Druid Plant Oracle

Myrrha

inanna_tarot said:
And Myrrha - mistletoe is fairly common where I live. Its often on apples or lime trees and I havent seen it on an oak though I've been told of places where it does grow on Oak.
Not far from me every winter there is a mistletoe festival where a few druids in the very early morning bless all the mistletoe that has been harvested for the yuletide season before it is auctioned off and sent across the country.

Thanks! I was really curious about that. And it is intersting to know that even the mistletoe in the florists at the UK is (or might be) actually blessed by druids.

Mi-Shell

In the USA mistletoe for example grows like crazzzzzzy in the trees at the Spider Rock overlook in Canon de Chelly National monument!! ??!!

Myrrha

I didn't know we had it here in the US Mi-Shell. Wow. Canon de Chelly is Arizona which is a competely different climate than England so I am surprised.

It is interesting to me how we do have a lot of the same plants and animals as England, especially here in New England, which makes sense as we have a similar cycle of four seasons. Here we have some lovely things that I don't think they have in England like Sumac trees and Cardinals.

Asher

Imagine my surprise...

upon walking into the used bookstore where my Tarot Circle meets, and finding the DPO (sealed) sititng behind the counter, at half the retail price. I slowly took it to the counter, and found out I had enough store credit to get it for free! (No cash outlay on my part)

It is just gorgeous! I could not stop oohing and aahing over the illustrations. And, after Tarot Circle was over, I ran to Border's (with my coupon) and picked up the Druid Animal Oracle! I love how both decks can be combined into one, even though the backs are different colors.

The DPO will require some serious study for me, since I have never heard of many of the plants included. But that's ok, I'll kick back with the book and enjoy myself. Then I'll work through the DAO and book. A great journey!

Asher

BodhiSeed

Will Worthington has never disappointed me! :D Can't wait to see what else he comes up with!

morticia monroe

I saw this one last night at the Barnes and Noble in Lafayette. I had seen it there a few weeeks before and there it still was....

I picked it up

I put it down

I picked it up and walked around the store with it

I thought about all my other oracles that are waiting to be studied (Victorian Flower, Greenman Tree, Wolfsong, Tree Magick). I really love decks based on plants and nature.

I walked back to the tarot section and put it back.

I'll bet it's still there, waiting for me.

I want it.

avalonian

morticia monroe said:
I saw this one last night at the Barnes and Noble in Lafayette. I had seen it there a few weeeks before and there it still was....

I picked it up

I put it down

I picked it up and walked around the store with it

I thought about all my other oracles that are waiting to be studied (Victorian Flower, Greenman Tree, Wolfsong, Tree Magick). I really love decks based on plants and nature.

I walked back to the tarot section and put it back.

I'll bet it's still there, waiting for me.

I want it.

I think I'd go back, and if it was still there I would get it.

It's lovely. And it's all lonely. Sitting there. Feeling rejected and unloved. When it could be with all those other lovely oracle decks keeping it company.

})

Have just double checked to make sure I'm not in the de-enabling thread.

:)

inanna_tarot

I love my DPO - it seems to speak volumes yet never uses words. It makes me *feel* more when it comes to readings.

You should go back and get it, and stroke it lovingly in its box till you get home and can drool over the pics :D

and then you can post about your thinking and experiences of the cards in the study group :party:

morticia monroe

I caved,,,

It's only $14.99 at overstock, so I bought it. I feel no regret. In fact, I'm very anxious!

BodhiSeed

You're going to love it MM! :D