Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 209 : August 1 - August 7

Scarlet Woodland

Absolutely. I hope there's enough "meat" there to make it workable as an oracle. If there is, I'd be open to a study group!

That's just what I was thinking... would be the perfect deck for a study group. Am sure we'll all have different angles on the cards which could really broaden out the meanings when they're combined. Mine's kind of a taroracle... so some have their own oracley meanings but others are more "that's clearly the six of pentacles". Most of the major arcana appeared for me.

GoldenWolf

I want to spend a second week with the Night Sun Tarot. It's one of those decks with symbolism that I am not entirely familiar with so it's a bit of a challenge and a nice change from a RWS clone. It's also interesting timing for this deck to appear in my life recently given some other things going on right now. It's also a dark deck without being goth.

RiverRunsDeep

Druidcraft for me this week. Indeed, thank you VGimlet and Madrigal,
for initiating these threads each week. :)

BodhiSeed

Welcome back Chiriku, and thanks to our Threadmaster (or Threadmistress?) for the new week's thread. :)

I'm in this week with Vision Quest Tarot paired with the Bird Cards Oracle.

AJ

welcome back and welcome to our new participants!

delinfrey

So I just received my Osho Zen and started to work with it.
I looked through all the images yesterday, worked with some meanings, just to become familiarized.

What I did today was to divide the deck into the cards that I really loved, cards that were "okay", and the cards that... I didn't really like. I did that by hiding the keyword on the bottom, so I could just react to what I felt about the images, to try to connect to the language of the deck, to get a better learning foundation.

My plan for working with the deck this week is to -
do a deck interview;
discuss the images with my partner for some insight;
do the "Flying Bird" spread from the companion book;
do a reading for what I should focus on in my spiritual path.

Madrigal

Apologies for the late info re the daily draw thread. Yesterday was long, full and exhausting, in a great way, mind :D At any rate the new thread can be found here

Welcome back Chiriku, and thanks to our Threadmaster (or Threadmistress?) for the new week's thread. :)

I'm in this week with Vision Quest Tarot paired with the Bird Cards Oracle.

This is a pairing I've been considering as well :thumbsup: As usual caprice is having her way with me and deck commitments for the week have yet to be made ;)

madhatter00o

I'm going to work with my Japanese Myth Tarot again with week.

I've still yet to finish my translation and annotation of the LWB for it, but I'm making great headway. As I continue to move through the deck at its most fundamental level -- that of the actual myths upon which it is based -- I'll get an even deeper understanding of it, and I'm sure my readings will reflect that.

And I'm going to try to actually do DAILY draws... >_<;;

Madame Squee

I apologize, I've been doing so terribly with participation lately, but I want to try again this week.

Please sign me up with the Norse Tarot.

Thank you, VGimlet, and congrats on your new position!!! :party: