Darkest Devil

wandking

the devil is 15, which is 1+5=6 in numerology... if you compare the devil to the sixth trump in the RWS you'll see what Waite and Smith did with this reduction in the dark reflection that the 15th path casts back. See how the symbolism compares?

ArcanoMáximo

wandking said:
See how the symbolism compares?
May be yes, but which's your point? Can you explain it better, please wandking?
AM*

rcb30872

Hi everyone

Just thought that I would add my 2 cents in this, if you don't mind. I did have a bit of a read through the posts, although didn't read through ALL of them completely.

If you notice on the card, the loop in the chain around the necks of the man and the woman is actually big enough to take it off over there heads. So it is in terms of chained voluntarily so to speak. What is needed, is that for the querent to notice what is the reason for them to be kept in this self-imprisonment, which is where the torch comes in. And once they have noticed or acknowledged what is keeping in that self-imprisonment that they need to work at what is keeping them there, or in another way, to deal with this. By acknowledging and dealing with what is kept them in self-imprisonment they would be able to use the "energy" in a positive way to move forward.

So, in other words, when this card shows up then this would indicate that you are preventing your own move forward by the darker/shadow aspect of yourself. More than likely this is something that is a result of conditioning by other people that would affect that your self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth, making you full of doubt and fear, amongst many other things. So what this card is saying that you need to discover the reason for the negative emotions and self-talk, deal with it, so that these emotions and self-talk can be turned around to be positive instead.

I think this makes sense. (<---, classic example!!!!!!!!)

Bec

Draegyn

danubhe said:
"Lucifiel" is actually "Light-Bringer";
What say you-all? :)

I have heard that Lucifer is the Light Bringer and that he was actually "1st" of "G"ods (Christian reference) angels. Further that Lucifer promised to bring mankind back to God but without Free Will and wanted acknowledgement (credit) for this act.

Christ on the other hand volunteered to bring mankind back to God through self sacrafice, with respect to Free Will and that the glory was the Fathers. Has anyone else heard this reference or know where it comes from?