Any Areas You Don't Ask About?

Flidais

I am willing to read "about" any area of life. However, the way the question is phrased is extremely important, in my opinon. I take as much care in phrasing the question as I do in reading the answer. I try very hard to help my clients do the same.

caridwen

IMO, it depends on situation and the particular reading for that particular person. I don't have any blanket rules so to speak - however, I wouldn't do anything knowingly 'evil'.:D

judylea1

what I don't ask about

I never ask about the outcome of creative endeavors, at least for myself. Just don't wanna know. I'll ask about anything else, though.

NamasteIndia

I had pasted a small pamplet outside my house about tarot readings and printed horoscopes.

people in my colony are village people without much education they believe a lot in blackmagic and spellcraft.

Once a lady came to me and said she was extremely sick and wanted me to read. I read for her using a health spread. The reading was bang-on she was impressed i also got a negative outcome that her health would not improve. She said thats what the doctor said since she was suffering from advanced arthiritis.

After that other lady came for health reading i read for her using same spread. she said that reading was bang on but she wanted a solution for her health i suggested her a alternative healer since she mentioned that allopathy was not working for her. She did not visit the alternative healer.
She wanted to know whether someone as done blackmagic on her. I said i cannot read that (i was pretty confused too)

After this a other person came he was saying that his wife attempted suicide and he is unable to go to work his mind keeps on beating him. His relatives have stopped talking with him. He wanted to know whether someone as done blackmagic on him. I just counselled him and gave him positive affirmations and told him i would do reiki healing.

But other people had other opinion about him. They said he is HIVpositive and alcoholic and he set his wife on fire. Often after that day i saw him drunk and lying on road under influence of alcohol.

Another lady approached me for reading about health few days ago but i told her im not doctor she should pay heed to her doctors advice since doctor suggested a operation for her since there is major blood clot in her brain.
She just wanted to know whether someone as done blackmagic on her.

So here i avoid reading for health, blackmagic issues, and another guy had attempted suicide and his mother brought him to me (dont know why) well i dont read for this village people any longer.

Rev_Vesta

For me personally when reading for myself or others there is really is nothing I won't read for... I read what the cards say , no more and no less..........

But I am very carefully in how I word the answers... I want the client to be empowered by the reading, I do not want to take away their power....their Control........of their own journey.......

Inreagrds to health- advise to take care... maybe check with a Doctor or health practicioner.........

Finances- keep an eye on spending...bills etc...........maybe some money may come your way......

Legal-You may be dealing with some legal issues, don't forget your personal truth will protect you........

There are ways to answer what you see for the client........

I will not diagnose ailements, I will not give Lotto numbers and I will not say whether someone will win or not because it requires so many other factors into the result.........third party input...........

I will not give people details about someone they are likely to meet I mean total descriptions of names, hair, eyes etc.........closing doorways to meeting new people........

Vesta

nisaba

I really try to avoid questions where teh client is trying to use you to look inside the head of someone else. A person's thoughts are their own business. I don't open other people's mail; I don't look at other people's text messages or emails, I don't ask my decks to tell me what's happening inside their heads.

Rev_Vesta

Nisaba- agree there.. I make sure the reading is really about the client....... not a third party.......

I normally make that very clear... the reading is truly about the client and their personal journey....... the journey may involve someone else but it has to have a connection to the client....

Vesta

gregory

Health - and if specific, legal and financial.

Also I will not read for "what does x think of me" or "is my best friend's partner having an affair."

romanticdreamz

I used to draw quite a few cards at the beginning of my relationship. My own insecurities got the better of me I think. But now two years on and with an impending partnership to plan this year, I'm a lot more comfortable within myself and my relationship. I think it at times the context and the reasons behind drawing the cards is a major factor. What I do occasionally draw every few months (probably even rarer than that) is a few cards about what I should know about my relationship, if there's anything I can do to strengthen it and so on which in my opinion is a far more important question and quite valid.

Like the posts before me, if issues regarding health, finances and legalities come up then fine, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable at all drawing cards on specific matters of that nature.

Aerin

Something where I don't feel able to handle the answer if I had it, that I've made my mind up about already (or the querent has), or where I don't believe I could get a useful answer.

That tends to rule out yes/ no, shoulds, tell me what x is thinking, and where I have no expertise like health, legal.