation to "strategy" and wouldn't be really satisfactory. The third is about "juggling with two" so maybe here to deal the best possible way with a complicated situation, but it would be just to deal the best possible way, not to have success like in the 6 of Wands for example, so... difficult, difficult...

In the Druidcraft Tarot concerning the 3 of Swords they say that this card is in relation to the 3 foundations of learning: "seeing much, studying much, and suffering much"; well, not really encouraging maybe, but as an advice it could be to still keep trying even if there are a few inevitable obstacles.

GotH

Considering how you formulated your question what transpires, in my opinion, is that X is likely to be one of those people who never show something has hurt them when it has. I think the Three of Swords matched with the Seven of Swords strongly suggest this. To me it suggests X hides his/her pain. It isn't suggested how well he deals with it on his/her own, just that his tactic with it is probably to withdraw from people and situations which cause that kind of hurt. X seems to hold people at a distance and be more of a loner but also being less transparent and probably having more control over situations than he/she seems to.

I believe this self-sufficiency is reinforced by the Two of Pentacles.

Oh I do see what you mean. Yes, X is one of those people who responds with everything is "good" or "fine" when asked and X does seem to limit people in their world. X does seem to be happier on their own but has no problem with communications or socializing when they need to. It appears that X prefers to have friends in controlled situations such as online game playing where they can "unplug" whenever they want to. I do see how you interp'd the 7 of Swords as hiding pain in order to keep going.

This was very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

GotH

lighthousekeeper

I think it shows that X is cheating or using some underhand method or undisclosed extra agent to gain an advantage, while presenting that they're just great at doing all that stuff on their own. It could mean another person, or prescription drugs, something like that. They succeed with deception

GotH

Just throwing this out here....the 3 of swords can be a third person within this situation. I have gotten 3 of swords to indicate a 3rd person a lot...but usually isn't something that makes everyone happy that a 3rd person is involved.

I would say the opposition might be a 3rd party in the situation. 7 of swords is a deception card too....so X may not know of this third person yet.

I if understand the question right... I would say 2 of pentacles answers the question.....he has to keep the balance. If it's a work like situation the pentacles might outline how to deal with the second person....to be equal and bring some balance.

Hope this helped a bit.
Hi CB.. Thanks for responding. I agree with you on 3rd persons when it comes to this card. For me it indicates that a third person could be involved some how regarding disappointment. Interestingly, these cards have come up many times where they indicated someone cheating with the 2 of Pentacles as someone juggling two relationships. But my question is what is X more successful with when next to Y? Not sure if this could be saying that X might be successful at "stealing" or "cheating" at or with something or someone.

Hmmmm. You've raised more questions in my mind.

Thanks my friend..

GotH

It's difficult here because I don't think that a card really shows "success" while the question is about "to succeed". The first card clearly not, the second could be in relation to "strategy" and wouldn't be really satisfactory. The third is about "juggling with two" so maybe here to deal the best possible way with a complicated situation, but it would be just to deal the best possible way, not to have success like in the 6 of Wands for example, so... difficult, difficult...
I agree with this. Right now "success" could be about dealing with complicated situations better perhaps. X and Y have been friends for a long time and are in the sane kinds of group functions.

In the Druidcraft Tarot concerning the 3 of Swords they say that this card is in relation to the 3 foundations of learning: "seeing much, studying much, and suffering much"; well, not really encouraging maybe, but as an advice it could be to still keep trying even if there are a few inevitable obstacles.
This definitely describes life of a young person. Thanks for this interesting bit about the 3 of Swords.

GotH

I think it shows that X is cheating or using some underhand method or undisclosed extra agent to gain an advantage, while presenting that they're just great at doing all that stuff on their own. It could mean another person, or prescription drugs, something like that. They succeed with deception

Thanks for responding..

These two aren't at the age where prescription drugs would be a factor but I could see how that happens with college kids, like taking uppers to stay awake all night to study for exams and such. X does have to work harder with school because of the advanced classes X is in as opposed to Y's regular classes. Hmmm... That might be it. These challenging classes might be apart of this somehow.

Excellent perception.

Amanda

The question is..

Thank you!

Do you have a big heart in your card? I'd say "Love" for the heart (or perhaps passion?), with three swords representing trust, respect, and commitment. Sometimes this card comes up for me to represent an oath or a promise... or courage, like the three musketeers- "All for one!".

The 7 of Swords and the 2 of Pentacles are your problem cards, I think, probably highlighting some flaws that would keep the other person from being as successful in this area of their life... something like being in something for the "thrill" perhaps (7) and playing around (2).

Just some more thoughts for you to ponder over! :)