Cards you dont like? Why?

raventepes

You know. I've never really paid attention to individual cards. I either like a deck or not.

While there are individual cards that I DO absolutely love, I've just never paid attention to its opposite.

VGimlet

I mostly don't like the Herophiant. I find it both problematical and annoying. Not fond of it in any of it's variations in any of the Judeo/Christian based decks. I think for me it kind of personifies what I don't like about organized religions in general.

Alta

I don't take against individual cards per se. Sometimes I won't like the way an artist has rendered one or another in a particular deck, but the cards themselves, no.

northsea

A few cards I don't like much:

Sacred Rose the 5 of Swords - ouch
T. Imagination the Hanged Man - nasal
Thoth Aeon -"'egyptian'"
Ancestral Path World - literal

cookie17urs

A couple of cards....

Generally dislike the Devil and Death cards in most/all packs I have seen. They always freak me out too much! Quite often I have decided against buying a deck after seeing either/both of those cards as the images are always too negative or downright scary!

Teacups

Dare I say it? don't everyone shoot me, but.... Bogoth "The Moon" lady looks like she forgot to put in her dentures, or maybe she's wearing a orthodontic retainer? something not right with her mouth... Didn't stop me from buying the deck though (if it would only get here) because the Wheel of Fortune is so exquisite I had to have. Only a minor grievance.

tabi

Off the top of my head:

DruidCraft:
The Magician, mostly because it reminds me of John Travola in Saturday Night Fever.
The High Priestess, one scary ass chicky there.

Revelations:
The Empress, she looks like a drunken Mardi Gras Drag Queen gone askew. (Will say that most Drag Queens I've seen have much better taste though)

The minors I generally don't mind much but those three are the most noticable to me.

Faolainn Storm

I've got to admit it. As much as I love, adore, cherish my Tarot of Dreams, the hermit is kinda creepy. I'm still trying to work out if he has no eyes or if he just has his eyes shut. I'm desperately hoping that it is the latter. But he looks really weird either way.
But one bad card in a deck doesn't ruin it for me. It takes a lot of bad cards to make me give up on a deck. I consider it this way: just like no person is perfect, no deck is perfect. We have to learn to love the imperfections in our decks the same way we love the imperfections in those people we love. And what I dislike about a deck is not what you or anyone else will dislike. There will never be a perfect deck. Even if I was a brilliant artist (which I'm not) and spent the rest of my life painting the images for my perfect deck, I would proably still never be truly happy.
And imperfection can be good. After all the persian rug makers always put an imperfection into their rugs because to make something perfect was seen as an insult to god, who is the only perfect part of creation. Therefore imperfection have their place in the tarot as much as in anything else.

Faolainn Storm

zachlost

tabi said:
Off the top of my head:
Revelations:
The Empress, she looks like a drunken Mardi Gras Drag Queen gone askew. (Will say that most Drag Queens I've seen have much better taste though)

That's the funniest thing I've heard about the deck this year. I must tell the person it's based on about it someday - she MIGHT have a chuckle too (depending on how drunk she is at the time).

:)