Conspiracy Theory Readings

MeeWah

Many of us are fascinated by conspiracy theories. & as a reader, I certainly am!

Readers tend to think outside of the box. Or at least, willing to give something a spin to see what results. If nothing else, this can be both educational & entertaining :)

For a change of pace, Your Readings will again be hosting "Conspiracy Theory Readings" for those interested. The first such occasion was all of about 5.5 years ago. The original thread is in the Forum Archives, & was inspired by Free Flight:

"conspiracy theories and some readings"

http://www.tarotforum.net/library/16/2005-03/conspiracy-theories-and-some-readings-20050324.shtml

I plan to use my Conspiracy Theory Spread:

1. What is known
2. What is not known
3. What is true
4. What is not true
5. Additional insight(s)
6. Conclusion

As then, thread posters may post links to their threads in Your Readings in this thread (though not all of the then threads were).

Hope to see some of y'all in Your Readings!

Angii..Kyanite

Oh yay! I can't wait! I love reading conspiracy theories.

Question though...we will be posting our reading in the your readings section than posting the link on here? Sorry if that seems obvious I just wasn't sure..

MeeWah

Angii..Kyanite: I, too! Can't wait, that is :)

& yes, post your reading in the Your Readings Forum; then post a link to it here so folks can go directly to it.

Thanks for responding. & looking forward to this.

MrAndrewJ

I have seen a lot of interesting spreads on the forum but never tried one -- until now.

If I get time after work tomorrow (big, busy day) then I'll certainly read through more of this and give it a shot. This certainly appeals to my sense of fun.

Angii..Kyanite

ILve been ill this past weekend and haven't done any readings because of it. I've needed to lay down and relax (blah.) I'm hoping to be up and runnin' tomorrow though so if I am I will get started! :D

nisaba

<gibbers with apocalyptic bliss>

Nevada

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic idea.

Le Fanu

I shall come clean here and say I never quite know what a conspiracy theory actually is (here might be a good place to explain it). Isn't it just some overblown and far-fetched version of something which is actually quite mundane?

Like Henry VIII was actually an alien or something like that?

ncharge

A conspiracy theory usually involves somebody doing something nefarious and blaming it on somebody else. For instance, the famous JFK theory (or theories?) saying that the US CIA killed John Kennedy because of his stance on Cuba and set up Oswald as the fall guy. Sometimes they have to get rather complex to cover all the angles of an event. For instance, from Wikkipedia on the September 11th attacks:

... "More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East." The most prominent theory is that the collapse of the World Trade Center and 7 World Trade Center were the result of a controlled demolition rather than structural weakening due to fire. Another prominent belief is that the Pentagon was hit by a missile launched by elements from inside the U.S. government or that a commercial airliner was allowed to do so via an effective standdown of the American military. Motives cited by conspiracy theorists include justifying the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, and geostrategic interests in the Mideast, including pipeline plans launched in the early 1990s by Unocal and other oil companies....

Most of them are totally crazy. Some make me think. Such as the conspiracy theories about chemtrails (www.anomalies-unlimited.com).

Aulruna

Le Fanu said:
I shall come clean here and say I never quite know what a conspiracy theory actually is (here might be a good place to explain it). Isn't it just some overblown and far-fetched version of something which is actually quite mundane?

Like Henry VIII was actually an alien or something like that?

Here are some classics:
http://theoriesofconspiracy.com/history-conspiracy/top-10-conspiracy-theories.htm#more-369

I also find conspiracy theories intriguing. Might jump in with a reading on the Knights Templar...