Ciro Marchetti Decks - questions for owners

starlightexp

I think it's a great idea to revisit the art. Put me down for one. I think my ToD and Legacy SE need a new friend

DaughterOfDanu

I'd LOVE to own a remake of the Gilded. My gilded is my most loved deck because its the one I learned to read with. Its like a colorful safety blanket!

The comparison looks really awesome! I've always preferred the special editions you've put out to the mass marketed ones (Although I always am late to the party obtaining them! I'll be first in line for the Oracle of Visions though!!!) They just have many more personal touches that make the deck glow. Its like comparing silver (Mass marketed) to gold (Special editions) both are great but one (gold/special editions) is always a level above the other.

Essjay

I'd love to see a remake of the Gilded too - absolutely 100%

Alta

wow, Ciro, really, just WOW!

cardlady22

Ciro, you know how loved your work is. Do what is right for You!
That said, I will watch . . . :angel:

Manda

*drool*

I'd buy one. Or 8.

Aurora369

cirom said:
I've continued toying with this idea of redoing the Gilded. It would certainly be a symbolic way of ending my tarot deck journey. If the Fool was a metaphor for the original Gilded, then a redo of it would be The World and representing a full circle and the things learned along the way. Regrettably Llewellyn have informed me they would not want to publish it were I to do it, which disappointed me, but after some "persuasion" they have at least given me a green light to self publish, provided it would not be made available at the retail level. This is fine, as it also gives me complete freedom to consider different sizes, card stock and printing options. The balance would be to keep the overall look and theme of the original but with greater detail and visual richness that would warrent the effort and still have appeal to both new and "repeat" customers. I would also go for the full Monty, and consider larger size, gold edging, and maybe even gold foil embedded into the imagery. Going to have to seriously chew this over, as any project of this nature represents around 18 months of work.

I say go for it. I would definitely buy this deck if it were redone. I already have all three of your decks and love them.

Nina*

I'd LOVE to see what you'd make of it. AND a copy or two...

So please don't waste your time reading this thread... just go ahead! :D

shadowdancer

Ciro, I would be in the queue asking if you could seriously consider re-visiting the Gilded. You have cited some good reasons as to why it is something you would gain satisfaction from.

On a personal level, having seen the 'new' Strength and Devil, I feel it would have more of a fit with the other two decks. And, if it were similarly sized to either the ToD or Legacy I really would feel I owned a unique trilogy (if that makes sense).

Go on.... you know you want to :D :D

As an aside, I am gobsmacked Llewellyn haven't bitten your hand off here and immediately offered to be involved. It will most certainly be their loss. Have they no idea what a gift horse is for goodness sake????? Having said that, if you do self publish I just know overall it will be a richer and meatier looking deck.

Good luck with whatever you decide Ciro. And another all the best for the oracle deck. I will be waiting with paypal at the ready :D

Davina

merissa_88

I don't own the Gilded. I got the smaller Tarot of Dreams instead.

A re-worked version of the Gilded Tarot would be amazing! I would have to get that one.