Ciro Marchetti Decks - questions for owners

Altena

The reworked cards look absolutely jaw-dropping. If it comes to be I'll easily line up for a deck or two.

mza

shadowdancer said:
having seen the 'new' Strength and Devil, I feel it would have more of a fit with the other two decks.
Davina
Yeah Ciro the new Strength is beautiful esp the lion right down to his whiskers- beautiful animal. Davina or anyone where is the new Gilded devil? I searched this thread back and forth for the link and didn't find it. I would like to see that smokin devil ;).

ETA oh and to the OP i don't own the ToD but have the other two. The gilded is my favourite and i used it for about a year before venturing out on others simply because i enjoyed learning with it. Needless to say the imagery is beautiful and quite engaging as a first deck for a novice like me at the time. The legacy is gorgeous although i am still slightly intimidated by it as some of the cards i find a bit remote for me to connect with. I still use the gilded a lot and it is esp for my own readings and nobody else. Sometime in the future i will probably get a second copy of the gilded because its gonna be really worn out as the edges are going white slightly. I don't use any decks for meditation cos really i've never tried, but the interesting thing is a few cards from the gilded appear in dreams for me and once a card from the legacy also did. At this time i was not reading with the decks so i found it interesting and thought there was a message (and later it turned out that yes there was!). It hasn't happened yet with the other decks, and i assume it must be the artwork or just the way i bonded with it which is quite easy for these cards hence the popularity. Going off on a tangent now (!) but i guess if i were to meditate i might use my first deck since that knows me more.
Cheers!

GryffinSong

cirom said:
I've continued toying with this idea of redoing the Gilded....

Wow. Just totally wow. I have been thinking over the last few weeks that I have never, ever, ever seen a Devil card that I like. I LOVE the re-done Gilded Devil. Put me down for STRONG interest in a re-do of that deck!!!

BlueDragonfly

Oh. My. Gawd. Yes Please! I will gladly add my name to the list of interested "repeat customers"! I'd love to see a self-published version, larger, more detailed, more gorgeous!

Fly My Pretty

I've only had my Legacy deck for a little while but it's much loved like a dear old friend. I've been looking at buying the Gilded, but I think that if it is going to be redone, I may just hold out til then, I am absolutely loving the re-worked cards so far. Amazing & inspiring :thumbsup:

cirom

Fly My Pretty said:
I I've been looking at buying the Gilded, but I think that if it is going to be redone, I may just hold out til then, I am absolutely loving the re-worked cards so far. Amazing & inspiring :thumbsup:

Well thank you all for all the encouragement. As for holding out though... don't hold your breath. I haven't really decided yet, and even if I did go ahead, we're talking about two years before it would be available.

Pam O

Oh come on. I LOVE the idea since you have come so far in the depths of your tarot knowledge. It will be so fun to compare the 2 versions. I've been using my Gilded more since seeing this thread. :) I feel the Gilded calling me now... :p

And YES golden gilding, gold ink, ohhhhhhh, I'm soooo drooling.... :D

nisaba

cirom said:
It would certainly be a symbolic way of ending my tarot deck journey.
<shocked>

Fly My Pretty

cirom said:
As for holding out though... don't hold your breath. I haven't really decided yet, and even if I did go ahead, we're talking about two years before it would be available.

Well all good things are worth the wait, but if I find that I just can't wait, i'm sure that the original deck will be just as exciting for me :)

cirom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirom
It would certainly be a symbolic way of ending my tarot deck journey.

nisaba said:
<shocked>

"end of my Tarot journey" sounded more melodramatic than intended. Its just that I had previously decided that I wouldn't do any more tarot decks, for many reasons but principally because just churning out another deck like some kind of Doreen Virtue factory, has no appeal. With my style it represents too much work, and so there has to be motivation (beyond financial). The motivation is that whatever the next project is, it would be an improvement on the previous one, and I didn't feel I could do that in Tarot terms following the Divine Legacy project. But redoing the Gilded might fulfill that objective...