A Lady's Cycle.

wildchilde

Hey KristyRex, I thought better of my previous statement that lobelia should be ok even during pregnancy. I actually don't know that that is true and probably has a lot to do with the dosage. So, again, please make sure you would consult a qualified herbalist regarding any herb or formula you were to use. :)

The doctor's have proven pretty useless so far, to be honest. All we've discovered is that I have PMDD. We haven't really placed the excessive bleeding during my cycle...

This certainly does not surprise me to hear that doctors have been useless. Generally speaking when it comes to women's bodies and especially exclusively female issues, the medical establishment is completely incapable of doing anything but treating the problem rather than healing the whole person. I don't know why they are having such a problem "placing" your bleeding...barring a tumor or cyst, it is directly related to low progesterone production.

I found some great websites that may help you find the answers you are seeking and both address PMDD directly so hopefully you will be able to alleviate some of the suffering you are going through. It is worth it to spend some time on both of these sites reading the information available (not just the links provided below).

http://www.womentowomen.com/pms/herbal-treatments-for-pms.aspx

http://www.cycleharmony.com/nutriti...nswer-to-your-menstrual-problems?view=article

shelikes2read

I'm sorry to see that the source of the symptoms has been so all-fired hard to pin down. It's a nuisance to have to get test after test, without any conclusive answers coming through. Yes, it is a huge relief if we get back a clean test result, when the thing being tested for would have been a really scary or serious ailment. Finding out that we DON'T have that nasty problem is good.

But not finding out what the root cause of unwanted symptoms is, after multiple attempts... I can attest from firsthand experience that that is just a giant pain in the rump. I hope you can get some solid answers ASAP, and that the situation proves to be easily treated once it's identified.

BTW... I nearly forgot. I have a necklace of garnet chips that I normally wear whenever I give blood for the Red Cross. Garnet is one stone that resonates with the Root Chakra and has a positive impact on blood, the circulatory system, etc. So if you have anemia concerns, along with having a bloodwork to confirm or rule it out, you can't go wrong with some garnet to help boost matters.

PulchraElectri

hello

I know this post is a little older but I felt like I needed to share. I have suffered from crazy monthly cycles all my life as you have. I started at age nine and was put on birth control at 17 to calm everything down. It wasn't till I was 20 that I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom. I was told that my chances of conceiving were slim to none because of this and how bad mine was. I learned of a man in new york city who was trying therapy with couples labeled as "infertile". He was doing cycles of antibiotics to clean out the women's uterus as well as the mens semenile fluid. I can not for the life of me remember his name or anything but in the article I read on his work and his patients testimony, his success rate in getting the women pregnant through this method was amazing. Almost every couple was able to conceive as early as two months after recieving this treatment. I am not saying it's a cure all but I think it would definitely be something worth looking into. His theory is that sometimes there is bacteria and things that get overlooked while searching for reasons for the infertility in the man or woman. If he can provide a thouroughly clean environment for the baby to grow in, it will increase a woman's chances of getting pregnant astronomically. I struggled for only three years to conceive my daughter so I know it's hard. My one other piece of advice is to not stress about it. I don't know if you are but I sure did. And as soon as I relaxed and didn't even think of getting pregnant, I got pregnant. I wish you all the very best of luck!

p.s. I don't know if you're doctors have looked at it but you might want to find a gynocologist who is experienced in treating Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom. I had a lot of the same symptoms as you are describing. Especially the very heavy bleeding, long bleeding cycles, and extreme pain and cramping before/during/after my cycle. Other signs can be growing hair in wierd places such as your chin or chest, painful cramp like feelings in your uterus area in between monthly cycles (this occurs when a cyst that has formed on your ovaries bursts) darkening pigmentation around your neck, under your arms, or in your vaginal area. PCOS is an imbalance of testosterone in a female's body. It causes your ovaries to not release the eggs during ovulation. Instead the egg just sits in its little pouch and forms into a cyst. Luckily, if you do have it, it can be treated using (weirdly enough) diabetes medication and/or a round of birth control with a high dose of female hormones in it. And taking prenatal vitamins while you are trying to concieve is also a good idea. Anyway, lol, those are a few things to check on.

celticnoodle

I've only just come across this thread, so please excuse me for the fact that I did not read every post and may repeat some things already posted.

