Feedback on Your Readings

gregory

Sulis said:
Earlier in this thread it's been said that a 'thank you' is adequate feedback and I feel that I have to say that in the Your Readings forum a 'thank you' is NEVER adequate feedback.
THANK YOU for that ! I shall bookmark that post for future use })

Chiska

Sulis said:
Earlier in this thread it's been said that a 'thank you' is adequate feedback and I feel that I have to say that in the Your Readings forum a 'thank you' is NEVER adequate feedback.

Definitely! I wasn't thinking of the Your Readings forum. I guess I took the original post to be about feedback in general and not in respect to the "Your Readings" forum.

gregory

Is there any "Readings" area here where such minimal feedback would be OK - assuming feedback is part of the deal (as in reading exchange when people offer readings for feedback... ?)

214red

I think 'your readings' is often used as a place to get free readings without doing the hard work, there are some expections of course, but many do lazy interpretations and expect others to do the hard work.
I think many give up on that part of the forum as it seems to have lost focus as a learning forum, rather then a free reading place.

Inthetree

*headdesk*

This thread managed to remind me that I'd never given feedback for a couple of December circles. Terrible!

Thanks for reminding me to get that done :)

Herzog

I am relentless in reminding those who do not to leave feedback. It's just plain rude. Which reminds me, there's someone out there who still hasn't left feedback on her reading from three weeks ago

Sulis

214red said:
I think 'your readings' is often used as a place to get free readings without doing the hard work, there are some expections of course, but many do lazy interpretations and expect others to do the hard work.
I think many give up on that part of the forum as it seems to have lost focus as a learning forum, rather then a free reading place.

I actually think that this is a bit harsh. We work very hard to make sure that everyone who posts in there has a go at interpreting the cards (you have to remember that a lot of those who post there are very new to reading tarot) and we really do try to keep on top of those whose feedback isn't good enough although I do acknowledge that some do slip through but I really don't think that people are getting 'free readings' in Your Readings.

Cassandra022

My philosophy with reading for feedback is pretty much my philosophy on lending things...I won't unless I'm ok with the fact that I might not get the feedback I'm expecting back...

I don't really feel comfortable harassing people beyond a polite reminder that there reading has been posted so its more...if you don't give me feedback fine, we're cool, ill just be highly disinclined from reading for you in the future. Like with the lending. I wont cause drama if I dont get something back. If it really meant a lot, I wouldn't have let you borrow it. We'll be fine, I'll just never lend you anything again :0

It is rather inconsiderate, though. Even if you're busy...if you know thats the case, dont ask for a reading where feedback is required. And if something comes up...well, late feedback, with an explanation, is much better than never...

Herzog

The worst is when you see them asking others for readings when they still owe it to you... That's the worst.

shadowdancer

If criteria for receiving a reading is that feedback is required then that should be given. In effect you are agreeing to terms and conditions. No excuse for not doing so.

I used to read on a spiritual forum and left because I was sick of not even getting an acknowledgement / thank you let alone feedback. I was criticised by some other readers for voicing my displeasure - they saw we offered a service and if it is done with spiritual intent it should not be with a proviso of getting something in return. You can imagine my thoughts on that :) And as for some of the reasons/excuses given when they eventually answered my reminders ...well.

My offers of readings here are not often taken up but I have had one person not give feedback only. (they never got back to me, the reading being done a long time ago now). Should they request in the future they may find I decline. On the whole though, members do respect my criteria and there have been some well received readings. I enjoy doing them, and hope the recipient is able to take something from them. I don't expect war and peace as feedback, as some may feel pressure otherwise tototally dissect my ramblings and comment on every single line/sentence. no need honest, but it is always appreciated if it is left as feedback.

What gets my goat more is when I am asked for a reading when it is clear they are trying to pull a flanker and go against my criteria - knowing full well I will check and refuse.

Rant over :D

Davina