Contradicting answers???

lotus_candy

Hey I'm fairly new to tarot but I've been asking the cards if my ex will come back and got things like the 2 of Cups, 10 of Cups, and things like that. Well I know it's wrong but I always re-ask the same questions and suddenly I started to get all those cards reversed! I have a feeling I've 'annoyed' my deck. Please help :) What does that mean and should I go with my first readings?

gregory

I would say - give it a rest for a while. I don't myself believe a deck can "get annoyed" but tarot has a way of telling us that we have asked the same question too often.

Go with your first readings ? Sure; did they make sense ?

LovelyMissAries

Why would you re-ask the same question?

love.actually

I can totally relate--the cards start reversing and the messages get more muddled whenever I do a reading for myself or a friend that has been asked too many times. I try to avoid asking a question again unless there's been a development that may have altered the chain of events. I also write down the question and which cards I get for every spread that I do in my little tarot notebook, so I can come back to it if I need to :)

lotus_candy

My first reading made perfect sense, they described everything perfectly and I haven't done anything that I believe would change the future of the situation. So should I go with my first ones. Thank you love.actually. It's very frustrating

gregory

If your first reading made sense - as I said - go with it.

lotus_candy

Thank you very much gregory. It means a lot for everyone's time and advice

MariaPeea

Are you reasking because the readings were too good to believe? I've done that before. Still kinda do, LOL. You have to be careful, though, because sometimes a reading can look good, but there may be a twist in it. So, even if you get cards like the 2 of cups and 10 of cups, I would still try and clear your mind and read the spread as clearly as possible. And go with your gut. The more you read, the easier that will be. But, once you start trusting yourself, you will stop asking the same questions over and over.

lotus_candy

I re-ask because from what it told me everything was going to happen the way I dreamed it would and I'm so scared that I'll do something on accident that will change that. But my gut does tell me to trust those readings

MariaPeea

Ah...I see. Yes, go with your gut. Also, if you dont do this already, clear your mind and dont have any expectations of what you'll see when your shuffling. This has never happened to me (i dont think....) but it is possible that if you focus too much on what you want to see, the tarot will show you that -what you want to see. But, what you WANT to see may not be what will happen. So, just be aware of that. But if the readings make sense, then go with those. And don't worry about ruining everything, put the situation out of your mind and dont try to control it, and it will turn out like its supposed to :)