Cards you dont like? Why?

Queen of Disks

Quizeen said:
Oh my god, the Emperor in the Cosmic deck looks like the creepy Burger King king! Egad!

The King of Pentacles does too! :eek: :bugeyed:

And the man in the Cosmic Nine of Wands card looks like Vanilla Ice! (That's what I get for posting after work) :eek:

*cues up the "Psycho" shower music*

I don't like the Six of Cups from the Lo Scarabeo (me and everyone else.) A serious case of distracting nudity and "why??" :bugeyed: I also don't like the Lovers from the LS Sorcerers. You got a naked woman and a knight in armor. So why is there a snake there? :confused:

I also don't like the Strength card from the Visconti. Now I understand full well that this is not the RWS, and the modern definition of Strength and the Rennaisance definition of Strength are somewhat different. And I know the myth of Hercules and the Nemean Lion. I still don't do well with cruelty to animals, and the sight of a man beating a lion with a club does not make me happy. :mad:

I have no problem with the meanings of individual cards. It's just that the imagery of some cards has a lot to be desired.

gorgeousbutterfly

five of swords from the spiral tarot, looks like a creepy old man who doesn't seem to care the cost of winning. scary. reminds me of a narcissist who will kill if you spread gossip about him.

Miss Divine

I love my Morgan Greer BUT... the 10 of swords is nasty nasty. It's bad enough all those swords in his back but the blood in it really does it. YUCK!
And ofcourse I've been so lucky to pull that card for myself often enough...
It really makes me cringe.

LadySquee

From the Universal deck..

The biggest one I have a problem with is The Empress. WAY too elaborate. Are those staffs holding up her headdress? Too much going on on her head.

The Emperor is also a big elaborate. All the clothes seem to look like muscles.

3 of Pentacles...I can't tell if it's a boy or girl. The lips and nose bothers me most.

5 of Wands...the beaks irritate me probably because I try to imagine them in real life and feel sorry for them.

4 of Wands kind of bugs me because for a while, I thought it was a big fish. Apparently there's people in it, but it still looks like a fish. It confuses me.

Alamaris

Sakura Murasaki said:
I don't like The Lovers from the Robin Wood deck. =/

It's not the nudity that bothers me; the guy is just not attractive at all, up or down (below). :p
Yes. Thank god somebody said it. :D

There's a card in the Secret Tarot that I absolutely despise...the man looks like a malformed pilgrim doll. I can't remember exactly which one at the moment, and the deck is in storage.

Teacups

the Strength card in the Modern Medieval deck gives me the heebie-geebies so bad.... Amazon keeps throwing that deck at me, and the pics they show are interesting, but then I check it out here at AT and they show more pics of the cards, and the one that kinda gives me nightmares is that creepy Strength card.... why, oh why does the woman have a SEVERED lion head in her hands? GROSS!! gross gross gross, and where's the rest of the lion? in some mobster's bed?

Teacups

great, now I can't get that image outta my head.... D'OH! bad pun

SarahRose

Cards I usually always don't like are the 10 of Swords and ESPECIALLY Hanged Man. That one gives me the creeps.

Oddity

Sakura Murasaki said:
I don't like The Lovers from the Robin Wood deck. =/

It's not the nudity that bothers me; the guy is just not attractive at all, up or down (below). :p
The lady in that card creeps me out more. There's something weird going on with her face and neck... eeek.

And the Emperor of that same deck! He needs to eat more, he has really skinny chicken legs. (I still love that deck though, there are just some cards in it that make me want to take out a pen and fix them :) )

I don't like the Emperor of the RiderWaite deck either, what a grumpy old man.

Come to think of it, it's often the case that I don't like the Emperor in a deck.

Oddity

SarahRose said:
Cards I usually always don't like are the 10 of Swords and ESPECIALLY Hanged Man. That one gives me the creeps.
Funny, those are two of the cards that I almost always like... I would not want to get them in a reading of course, but, you know, I just like to look at them.

I find them interesting. A little scary, but in a good way.

Intriguing is maybe the word I'm looking for.