Court cards as outcomes –

Thirteen

CosmoKid said:
If this were the King of Pentacles, the case would depend much more on physical, solid evidence.
Funny, I didn't think about physical evidence. My thought was how much money each side was putting into the case. Maybe I'm just too cynical? :rolleyes:

Good call.

MeeWah

With King-Cups as the outcome to a legal situation, it sounds as if the result will favour a more humane expression. That being, instead of strictly according to the letter of the law, to instead lean towards the compassionate & merciful.

In addition, it may be that the man's peers see him as of a well-meaning intent instead of given to the opportunistic or criminal.

So possible the subject being read for receives a 'slap on the wrist'--such as a sentence for community service &/or to make some other form of restitution. Otherwise, would expect to see King-Swords or even Justice.

Ruby Red Slippers

MeeWah said:
In addition, it may be that the man's peers see him as of a well-meaning intent instead of given to the opportunistic or criminal.

So possible the subject being read for receives a 'slap on the wrist'--such as a sentence for community service &/or to make some other form of restitution. Otherwise, would expect to see King-Swords or even Justice.

Overall, then, this is a Judge that I would happily be judged by - even if I was at fault - for fairness to the intent, rather than the letter, of the law, as itself a mere poor reflection of Justice, seems to be at play.
JMD

Thank you for your insights, all of you - it has helped. In this case, the person is my brother, so I am to close to read objectively.

I did/do think the judge will be fair, but this is a politically charged case as well, so that is always the "wild card" in these situations.

My brother is the most giving person I know. He has given the phrase "helping people" new meaning. He has never turned anyone away, and has always offered help in the way of money, time, knowledge, talent and influence. Some he does quietly and others is more profile. I don't believe anyone really knows the extent of the goodness of this man's heart in all for his 62 years. As a kid he was always helping others and continued into his professional life. Now, one mistake is so blown out of proportion that it is a travesty of the politics to slander such a person. Needless to say, the “white collar crime" he is charged with was dismissed BUT a politically hungry assistant atty general is out for blood to make a name for herself, so she has continued with the process, and has made sure it is in the news.

He will return to court at the end of Feb to face a judge and see what the outcome is to be.
This has been quiet for 2 years, now it has hit the papers and ppl are pouring out of the woodwork with offers to help any way they can, testimony, video-tape testimony, money, support, letter-writing, etc. These are all ppl my brother has helped over the years, not to mention the countless hours he spends with AA groups and working with ppl society has dismissed. He never cared what your position was in life, if you needed his help - he helped you, if even only to listen. He has fed many, acted as taxi driver, whatever your needed.

So I thank you all for your responses. I pray the judge is kindly, and that he weighs all the good of a life-time against one minor mistake and my brother walks away. It has been very hard on him and especially my 84 year old mom to see a good reputation, your good name be put in a newspaper hopper. My brother has been ordered not to discuss the case until the Feb court date - so it hard to see the smut and to keep quiet.

Now you can see why I was a little confused on "who" this "King of Cups" might represent.....

In my heart I feel everything will work out....I'll post back and let you know the "outcome of the King of Cups".
RRS

Thirteen

Ruby Red Slippers said:
This has been quiet for 2 years, now it has hit the papers and ppl are pouring out of the woodwork with offers to help any way they can, testimony, video-tape testimony, money, support, letter-writing, etc. These are all ppl my brother has helped over the years, not to mention the countless hours he spends with AA groups and working with ppl society has dismissed.
And there's your King/Cups! The outcome is that your brother has become the "king of cups" supported by loyal subjects who are offering their heartfelt and unstinting support. Their love for him, I suspect, will be the turning point in this, the thing that tilts the scales.

Please do let us know what happens.

vision777

I am very happy someone ask the question concerning court cards being the outcome to a tarot reading. This is one of the best question I've read since I joined here. I still have problems with this, when i get a court card as a outcome card and my question has nothing to do with love, I just do another reading again because my mind wont see them as a solution or an answer to a question that has nothing to do woth love. i have found that the court cards are very difficult to read when they come out as a outcome card and sometimes when they come out in a daily one card reading. i think its because
they seem like a still like picture . just sitting there, or on a horse. I am working on trying to have an open mind when it comes to the court cards. i happen to like the king of cups and i find that good things usually happen when that card is around.

TarotMoon

Another way to look at the King of Cups in a legal setting is as a mediator - a profession he often represents. It could indicate a settlement rather than a trial judgment, which meets the emotional needs of the parties better than a court judgment.

Court cards can represent qualities or actions:

Pages - studying, messages, areas in which you are learning or beginning something new or feel inexperienced
Knights - taking action, carrying your message, planning, areas in which you play an active, assertive role
Queens - nurturing, mature, grounded, caring, and showing it in some way related to the suit, being creative or fertile
Kings - making decisions, bringing issues to closure, exerting power and influence, areas in which you are experienced

They can also represent institutions - (e.g., King of Pents = banks, power structure, insurance).

Or, qualities that may be brought into being within yourself as a result of the situation. For example, if the outcome is a Queen or King and the querant has generally been represented by lower ranks in the reading, it could show him or her gaining growth, maturity, insight, ability to make decisions, empathy, etc. from the situation - and that being the most important outcome.

Ruby Red Slippers

Thank you Tarot Moon for your post here.

It is very informative to me and, I am sure, helpful to others who continue to allow the Court Cards to stare back at them, and intimidate them from time to time! :)

I appreciate your insight and the ease in which you explained the courts here, again, thank you.

RRS

Mimers

This is a great thread! I too have had problems with this in the past. I would usually attribute them to a person becoming involved or resolving the issue. Sometimes I would interpret it as how the person was going to end up behaving as a result of the situation.

These ideas really open up some doors to interpreting readings with this type of outcome.

I really like Tarot Moon's ideas of how the different courts could be interpreted. Makes a lot of sense.

I am going to pop this in my journal.

Ruby Red Slippers

Ruby Red Slippers said:
Thank you for your insights, all of you - it has helped. In this case, the person is my brother, so I am to close to read objectively.

I did/do think the judge will be fair, but this is a politically charged case as well, so that is always the "wild card" in these situations.

My brother is the most giving person I know. He has given the phrase "helping people" new meaning. He has never turned anyone away, and has always offered help in the way of money, time, knowledge, talent and influence. Some he does quietly and others is more profile. I don't believe anyone really knows the extent of the goodness of this man's heart in all for his 62 years. As a kid he was always helping others and continued into his professional life. Now, one mistake is so blown out of proportion that it is a travesty of the politics to slander such a person. Needless to say, the “white collar crime" he is charged with was dismissed BUT a politically hungry assistant atty general is out for blood to make a name for herself, so she has continued with the process, and has made sure it is in the news.

He will return to court at the end of Feb to face a judge and see what the outcome is to be.
This has been quiet for 2 years, now it has hit the papers and ppl are pouring out of the woodwork with offers to help any way they can, testimony, video-tape testimony, money, support, letter-writing, etc. These are all ppl my brother has helped over the years, not to mention the countless hours he spends with AA groups and working with ppl society has dismissed. He never cared what your position was in life, if you needed his help - he helped you, if even only to listen. He has fed many, acted as taxi driver, whatever your needed.

So I thank you all for your responses. I pray the judge is kindly, and that he weighs all the good of a life-time against one minor mistake and my brother walks away. It has been very hard on him and especially my 84 year old mom to see a good reputation, your good name be put in a newspaper hopper. My brother has been ordered not to discuss the case until the Feb court date - so it hard to see the smut and to keep quiet.

Now you can see why I was a little confused on "who" this "King of Cups" might represent.....

In my heart I feel everything will work out....I'll post back and let you know the "outcome of the King of Cups".
RRS

Well here it is April 28, 2007 and my brother's case was finally heard yesterday.

I promised I would post back and let you know what happened - the "King of Cups" showed himself in the Judge & also my brother to some degree.
The room was filled with 100 people, more than 125 people had written letters of Support/Character references telling “their personal stories of my brother” which were presented to the Judge.
The trial by Judge, {my brother did not want a jury trail}, finally ended 2 years of emotional roll-coaster riding and my brother received probation and a fine, no jail time. My brother cried throughout the proceeding, but he is also plagued with psoriasis, depression, arthritis and a recovering alcoholic, a lot on ones plate. He has paid for this emotional crisis with real physical pain. The Judge appeared to emotionally weigh the situation and afford the best judgment in a fair but kindly way.

Politics is a vengeful opponent. As my sister said, murders do not go through the personal hell the political system played here. Beware of indiscretion of the white collar type or even those “perceived” to be……

I have trusted the cards in this case from the first day I laid them out. But....there is always that little nag when the situation is so close.

I thank and respect all of you who took the time to respond here...thank you so much!

2 weeks ago he had a preliminary hearing - I drew 1 card - the 3 of Cups. The result of that hearing was that we learned the political prosecutor would not appeal a probation sentence if one was given in the trial yesterday....so it was an emotional boost.

Yesterday - 1 card - the 4 of Swords - finally some rest from the Monkey Mind! As my nephew put it, "Dad now has the 900 pound gorilla off his chest"

This has aged my brother and he has changed but the cards continue to amaze me at their accuracy! Now - the Ace of Wands - a new start.

Thanks for ya'll and this wonderful board!

RRS

Heavensent

This is great news to hear RRS!!! Blessings to you and your family.