Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 196 : May 2 - May 8

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. AJ - Native American LoS/Taun
2. swedishfish612 - World Spirit and Messenger Oracle
3. RiverRunsDeep - Tarot of Trees and the Tarot Madru
4. VGimlet - Universal Wirth
5. BodhiSeed - Swietlistej Drogi & Mirrors of the Heart
6. Madrigal - Cats - but which one?

AJ

Hokey Smokes, already, how does the week go by so fast and it takes so long for a meal to come in a restaurant? space time continuum warpage?

I think I'll do Native American LoS/Taun
Thanks, have a great weekend everyone

swedishfish612

World Spirit for me this week! And still playing with the Messengers Oracle.

RiverRunsDeep

I'd like to work with my Tarot of Trees this week and supplement it with my Tarot Madru, another "tree" deck that is Majors only. I've never used any of my Majors only decks, so I'm hoping that using it as a supplement will help me figure out what its strengths and weaknesses are.

VGimlet

Heh, got distracted (ooh shiney) and forgot to add mine - Universal Wirth this week for me.

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Swietlistej Drogi paired Mirrors of the Heart.
Thanks VG. :)

Madrigal

Well, I've very much enjoyed my week with the Cats. They spoke very fluidly to each other in ways that I found quite resonant...were they talking to me or each other...or both? I'm intrigued enough to continue with this feline theme but I'm not sure whether I'll use my current combo or a marriage of Marseille Cats and White Cats. At any rate another week of felinity is in order. Meow!

RiverRunsDeep

Madrigal, you are making me quite jealous with all of those cat decks. :)

Initial impressions of my decks:

Tarot of Trees: This deck is so darned cute! It is pocket-sized, easy to handle and shuffle. The colors are vibrant, lots of greens and blues and purples. It is RWS based, so should be fairly easy to read in spite of having no images of people or animals (though I did spot a black cat sleeping on a limb of the Queen of Wands tree!)

Tarot Madru: Mixed feelings about this one. It is Majors only, mainly images of what I will call "tree people" from the waist up, draped and adorned with holly, berries, pinecones, and various leaves and greenery. I do enjoy the artwork, but I have doubts about the readability of this deck. We shall see!

BodhiSeed

There are decks that I forget how much I enjoy until I pull them out and use them again. The Swietlistej Drogi (Tarot of the Radiant Path), with its whites, yellows and golds on a black background is one such deck. Lovely, radiant and readable. :D And the Mirrors of the Heart is such an earthy complement to it.

swedishfish612

The World Spirit deck is pretty darned cool. I can't believe I've had it for 3 years and never used it. There's so much detail in the cards, and it'd be fun to dive into the symbols in these. It has a tribal feel to it that I really like.

I haven't started reading with them yet (busy weekend) but I'm going to do my deck interview today and start using them!