DECKS you've had so far....that rocked your world

Celtictarot

Celtictarot I have got to thank you for bringing Mystic Faerie Tarot to my attention :thumbsup: I had not heard of it before

Saw it :heart: loved it :heart: bought it :heart:
Sorry for enabling *blushes* You will love ity as much as I do.

Le Fanu

I am reading all the posts and see yours and think surely, with all the decks Le F has come across over the years, there would be several that rocked his world. And two?

I know you said some are currently rocking your world, but too soon to tell if that will continue, but I was expecting a longer list from you, my friend:).
I think, ultimately, very few actually rock our world.

Maybe I'm interpreting too literally. I was thinking of decks that really allowed me to rethink tarot or rethink how I read - so in that case it wouldn't be the RWS or the Thoth as those are too "foundation stone" for me. They are tarot. I was thinking more of decks that gave me a mental reorientation rather than just liked. Very few decks do this. I thought of others but there was nothing quite so radical. The Victorian Romantic was the first deck where Court Cards made sense to me. At last I could really read the courts. And also the Minors are more readable to me than the RWS. It just all finally made sense.

Amanda

RWS of course, but that is a slow, steady rocking of my world. :D

Tarot of the Sweet Twilight and the Deviant Moon definitely helped shape my ability to turn things up a notch and left a lasting impression on me. I sold the Sweet Twilight when times were tougher, but have been thinking of it recently and having it again...

Nemia

Only the Thoth has really rocked my world. Wonderful as many of my later decks are - the Thoth was the glorious appearance of tarot into my world. And I'm still excited about it, it feels new, and for me, it's the gold standard for decks.

Thoughtful

l mentioned Roots of Asia earlier and see you were looking for a more WOW! factor. Well l have a quiet wow! factor with this tarot. It is the deck that offers me an incredible feeling of connection. It does not matter what l ask this tarot or who l read for, this deck calmly and peacefully slams me with so much accuracy l can't explain. It has opened me up to being able to read easily and lovingly. l know what it is telling me, when hard truths need to be told it does so. It teaches me more and more as l continue to use it. It isn't just a tarot deck for me it comes alive with meaning whenever l use it. Never had this with any other deck to this degree, though other decks have been and are good to use.
So l suppose its has rocked my world in a gentle heart opening way rather than a huge wham on the head :joke:

greatdane

Thoughtful

It's whatever YOU think of as WOW :))). Sometimes Wows are quiet, sometimes they thump us in the head, but it's that moment of....WOW...that matters.

Thoughtful

Yes indeed GD l find myself mentally saying wow each time l read with it :)

greatdane

:)) Thoughtful

Than obviously THAT is your WOW deck! It's lovely to read about people's experiences with various decks.

Marie-Bernard

I like that you mentioned Anna K., I loved, loved, loved that deck, but there were some cards that would throw me out of a reading so badly, I couldn't see keeping it when I had to scale down. Def. one I miss, though.

Mary-El: Mind blowing, would even have gone for the more Marseille inspired system of the deck if it hadn't been for the Archangels on every 6 card. One, I could have dealt with, not every one. Still, for the right person, a beautiful and inspired deck.

Journey Into Egypt: GORGEOUS! A deck I mourn a little just because it's so lovely and the artwork so fantastic, But...a deck that's gonna take some commitment to understand.

Gorgon: Gotta write it like that, cause it seems so simple on the surface. If you can handle it (literally, 'cause it's huge) go for it.

Those are my recs I've had to part with due to space issues.

Ones I couldn't part with:

Tarot Nova: compact, cute, and deceptively compact and cute. The look of it is great and it's almost Tarot at it's most ESSENTIAL. If you every have to travel with a deck, this is the one I'd recommend. If you're a RW aficionado, but willing to branch out, you'll love it for the new perspective.

Sun and Moon: I can't stop loving for it's minimalism. End.

Morgan Greer: Took me forever to decide on it, but, as it turns out, a beautiful deck, and very straight forward. Has a place in my heart because it's the first deck that was really easy for me, but also simpatico with the RW.

Gaian: Love it or hate it. For me - so authentic I can't even go on about it enough. Blew my mind just because it is what it is, but also because it was so FUNDAMENTAL for me. Very human deck. Surprise for me was the Pacific NW vibe that's all over it and I still love it. I'm from the deep south and love things that recognize southern culture, I'd never have thought that would be such an influential deck for me.

Also, I think the PCS, RW, or Universal Waite and the Thoth - in whatever versions - should get a mention here. They're decks that will change the game, no matter what you've seen before.

velvetina

In chronological order, as I used them...

First, the Rider-Waite; my first ever deck and love at first sight

then a glimpse of the Aquarian in a book & its magical arrival, unsolicited in the post.

then The Thoth - quite terrifyingly magnificent -

next the Sacred Rose, coinciding with my reading Mary Greer & Barbara Walker...at this point most of my female friends were reading the Motherpeace deck and dissing Crowley, which I couldn't join in with. The Sacred Rose will always make me remember the point when I started to develop my own style.

The Madonni, when I began reading in a more professional place than people's kitchens or festival tents. My knowledge of the cards compensating for the lack of imagery & allowing me to be far more intuitive. That was hugely confidence-building!

Since then I've not really felt a deck has shifted me as much as those. I love others that have come along into my life; the Mary-El, the Greenwood for example have expanded my interpretations, and I'm currently hanging out with the Navigators.

The last deck I really fell in love with was Le Tarot Noir, but more aesthetically than changing my perception.

I'm wondering if another will come along to do that?