can anyone help with my natal chart interpretation?

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for your understanding, obsidian queen!

obsidian_queen

No problem Isthmus, I completely understand and respect your wishes. Feel better soon Minderwiz!!!!

Minderwiz

Firstly a word about Astrological prediction. Over 3000 years ago the Babylonian Astrologers recognised that ‘what was written in the stars’ could be changed. Indeed they saw one of the functions of Astrology being to help people make decisions so that undesirable events could be avoided and desirable ones secured.

I’m very much of the same opinion. Astrology shows the trends going on around us and into the future. These trends can help us make decisions, change our behaviour, act in a way so that the undesirable is minimised and the desirable achieved. This requires a positive outlook not a fatalistic one. The planets don’t control our destinies, we do.

I’ve cast a Solar Return chart for the year ahead. A Solar Return is the moment when the Sun re-occupies the exact degree that it occupied at your birth. Because there is some difference in the time (and for some people the day) of the Return the Return Sun often occupies a different house from your natal Sun. Moreover the other planets may be in different signs as well as different Houses. The chart gives some idea of the focus of your life for the coming year.

As we already know Pluto will soon transit your Sun – a time of transformation – the ending of one phase and the beginning of another. New challenges will be opening up but first the old phase must end. Changes are often painful in the sense that they require us to cast off old habits and start new ones. A positive approach of being in charge of this change and being in charge of your life will help see this through with the minimum amount of pain.

The main theme of the return chart seems to be the need to prepare for this new phase in your life, which in turn requires you to have some space whilst you begin to put things in place. The Return Ascendant in Virgo gives focus on preparing and reorganising for a new phase in life. A phase where becoming more responsible and conscientious and learning new skills

The Return Sun in the fourth tending to indicate a need for emotional security, creating and establishing a home, a time to re-examine roots and examine old behaviour patterns.

The Return Sun trines the Moon indicating a time when self-growth and self understanding can develop through reflection. Re-establishing equilibrium after the changes of the previous year. This can bring emotional life more into harmony with search for identity and therefore create the foundations for a period of happiness, where more at peace with self.

The Return Sun squares Jupiter – there is a feeling of optimism for the year, it is a time to begin to take some risks, meeting challenges and opening up your life to gain a new perspective be prepared to try new things and be braver but be careful not to expect too much, too soon. It’s a year in which you need space and freedom.

The Return Moon also indicates the need for some space being in the twelfth. You may also feel that you need to be the centre of attention however be careful that this doesn’t leave you being too passive and receptive, you need to be positive and take steps to establish your new life.

Your main concern was whether there would be romance during the year. Given that the fifth also rules children as well as romance, it’s difficult to make any definite comments. Your child is very prominent in your life and the fifth house issues may relate as much to him as to fun and romance. Both Mercury and Venus are in your fifth house, indeed this is a strong position for Venus, it ‘joys’ in the fifth. Both Mercury and Venus are in Capricorn, I therefore doubt that the year will be one of ‘wild parties’ but it does seem to promise some quality recreation time, with others. Venus is also trine Jupiter which suggests that things will flow rather easily. However, as there is some need to take stock and prepare for the next phase, I think any relationships are more likely to be at a casual and friendly level rather than heavy romance – though I certainly would not rule out the possibility that the first small steps towards romance may well be taken. It is likely that you will enjoy the company of others, even if not in a romantic context. You don’t need anything particularly heavy at this time but you do need some good companionship and Saturn, the ruler of the fifth is in the eleventh house of friends.

I see the year as being one that you will look back on as marking the change in your life – the year that you laid the foundations. It might not seem a wonderful year at the time but I think you will see it as a positive year, providing that you don’t expect too much, too soon and providing that you realise that it’s promise will not be secured unless you deliberately set out to do so.

I wish you well for the year.

obsidian_queen

A million thanks Minderwiz, for the completely clear and concise explanation of your observations. Believe me I needed that. I've already been feeling the need to implement changes that you pointed out; I want to move out and create a life for myself and my son, I want to go back to school and perhaps do a masters'...I really want my own space to do my own thing most of all, and I've been restless all year, to the point where I get into confrontations with family members because I feel they are crowding me. I don't feel as intimidated by Pluto's influence any more, I think that whatever comes I can handle it. Besides, I totally agree with you that astrology helps to minimize the bad and gives you ideas on how to maximize the good, and I know the reason I was suddenly drawn to studying it was my way of preparing myself and protecting myself...at least that's what I think. THANK YOU! :) I really appreciate your help and I definitely will be in touch, especially for the little potholes I'm sure to hit next year!

Minderwiz

Obsidian_Queen

It's a pleasure - and you are welcome to drop by over the year with any 'potholes' :)