9 of Pentacles rx or ill dignified as Body Image/Self image issues?

Girl Archer

Hi AT-ers,

I constantly keep getting this card in various positions but mostly the How To, be it in love readings or self fulfilment readings. I wondered if since upright, this woman seems to be at ease and comfortable in her environment (let's not go to that place where some argue that she is a kept woman and actually feels stifled, and her comfort is somewhat staged), would it mean "not loving your body/body image or self image issues"?

Also, what other cards would you associate with body image issues?

ana luisa

I think it would probably mean not taking things for granted. See, the lady in this card has it all and does not have to worry about anything... Kept or not :D

Girl Archer

I think it would probably mean not taking things for granted. See, the lady in this card has it all and does not have to worry about anything... Kept or not :D

Hi ana luisa,

Good point, but does it also point to the issues I mentioned? I guess it might be a reminder for me to stay grateful or practise some form of gratefulness meditation,which is definitely a splendid idea! So thanks for that ;)

ana luisa

I kept thinking about this card and, in fact, it has many many layers to it. I am a bit lost because I couldn't see the exact question you asked but this lady is the picture of established comfort. I tend to see the reversed as a caution as well: today may be ok, financially, physically etc but things do change with time so do not let it fall. Some readers also see this lady as being isolated from the rest; it's reverse could be an invitation to go out more, to socialize and get together with people.

Farzon

To me this is a card of physical well-being and financial security. Worldly security but still in touch with a higher sense. Where the ten is saturation, nothing but the material gain.

Reversed I would see body and mind disconnected, if applied to a body image. In a man, adonis-complex. Every problem connected to a faulty self-image maybe even up to hatred for the own body.

Girl Archer

To me this is a card of physical well-being and financial security. Worldly security but still in touch with a higher sense. Where the ten is saturation, nothing but the material gain.

Reversed I would see body and mind disconnected, if applied to a body image. In a man, adonis-complex. Every problem connected to a faulty self-image maybe even up to hatred for the own body.

I would certainly agree that a body-mind disconnection could be applicable here. I would not go so far as to say I hate my body but yeah there are some days when I could show more love to the poor dear :) Good points, thank you Farzon!

I kept thinking about this card and, in fact, it has many many layers to it. I am a bit lost because I couldn't see the exact question you asked but this lady is the picture of established comfort. I tend to see the reversed as a caution as well: today may be ok, financially, physically etc but things do change with time so do not let it fall. Some readers also see this lady as being isolated from the rest; it's reverse could be an invitation to go out more, to socialize and get together with people.

you are right ana! This card has so many layers to it. The more I kept thinking of what you said, all those emerged along with what I knew about the card, and then again across my 47 decks each one adds a slightly different connotation, or a small tweak to the original meaning. That is what makes this card so beautiful and mysterious. That could be applicable to all of Tarot too, I suppose. I suppose with the 9, an isolationnist tendency could be there too. Nice job spotting that :thumbsup:

Lucas Prince of Cats

Things are going your way! Thigs you
've been trying to get or working at are now coming to you, manifesting!

Girl Archer

Things are going your way! Thigs you
've been trying to get or working at are now coming to you, manifesting!

Hi Lucas Prince of Cats (Adore your username btw :D)

What you are saying would be in an upright sense, yeah? How would you interpret 9 of Pents reversed or ill dignified?

Lucas Prince of Cats

Hi Lucas Prince of Cats (Adore your username btw :D)

What you are saying would be in an upright sense, yeah? How would you interpret 9 of Pents reversed or ill dignified?

I don't really interpret reversals, but since you do, I'd see it as a block of manifesting energy. Things aren't coming through.

And thank you very much about my username. I use it on a few accounts. You can also call me Tybalt II. :D

Girl Archer

I don't really interpret reversals, but since you do, I'd see it as a block of manifesting energy. Things aren't coming through.

And thank you very much about my username. I use it on a few accounts. You can also call me Tybalt II. :D

Gotcha! Now I know what you mean! I don't really do rx either, BUT my deck (Phantasmagoric Theater deck) was pretty adamant.