7 Card Relationship Spread

druidess

1. How I see myself - The Empress
2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r)
3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r)
4. Present situation or challange of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r)
5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r)
6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups
7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r)

Firstly, I find it funny how I see myself as the Empress and the way he feels about me is the Emperor. But, I see this as ultimately not listening to my intuition about the relationship. Holding onto something that's harmful to me and is dead so to speak. Viewing him as a heartbreaker maybe and the Emperor showing him as needing control over the situation.

Do you view this similarly or is there more I'm missing?

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi druidess,

We ask members to interpret each of their own cards before others join in. The experience of doing that is very helpful to you yourself, it forces you to take an in-depth look at the cards rather than a superficial take.

After that, others will offer their thoughts.

Alta

Rules for Your Readings:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

druidess

Hi druidess,

We ask members to interpret each of their own cards before others join in. The experience of doing that is very helpful to you yourself, it forces you to take an in-depth look at the cards rather than a superficial take.

After that, others will offer their thoughts.

Alta

Rules for Your Readings:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

Hi! Thanks, Alta. The Empress I see as caring deeply, wanting to give love, and possibly having a more optimistic outlook in relationships altogether. In contrast I read the Queen of Cups (r) as the person uninterested or rather uncommitted to the relationship. I read the Moon (r), 7 of Pentacles (r) & Death (r) as not listening to my inner knowing and dragging something out that has been over with. 9 of Cups I look at him not interested anymore, maybe because he needs to feel a sense of control with the Emperor (r)?

headincloud

1. How I see myself - The Empress is pretty self explanatory

2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r) Shallow, wishy-washy, unreliable, unfocused, manipulative, escapism, moody, uncommitted, depressed etc,etc.

3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r) continuing the theme above there may be a drug problem. Your partner is an enigmatic character who keeps slipping through your fingers, you cannot really know this person, it seems you're invited to become involved and share in fantasies but your partner is unreliable forgetting what he said in romantic moments or even deceiving you outright.

4. Present situation or challenge of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r) giving up out of a sense of hopelessness and despair.

5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r) Nothing worth holding on to.

6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups, his wish.

7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r) It's highly possible he's using you for sexual gratification or ego boosting, the trophy girlfriend is an example of this card rx. Sorry for such awful cards, I'm useless at sugar coating.

lighthousekeeper

Oof. I was glad to see your gist-interp in your first post, that you have the right idea

1. How I see myself - The Empress: In a good way, you think you're good looking, have a lot to offer, and he is not your equal
2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r): He's not man enough for you at all
3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r): I don't know if it can really get much worse
4. Present situation or challange of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r) You're not taking any action but you know you should be
5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r): The end, which hasn't happened yet
6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups: Sees you as self-sufficient, he knows you don't need him, he thinks you're out of his league and he's lucky to be with you
7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r): You have all the power and he has lost his

Good luck....x

druidess

1. How I see myself - The Empress is pretty self explanatory

2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r) Shallow, wishy-washy, unreliable, unfocused, manipulative, escapism, moody, uncommitted, depressed etc,etc.

3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r) continuing the theme above there may be a drug problem. Your partner is an enigmatic character who keeps slipping through your fingers, you cannot really know this person, it seems you're invited to become involved and share in fantasies but your partner is unreliable forgetting what he said in romantic moments or even deceiving you outright.

4. Present situation or challenge of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r) giving up out of a sense of hopelessness and despair.

5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r) Nothing worth holding on to.

6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups, his wish.

7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r) It's highly possible he's using you for sexual gratification or ego boosting, the trophy girlfriend is an example of this card rx. Sorry for such awful cards, I'm useless at sugar coating.

Thanks for the reply! The Queen of Cups & The Moon is spot on. Down to the possible drug problem/escapism and depression. He was a very mysterious character that I wanted to get to know better but it wasn't going anywhere. Don't be sorry! I appreciate your honest approach. Things are over with but were left without much closure so it helps.

druidess

Oof. I was glad to see your gist-interp in your first post, that you have the right idea

1. How I see myself - The Empress: In a good way, you think you're good looking, have a lot to offer, and he is not your equal
2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r): He's not man enough for you at all
3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r): I don't know if it can really get much worse
4. Present situation or challange of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r) You're not taking any action but you know you should be
5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r): The end, which hasn't happened yet
6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups: Sees you as self-sufficient, he knows you don't need him, he thinks you're out of his league and he's lucky to be with you
7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r): You have all the power and he has lost his

Good luck....x

Thanks, lighthousekeeper! As for the Death (r) if it's not over with I would say that's because a part of me has still been holding on. Everything rings pretty true though.

Amanda

Oh good, I was hoping you would have updated your interpretations. I wanted to get here before anyone else, but that's alright -- here are some more thoughts for you.

1. How I see myself - The Empress
2. How I see my partner - Queen of Cups (r)

You see yourself as welcoming with open arms; feeling confident, strong, and sure of yourself.

