decks ruined by AT members...

cirom

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, the Bush/Fool look alike was coincidential and certainly never intended as a political statement. Initially I was annoyed by all the refernces to that, because I feared that by putting the idea in peoples mind, there would be that "Oh yes I see it now" even if people had'nt made any such connection on their own. And that for some it would detract from the cards function in a reading. Which apparently it has done for many and thats unfortunate. Having said that, the irony of course is that others have found it to be "appropriate" and despit my denials, I have received numerous e-mails congratulating me on how clever I was. Go figure.

Nevertheless, the Gilded has been reprinted I think at least 8 times. Opportunities to make modifications?? I decided not to address the similarity. Read into that what you will :)

Jewel

cirom said:
Nevertheless, the Gilded has been reprinted I think at least 8 times. Opportunities to make modifications?? I decided not to address the similarity. Read into that what you will :)
AHA! so it grew on you too! *LOL*

Karen (baba), why did you have to tell me that kitties are cross-dressers. Now my poor Henry will never pose for a picture due to fear that he might end up dressed like a girl cat! ~giggles~ ... that is quite fitting for the moon card though *LOL*.

Faunabay, I sincerely doubt there is anything that could ruin the BBC or any other baba deck for you or me :D

The only deck that was ever ruined for me, was the Bosch, and it was the card not AT comments that got to me. From the first time I saw the 10 of Pentacles (I believe that was the one) I thought the creature was pooping pentacles and that was it for me. I had to trade the deck, that card was just too much for me (and I am not one to get put off by a card or two).

Rovay

I haven't had a deck ruined for me by a member yet. I have no doubt that at least one of those I use will be ruined if I keep reading the topic, though :p But honestly, I am not sure what anyone can say either for Dark Angels or Sensual Wicca which I haven't noticed yet that may disturb me for some reason.

Come on, I dare you, ruin them!

Grizabella

We also have some movie stars in the Ian Daniels Vampyre deck. Tom Cruise is in the role of the Emperor and Johnny Depp plays the Six of Knives. :p

I don't have the deck close to hand at the moment to refresh my memory which roles they're cast in, but Elizabeth Taylor played a part in the Gilded (she may be the Queen of Wands, but I'm not sure) and one other who was just in my mind a split second ago and has now flitted right on out to make me look stupid. but if I think of it again, I'll come back and tell you who it was.

My favorite of all the cards that we're mentioning is George Bush as the Fool in the Gilded. I love that one! So apt!

Eyebright

What springs to mind for me is the 3 of cups from the Wheel of the Year by LoS.

It looks like the fairies are about to bludgeon the baby bird with their chalices! They really do look a bit evil LOL

HuskyChariot

The Steampunk... the whole deck :rolleyes: It was flamed on the de-enabling thread for its lack of opulance and Victorian richness, among other things...

To be fair, it was already a 'sitter' as I found some of the cards, especially the courts, confusing and almost disturbing... however, since I read those scathing comments, I haven't picked it up... not sure I ever will now ah cest la vie

SloughSister

And here I thought the thread was going to be about instances as I had last week - brand new Javanne deck on the kitchen table, innocent little pear sitting a bit away from it, up and goes and ferments and spills out gross juice that gets on 3 of the cards I had pulled for a reading - just 7 days after I got them from Denmark! As testament to the cards, they were a bit damp but fine after a small wash-off and drying.

Le Fanu

Wildwood

simphex said:
The Steampunk... the whole deck :rolleyes: It was flamed on the de-enabling thread for its lack of opulance and Victorian richness, among other things...
<proudly> I think that was me!

And just to keep this thread up to date. Has anyone else noticed how, in The Wildwood, the Cerna Abbas Giant in the 5 of Bows (etched into the chalk hill in Wiltshire) has a penis that looks remarkably like the Eiffel Tower? It has exactly the same contours...

The original isn't quite like that.

Eyebright

Le Fanu said:
<proudly> I think that was me!

And just to keep this thread up to date. Has anyone else noticed how, in The Wildwood, the Cerna Abbas Giant in the 5 of Bows (etched into the chalk hill in Wiltshire) has a penis that looks remarkably like the Eiffel Tower? It has exactly the same contours...

The original isn't quite like that.
Mine still hasn't turned up yet, but you can be sure that will be the first card I check out when it does show up! :bugeyed:

Using riding crops as a suit designator in the steampunk totally put me off this deck, as did the cards that were stuck together when my deck arrived lol