I also had this same problem and STILL do. :rolleyes: even though I've been going through menopuase since 1998.

I have a condition called "Menorrhagia". You can google it and I highly recommend that you do so--and then talk to your doctor about htis as well.

I have had two D&Cs to help correct this--to no avail.

I've also been placed on birth control to help with this--again to no avail, save to cause yet more health issues for me--including recently a blood clot in my leg (DVT) which was QUITE scary, let me tell you!!! And, now I have to deal with this for the rest of my life as well. :rolleyes:

I'm also allergic to NSAIDS, so that treatment is out for me.

I have thyroid problems, and boht my mother & sister, who also had troublesome periods were diagnosed with endometriosis, which I could very likely have as well, but since I'm now in menopause, my doctors for the last 14 years will NOT test me for. :mad:

I think I must hold the record for going through menopause. AND I still have the very heavy periods that are also not predictable. I could have 2 periods in a 30 day period--each 10+ days apart, or less. My record is 2 in a 30 day period with only 4 days w/o.

I feel for you. I have also tried everything--including as I mentioned, the d&c and also another procuedure to remove polyps that I had.

I was always severely anemic - as a result until after I had my daughter, then that issue did clear up. :thumbsup:

I was told at a young age, that I would never be able to get pregnant and if I did so, I would most likely not carry to term and would have to be on total bedrest.

Well, I did get pregnant - while on the birth control pill AND carried my daughter for 44+ weeks, before finally having a c-section. :rolleyes: all in all -everything was worth it, for our daughter, BUT, just sharing with you what it might be and advising you to check into this with your doctor. Good luck to you.

Among other herbs, I did use chamomile tea to help with the severe, debilitating cramps I would get and it did help A LOT!

and, I agree with whomever mentioned that it is very common for groups of women to get onto the same cycle when they are together. Every place I worked with other women I have had this occur, and also with my mother and sisters too, and my daughter & I as well.

Good luck to you, hope you are able to get pregnant, and find a way to lessen the issues you have with your cycle.

btw, my sister who was diagnosed with endometriosis--had her cycles clear up beautifully after giving birth to her first baby and never had troublesome periods after that! she was also on the birth control pill too - which may have been what corrected it--who knows. but her doctor attributes it to both the pregnancy AND b.c. pills.

Firefly Dancer

Kristy : I am sorry to have read this message until today, I have been MIA from this forum for a while.

I normally do not read this thread cause I have zero knowledge about crystals, but I noticed the topic and since I am familiar with a condition called PCOS, I decided to read it.

First, while crystals may help you in some way, your problem is more of an endocrin origin and may sound like either PCOS or endometriosis. Such conditions need to be treated so you can get better and hopefully, get pregnant ( crossing fingers for you !! )

I have to tell you I had exactly the same issues you describe. I was miserable as a teen because of the onset of menstruation and how sick I would feel. I was weak and fainted because of the hemorragies and being anemic because of them, and I had to spend those days lying down and missing school. I was also put on BCP´s to control it and they only made my condition worse, cause they altered my hormones, and then I started not having my period at all. BCP´s are NOT the solution for this problem, they are just an quick fix the doctors prescribe, but they are not treating the root of the problem.

I was diagnosed many years later with PCOS, an endocrine disorder that is caused by insulin resistance, and which leads to infertility as well. It might be you have such a disorder and probably it has not been properly diagnosed. If you do have PCOS, it cannot be cured, but it can be controlled and you CAN get pregnant ( I am living proof of it, my girl is sleeping upstairs :) )

If you need more information, you can visit this web site : http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/pcosinfo.html

Or if you want to contact me, just send me a PM or an e-mail and I will be glad to share with you my journey with PCOS and infertility. I would be glad to help, I have studied a lot about PCOS and infertility due to my own experience. In my case, many of my health problems were rooted around the endocrine disorder. From abnormal menstruations, to infertility, to even panick and anxiety disorder, they all came because of this endocrine condition.

I wish you the best, and know that there is hope and options to treat any condition you get diagnosed with.

I send you a big hug and some positive energy as well,
Firefly.

Hemera

moderator note

Please stay on topic of this sub forum which is Crystals & Herbs.

You can discuss how they can help regulate the cycles. Other than that needs to be discussed elsewhere and preferably with experts of the Medical profession. Thanks for understanding