You see your partner as unreceptive; unwilling or unable to feel welcomed by your loving arms, unable to savor or enjoy your presence or all you have to offer, which is an abundance of things considering the Empress.

3. How I feel about my partner - The Moon (r)

Obsessed.. and that would be because you assume that you are not adequate for this person because of how they have behaved, even though you feel welcoming towards them and confident about yourself -- this person has challenged that. You are trapped emotionally, trying to figure this out.

4. Present situation or challange of the situation - 7 of Pentacles (r)

You see this as a failure and it's not. You may not value the situation for what it was. You might need to re-count the good things that transpired here. Good things that don't lead to great things are still good things.

5. What stands between you and your partner - Death (r)

There is a lack of acceptance over the past and a lack of hope for what comes next.

6. How your partner sees you - 9 of Cups
7. What your partner feels about you - The Emperor (r)

I think he sees you as a source of happiness or pleasure. He may have gotten all that he needed or wanted from you at the time you were together.

He feels his betrayal or guilt; the Emperor RX knows he sold you out for his own selfish gain. That is going to bother him because he's not a complete monster, but it's not likely he will fully own up to it -- he burned his bridge of credibility with you and he knows it.

Just another side note here on the Moon RX + Emperor RX: You cannot try to be rational with people who behave irrationally. He acted like a douchebag and that is the role he has chosen to own for himself and play. Don't be tempted to make excuses for him and don't lose your sense of Empress -- you chose to indulge yourself with this person, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

From where I'm sitting, he's the dummy that missed out on so much more -- you got exactly everything he was offering, and he completely missed out on everything else you were offering. He thinks he scored big-time, but all he got was a sampling from you.

So who truly wins here? A person that snatches a handful of goodies to get him by, or a person who gets the whole pot offered on the table? What he walked away with was chump-change for you, but to him it was everything he wanted (and that's too bad really because he has no idea how much he actually missed out on).

I hope this helps clear up his irrationality a bit for you -- don't waste too much time on it because you're a good woman with a lot to offer, and the right person will be receptive to it! :heart:

headincloud

Thanks for the reply! The Queen of Cups & The Moon is spot on. Down to the possible drug problem/escapism and depression. He was a very mysterious character that I wanted to get to know better but it wasn't going anywhere. Don't be sorry! I appreciate your honest approach. Things are over with but were left without much closure so it helps.

This is one of the best little layouts I've seen the clarity is down to your questions, I'm going to adopt this one, good job if it's your own.

druidess

Oh good, I was hoping you would have updated your interpretations. I wanted to get here before anyone else, but that's alright -- here are some more thoughts for you.

You see yourself as welcoming with open arms; feeling confident, strong, and sure of yourself.

You see your partner as unreceptive; unwilling or unable to feel welcomed by your loving arms, unable to savor or enjoy your presence or all you have to offer, which is an abundance of things considering the Empress.

Obsessed.. and that would be because you assume that you are not adequate for this person because of how they have behaved, even though you feel welcoming towards them and confident about yourself -- this person has challenged that. You are trapped emotionally, trying to figure this out.

You see this as a failure and it's not. You may not value the situation for what it was. You might need to re-count the good things that transpired here. Good things that don't lead to great things are still good things.

There is a lack of acceptance over the past and a lack of hope for what comes next.

I think he sees you as a source of happiness or pleasure. He may have gotten all that he needed or wanted from you at the time you were together.

He feels his betrayal or guilt; the Emperor RX knows he sold you out for his own selfish gain. That is going to bother him because he's not a complete monster, but it's not likely he will fully own up to it -- he burned his bridge of credibility with you and he knows it.

Just another side note here on the Moon RX + Emperor RX: You cannot try to be rational with people who behave irrationally. He acted like a douchebag and that is the role he has chosen to own for himself and play. Don't be tempted to make excuses for him and don't lose your sense of Empress -- you chose to indulge yourself with this person, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

From where I'm sitting, he's the dummy that missed out on so much more -- you got exactly everything he was offering, and he completely missed out on everything else you were offering. He thinks he scored big-time, but all he got was a sampling from you.

So who truly wins here? A person that snatches a handful of goodies to get him by, or a person who gets the whole pot offered on the table? What he walked away with was chump-change for you, but to him it was everything he wanted (and that's too bad really because he has no idea how much he actually missed out on).

I hope this helps clear up his irrationality a bit for you -- don't waste too much time on it because you're a good woman with a lot to offer, and the right person will be receptive to it! :heart:

Wow I really appreciate this! All of the responses. Thank you ❤️

I don't think of him as a terrible person so I guess that's why it was confusing to me. Like what just happened... I definitely was blaming myself and thought I wasn't good enough for him. But, when I look back now I'll try to focus on the good times because you're right it wasn't all bad. I think this reading & forum has helped a lot. It's all so accurate!