Dante Tarot – Extra Card?

tarotbear

Just out of curiosity, how does one use these cards?

I don't know if there is a protocol or if it varies by the deck's creator. In the Cosmic Tribe you chose one of the lovers depending on whom you are reading for: straights, lesbians, or gays. You leave the others out of the shuffle for that reading.

Egypt Urnash

three? I thought there were more. Five, I think. But then I lose track of what's what in this deck.

Three official fools, plus one bonus unofficial fool, and one extra Major that has strong visual similarities to the fools.

Manda

I have two cards labeled as King of Flames in my copy of the Dante Tarot but one contains the same image as the Knight of Flames. It looks to me like they misprinted and included both cards. Just for the sake of knowing, us nerdy collectors.

PathWalker

I had a mis-print in mine, can't remember which one it was but I was able to get a replacement by emailing LoS.

gregory

I have two cards labeled as King of Flames in my copy of the Dante Tarot but one contains the same image as the Knight of Flames. It looks to me like they misprinted and included both cards. Just for the sake of knowing, us nerdy collectors.

That was what they did with the deck where they printed the titles on Justice and Strength backwards, included the extras. Foe a few weeks people said hey wow we have been given a choice of numbering. Some people took ages to realise that Justice with a lion wasn't quite.... :D.

I shall have to go look now. *another nerdy collector*

rwcarter

I have two copies of the Dante. One has the "extra" King Flames, which I just confirmed is a mislabeled Knight Flames. The other doesn't have any "extra" cards in it, mislabeled or not. Before I just verified there was a second King Flames without seeing that it was a mislabeled Knight....