Bohemian Gothic second edition

gregory

stormdancer339 said:
Duh...wot...HUH??
baba said:
"Arragh! Tis the Red Mask! Doom, doom and direness!"

And when they look, and they can't see nothin' there, you nods slowly and you says, "Can't see it eh?" and then you tuts and shakes yer head.

*shakes head knowingly*

Nydia

Every time I try links on the MRP site for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, I just get a page with a young blond woman and a list of dress links. I can't find the cards anymore. I'd like to compare the old cards with the new cards.

I don't have the first edition. I'd be happy with lots of changes for the reprint. I didn't like the first one enough to buy it when it was easy to buy. (I think some of the people in the courts are ugly. I sometimes think the kids in the deck are creepy. I don't like the gargoyle or the 1950's werewolf. I even think there are too many ruined castles in the background. I don't like the woman in the Lovers card because she looks too stiff.) There are probably people who love the things I don't like about the deck. There are cards I like, too, but my reasons were what de-enabled me from buying it.

baba-prague

Nydia said:
Every time I try links on the MRP site for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, I just get a page with a young blond woman and a list of dress links. I can't find the cards anymore. I'd like to compare the old cards with the new cards.

Yes, the site wasn't working earlier. It should be back up soon I hope.

inanna_tarot

I never saw the point in recolourings and second editions to decks.. till I got the PCS rider waite and compared it to my Universal and WOW the PCS sings to me.. however its crap to meditate with because its like the colour contrast on the TV has gone wonky...

and the original BG is great, but it was like the wonky TV to me. I love it, its eerie realm.. but its like 'dude, put the lights on! I cant see my way through the *bang, knocking knee into the table* TABLE ooooowwww'

So, Dudes of the MRP - dimmer switch up please ?

pretty please?

I love the new touch ups!

baba-prague

inanna_tarot said:
I never saw the point in recolourings and second editions to decks.. till I got the PCS rider waite and compared it to my Universal and WOW the PCS sings to me..

I'm not sure there really is a point beyond the fact that it's very satisfying for us to go back over previous images and alter them. It's one opportunity that comes from using digital imagery and also of having control over our publishing, so we take advantage of that when we can.

In other words - for us it makes the reprints fun! I hope it also makes the decks more interesting for users. As I say, some always prefer our first versions, some like the second editions, so it's nice that there is some variety to choose from.

Aerin

Well I'm having it whatever.

I don't think pastels, shocking pinks or turquoises would look right though...

I like the dark 'n moody. Colour highlights can throw shadows into relief I suppose.

Nina*

baba-prague said:
I'm not sure. I do like the lavenders and reds being a bit more obvious - those colours work well in a deck like this.
YES!!! Lavenders and reds sound fabulous!!!

MoonGypsy

Nina* said:
YES!!! Lavenders and reds sound fabulous!!!

i agree! More obvious Lavenders and reds sound BOOOO tiful!!!:D:heart:

Hugs,
MG [Confirmed MRP Addict] :p

baba-prague

Aerin said:
Well I'm having it whatever.

I don't think pastels, shocking pinks or turquoises would look right though...

I like the dark 'n moody. Colour highlights can throw shadows into relief I suppose.

Yes, I agree.

Alex is working on the Emperor as I'm typing this. I am off to say, "More purples!"

Edited to add. I didn't need to - the Emperor's robe is already a more vivid purple than it was.

Nytebugg

I look forward to it. it should be interesting.
although I do like making discoveries about my deck; like the other day realizing there was a guy in the 4 of wands. never noticed him before. Thene again I've only had my deck for a month or so.