Deck(s) of the year 2015

HallowedNight

I'd probably vote for the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle by Light Grey Art Labs. It's such a beautiful deck, and it was produced really well. (In my experience, at least.) :)

Alta

There are so many great decks published nowadays that I think we'd need categories - Best Thoth-Based Deck, Best Fantasy Deck, Best Animal-Themed Deck, Best Fairy Deck, Best Historical Deck, Best TdM Facsimile, Best Original Art etc. I couldn't pick just one overall best deck, the field is so wide.
I didn't put rules on the thread, feel free to give one or more for each category.

katey

1. Liminal
2. Fountain
3. Hardy

:thumbsup:

Cocobird55

impressionist

MoonGypsy

At the request of the lovely Alta, these are the decks I have that say 2015 on them. I am not QUITE as obsessive (see under "pension"!) as I used to be, so there will be more in the collections of others :) But it's some kind of start.

Barbieri Tarot
Beautiful Creatures Tarot
Black Lilly Tarot
Byzantine Tarot
Construction Paper Tarot
Cook's Tarot
Cultural Revolution Tarot
Decadent Dream Tarot
Eternal Tarot
Fairy Tarot Cards
Fanuna's Tarot
Fifth Aeclectic Tarot Deck
Fountain Tarot
Ghetto Tarot
Greenwitch Tarot
Happy Tarot
Hardy Tarot
Impressionist Tarot
Impressionist Tarot (kit)
Invisible Light Tarot
Justice League Tarot
King's Journey Tarot - Christmas edition
Le Tarot de Marseille Par Pole Ka
LeGrande Circus and Sideshow Tarot
Liminal Tarot
Linestrider Tarot (founders edition)
Magical Realism Tarot
Metabarons Tarot
Mutation Tarot
Mutation Tarot (narrow)
Mutational Alchemy Tarot
Nameless Tarot
Nameless Tarot (linen finish)
Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot (mini)
Ostara Tarot
Pippa Tarot
Prisma Visions Tarot
Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot (in tin)
Raven's Prophecy Tarot
Ring Cycle Tarot
Ritual Abuse Tarot
Roches Tarot
Romantic Tarot
Sacred Bridges Tarot
Smith-Waite Tarot deck - Centennial Edition in a tin
Spirit Hill Tarot (studio edition)
Student Tarot
Tabula Mundi black and white - Nox et Lux edition
Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso
Tarot Art Nouveau - Premium edition
Tarot de Marseille
Tarot Everywhere
Tarot for Everyone
Tarot Gothica
Tarot Nautical
Tarot of Innocence (black and white)
Tarot of Innocence (colour)
Tarot of Marcel Ruijters
Tarot of the Zirkus Magi - Distressed edition
Tarot Pink
Thelema Tarot
Universal Tarot Premium Edition
Urban Tarot
Wise Fool Tarot

i don't have the majority on this list, but my vote goes for Rachel Paul's Sacred
Bridges.

Astraea

I didn't put rules on the thread, feel free to give one or more for each category.
That's the thing, there are so many decks that I couldn't begin to compare, even narrowing it down to categories. Except for the TdM group - Yves' Heri and Burdel (TdM) get my vote there.

gregory

WELL - for TdM - Pole Ka - no contest.

In general - that's a bit tougher. Ritual Abuse, Urban, Mutation, Impressionist... all rate high.

Le Fanu

Tarot of Delphi

That's probably because I even BOUGHT it in 2014 !
Ah, OK. So I get to choose another one. There seemed to be so many great decks last year but I look at your list and none of them are ones I loved unreservedly. I that list pretty complete? I spent all of last year reiterating "this has been a bumper year for tarot etc etc"... and now find I can't think of any.

gregory

Ah, OK. So I get to choose another one. There seemed to be so many great decks last year but I look at your list and none of them are ones I loved unreservedly. I that list pretty complete? I spent all of last year reiterating "this has been a bumper year for tarot etc etc"... and now find I can't think of any.
As I said - I can't buy everything, and this list came from my own database. Any I don't own aren't there....

But SURELY you love Pole Ka ?

Scarlet Woodland

I'd probably vote for the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle by Light Grey Art Labs. It's such a beautiful deck, and it was produced really well. (In my experience, at least.) :)

YES! Thankyou for reminding me... absolutely the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle. I fell head over heels with this one :)