Dante Tarot – Extra Card?

Wintergreen

My copy of the Dante Tarot came with a 2 cards for the King of Flames, each with a different image. Has anyone else who has this deck gotten an extra card?

Are there other decks out there with alternate cards?

rwcarter

See how observant I am?!?!?!?!? I never noticed that there was an alternate take on the King Flames included in this deck! I'd typed up this whole post about it likely being a replacement for a misprinted card and decided to go look at mine before hitting submit. Good thing I did!

Silicon Dawn has 3 Fools and Tarot Medieval de Nina Montangero has two High Priestesses. I know there are others, but those two come immediately to mind.

tarotbear

The Cosmic Tribe Tarot has a set of heterosexual Lovers, plus a male couple and a female couple Lovers card.

Chiriku

The Thoth famously has 3 different versions of the Magus.

poopsie

Just out of curiosity, how does one use these cards? i need to go check my Dante tarot deck.

Alamaris

Oddly, my copy doesn't have an extra King of Flames! Unless I removed it ages ago and put it with my spare "info cards" as a bookmark. Anyone want to provide scans of the two Kings?

Emily

I never noticed an extra card in my Dante either. I know its been a while since I had this deck but the first thing I do with a new deck is a card count then lay them out in order and I don't remember seeing an extra card. I'll have to go and check it now :)

Rhinemaiden

The Victorian Romantic Russian edition has two emperor cards;

the Victorian Romantic (English) Gold edition has two lovers cards;

the Alchemical has two lovers cards.

Various lenormands (decks created by Melissa, Edmund and Robin) have alternate man/woman, dog/cat cards.

Parzival

Dante Tarot

The Thoth famously has 3 different versions of the Magus.

Yes, and I think they join into an intended three-fold picture of human communication as dark, light, and balanced, but this is not the place to explore the Thoth magi. My Dante Tarot does not have an extra King of Flames. Alas.

Le Fanu

Silicon Dawn has 3 Fools and...
three? I thought there were more. Five, I think. But then I lose track of what's what in this deck.

The Bosch has two Magicians but one's a misprint! I just thought nerdy collectors might want to know.