Druid Plant Oracle

Cat*

I trimmed my DPO a few days ago, and it's even prettier now. :D

I still haven't read with it much so far, but I recently included a plant "helper" in my Autumnal Equinox/Mabon reading with the DruidCraft. The two decks go well together.

I've also read some of the book, but don't really want to spend much time with the book before I have looked long and hard at the cards themselves. Still, I much like how the book combines historical/botanical information with divinatory meanings and plant lore.

morticia monroe

bodhran said:
You're going to love it MM! :D
I hope so, and I really think I will.

I'm super excited about this one!

Cat*

Woohoo! I finally worked out what the border of the Druid Plant Oracle says! :D

It's the same border as in the Druid Animal Oracle, which is supposed to convey a message in the ogham tree alphabet. After some trial and error with different versions of online ogham alphabets, I arrived at the following.

The plants read clockwise, starting from the bottom left. In order of appearance they are (check for yourself here):

rowan, yew, willow, holly, aspen, ash / holly, gorse / gorse, heather, elder / willow, gorse, ash, ivy / rowan, yew, willow, holly, aspen, ash / holly, gorse / gorse, heather, elder / hazel, silver fir, rowan, rowan / silver fir, rowan, rowan / yew, willow / gorse, ash, aspen

which translates to

LISTEN TO OUR SONG, LISTEN TO OUR CALL, ALL IS ONE.

(Now please tell me that this hasn't been discussed here before and a simple forum search would have been enough... ;))

OctoberGwen

Cat* said:

LISTEN TO OUR SONG, LISTEN TO OUR CALL, ALL IS ONE.

Cat*, that is brilliant! Thank you!!!

Reviving this because I just received this deck and I absolutely LOVE it. I have no idea why it took me so long to get it. It's just stunning. I can't wait to work with it, and using it with the Druidcraft is going to be really fun.

Knowing the secret message around the edges is fabulous, and now if do trim the cards I will definitely leave that border on.

autumn star

I got this deck a few weeks ago and I love it! It is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The artwork is stunning. My only small complaint is that the cards are very big and hard for me to shuffle, other than that it's close to prefect.

I also thought that I would add that now is a good time to order it on amazon.com as it is around $7 dollars for the set.

Douglas Rhys

Cat* said:

Thanks a bunch for that! Never caught on to it. Really insightful.
I have had this deck for a month now, and I find it much easier to use then the Druid Animal Oracle deck, as others have said. But just curious, is the DPO border similar to the border of the DAO deck? Does it translate the same?

strings of life

Hi everyone,

I figured that I would let you all that I am doing a giveaway for this deck over in Oracle Games! If you are interested in trying to win it, come over here!

GryffinSong

I just received this today and I LOVE it!!!

I do NOT know European plant lore, and I've decided that, for awhile at least, I'm not going to read the book. In looking at the cards each of them seems to have a story to tell. I'd like to let those stories reveal themselves before I gain too much "knowledge" about the subjects. :)

I've now put the animal oracle on my wish list.

Carla

GryffinSong said:
I just received this today and I LOVE it!!!

I do NOT know European plant lore, and I've decided that, for awhile at least, I'm not going to read the book. In looking at the cards each of them seems to have a story to tell. I'd like to let those stories reveal themselves before I gain too much "knowledge" about the subjects. :)

I've now put the animal oracle on my wish list.

I did the opposite--I've written on my oracle cards, incorporating phrases along the edges of the plants, in the design of the cards. I like the way it looks and it help me a lot. I use the Animal Oracle intuitively, though. It seems easier to me! Glad you love it. :)

GryffinSong

Carla said:
I did the opposite--I've written on my oracle cards, incorporating phrases along the edges of the plants, in the design of the cards. I like the way it looks and it help me a lot. I use the Animal Oracle intuitively, though. It seems easier to me! Glad you love it. :)

That sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing a scan or two of what you've done to label them?

I'm thinking of trimming off at least the white border, and perhaps the inner border too. I know it says something in ogham or whatever, but I find it distracting.