Any Areas You Don't Ask About?

Rhiannon

To clarify: are you asking "What won't you ask a reader (even if that reader is yourself) about?" or "What subject won't you read about for a sitter?"

I thought it was the first one. So, to answer that one, I don't ask about my love life. I'm happily married and until I'm not, no questions asked LOL. :D

To answer the second one, I will try to read for any question. Sometimes there may be some re-wording of the question, and certainly I would refer them to a health professional (or lawyer, veterinarian, psychiatrist, etc.) but I would try the reading. The only reason I would not is if I got the feeling that they were unstable and that the reading might cause more harm than good.

mackoroni

closrapexa said:
Why not ask about those kinds of situations? If I woudn't read about them then I would have stopped learning Tarot ages ago. I don't read for myself on those subjects, since I know that in that area I am far from objective, but to other people? Romantic questions are the most popular questions asked. And if not to answer a question like "Does he love me" then "Should I persue this person, is he worth it?"

Oh I would answer them for others! I'm in a committed three year relationship that is going well! Sorry I probably wasn't that clear, I meant any areas you do not enquire about when you are doing your own reading. I am far from objective on matters of love as well, and I also tend to be a worrier - something I am working on with a professional (I tend to worry about certain areas of my life way too much and create issues for matters that aren't there but become issues just out of my worrying, and reading into things to much etc, probably too much information for you all!) So I thought it best to not read on things that I 'sensitive' about for the time being, which is really only a couple of things.

But by all means, if anyone else wanted to know about there love life, I would read for them on that! People ask the cards if someone is gay?! (Not that there's anything wrong with being gay!) I don't think I would leave that one open to Tarot's interpretation, not if I thought my boyfriend or husband might be, I'd work on getting to the bottom of that and fast!

Elven - I agree with you on this: "As for others questions - as long as it is about them, and they are willing to be responsible for asking the question and recieving the answer from me, I will explore the issue. I am also aware I need to be responsible for my answer I give as well!" :)

Sulis

If I'm reading for someone else I don't do readings about health, finances or legal
matters because I'm not qualified to do so.

Love

Sulis xx

Zephyros

Sulis said:
If I'm reading for someone else I don't do readings about health, finances or legal
matters because I'm not qualified to do so.

Love

Sulis xx

Sulis that raises an interesting question. Suppose you were a lawyer, or a doctor, as I'm sure there are members on the boards who are. Suppose yopu went to a lawyer or a doctor and they read your card and through the reading reccomended a course of action. Would that be the best course of action? Or would a reading together with their proffessional opinion? (if this sounds argumentative, it really isn't, I'm asking seriously)

Ultimately such question are, in my mind, difficult to answer because of the very limits that Tarot has.

autumn star

When reading for myself ... I would generally read about anything ... but I would also steer away from health topics.

Also ... I don't really like reading about the future ... if there is an outcome card then I'm ok with that ... but those what will the future bring kind of questions I don't really touch ... because they can distort what you may expect in the future ... and then it might come true just because you are thinking about it and believe that it will ... a self fulfilling prohecy ... and I really wouldn't read for someone else about their future.

Another thing that I wouldn't do is base a really big decision on a tarot reading .... so I rarely do decision making spreads ... unless for something not so important.

jmd

If in a reading aspects pertinent to health, to finances, or to legal stuff comes up, I personally will not quell these.

There is a difference between some regions having legal restrictions as to what or may not be said, and whether a reading may or may not include anything that may be pertinent to life in general - and these three of course are.

Personally, I would not like to see further constraints as to not only what may be read, but how it may be so.

A few examples may serve as illustration here: if in a reading one senses that a particular investment (which the reader may not even have been aware was being considered) has more risks than may be apparent, I do not see why this need not be said; if as a reader I pick up some concerns about surgery, again, this possibly would be better mentioned; or if a sense of legal wranglings and directions are picked up, why not speak it!?

In each case, it may actually assist the person in making up their decision, which of course will be made not simply from the reading, but in conjunction from the various advice they may have received from the relevant professional, from friends, and from family.

This is where for myself I often prefer to have a 'cold' reading, where there is no question stated, simply allowing the cards to speak of their own accord, and see where they lead in further discussion and consultation with the readee.

Tabby

Areas don't ask about?

I would have to say health.

MeeWah

JMD eloquently sums up my views on self readings; also where reading for others concerned.

Generally, I approach my personal readings from a "what do I need to know" basis with the understanding that the most pertinent information will be given. Should a reading for another be discussed before the actual reading, I tend to advise the same approach.

The appearance of *any* aspect is "fair game". That is, regardless of its nature, I will follow it through within the reading. Whether for self or another, that it appears at all is significant & deserves examination.

Thus, whilst I do not read specifically on certain subjects, I do not seek to avoid them either if they show up in a reading for anyone.

I also do the "cold" readings where a broad & non-prejudicial query such as on a need to know basis tends to permit the cards & I free reign. Also contributes towards my own or another's better position to the decision-making process if such involved.

blackroseivy

I don't ask about health either, & I don't ask ANYTHING to do with S-E-X!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blushblushblush :| I have to do the euphamism thing for this in my own readings!!!!!!!!! I'm just too modest!!

MareSaturni

Hum...talking about more 'serious' questions (health., love, job etc.), i don't ask what i don't need to know. For instance, i don't ask me if my bf loves me - he's with me, we are all right thank goodness, so no reason to ask it.
Unless i'm practicing, but then i like to do readings for others...i don't have so many question all the time (maybe i lack of criativity?). But if there is no guinea pig around, i'll do a reading for myself about something irrelevant ('should i buy that book?') or do a reading for my dog :p

I don't ask the Tarot about health because i don't trust my skill enough (and i'm no doctor). HOWEVER, i don't deny this aspect might appear in a more general reading, or even in a specific one. Health is part of life - an important one, i stress. Who knows if your boss isn't acting weirdly because he is having some health problem and isn't even aware of it?
So, even if you don't ask "how is personX's health", it doesn't mean the Tarot won't show a card that might point to health issues that might be important to know. That's something i personally like to keep in mind always, because...i don't agree with 'deleting' aspects of life from readings.

Call that my Lenormand mentality...

:TPW Yuko