Feedback on Your Readings

Glass Owl

prudence said:
ETA...not sure if this is too OT, but I have been wondering for a while now, in regards to Your Readings, is there a policy on truthfulness? Like what seems to happen quite often is that a poster will submit a reading for help, stating that it was for a friend, but it is quite obviously for the OP, and it is so obvious because the OP had just done a reading for him/herself maybe a day or so ago, on that very same subject, but did not present it as "for a friend", yet we are all expected to pretend that it is for some anonymous friend, and comment on it, or what have you...I find it not only frustrating but insulting as well. I can understand being embarrassed to admit certain things, or to say that this is yet again another reading on the very same subject that I read about 10 times in the past week, but damn, when it is done all of the time and in such blatant ways, it really pisses me off.
I've actually stopped myself from posting several readings about others in the Your Readings section because of the fear that some here would assume that I was lying and talking about myself. Many of my acquaintances/friends are the same age as me and we're going through similar problems and situations. And I guess it doesn't help that when you do a reading for one person they talk about it with their close friends and then they ask you for a reading on a topic like it.

NamasteIndia

I have always felt safe reading on AT.
Only sometimes its irritating that i offer Free Readings and there is no feedback though i specifically have asked for feedback...its annoying but thats the way it is.

I offer free reading through my blog on facebook etc. Its been a week i have not heard from the person who deserves to give me a feedback. So it really pisses off to give readings on facebook etc.

About paid readings i really dont care about feedback since i get my money in advance so hell with feedback.

gregory

NamasteIndia said:
I have always felt safe reading on AT.
Only sometimes its irritating that i offer Free Readings and there is no feedback though i specifically have asked for feedback...its annoying but thats the way it is.
That should be reported, as the rules REQUIRE feedback if it is asked for.

prudence

Alta said:
Yes, we know. :( But, first, while in most ways blindingly clear, in other ways unprovable. What would you have us do? Post, "Hey, knock it off, that reading is really for you?", effectively calling them liars? Not exactly good for poster morale. Well, honestly, I did that once. In fact I think that I have made every moderating mistake possible more than once. I did it by PM. The member left the board in a tearful flood of recriminations and hurt feeling which made me feel like a monster.
No, I wouldn't want you (the mods) to do anything really, I mostly just wanted to have a public moan and maybe some commiserating about it though. I've got to say that it makes giving any feedback to the person pretty tough, since we cannot mention the things we already know about the situation, because we are pretending it is not for the OP, that it is unrelated to all of the other readings that the OP has made, so I guess its their loss in the end.

Glass Owl, don't worry, when it is a fake for a friend reading, it comes across fairly loud and clear, there is a ring of authenticity to the ones that are legitimately "for a friend". :) And the people who do the fake ones consistently do not even seem to try to hide that it is fake, or else they forgot completely about the reading(s) they just did the day before.

gregory

Couldn't one sort of say "This sounds like your x readings about your troubles with y, in which case I'd have to say that I'd give your friend the same advice I gave you about your own situation...." })

starrystarrynight

gregory said:
Couldn't one sort of say "This sounds like your x readings about your troubles with y, in which case I'd have to say that I'd give your friend the same advice I gave you about your own situation...."
That sounds good, gregory...logical and non-confrontational. And, when you really stop to think about it, it should be explained--often, if necessary--that these "for a friend" readings are actually subsequent readings on the same topic and cannot really be held as telling or illuminating to the seeker after the first on the topic has been done.

As a matter of fact, I have told that to certain OPs in the past; alas, within days (sometimes hours), new posts with new readings for new "friends" have shown up.

<sigh>

gregory

When I have the screaming abdabs about these I do try to be non-confrontational. :angel:

It has to be said that I often fail... :(

goddessof1967

prudence said:
No, I wouldn't want you (the mods) to do anything really, I mostly just wanted to have a public moan and maybe some commiserating about it though. I've got to say that it makes giving any feedback to the person pretty tough, since we cannot mention the things we already know about the situation, because we are pretending it is not for the OP, that it is unrelated to all of the other readings that the OP has made, so I guess its their loss in the end.

Glass Owl, don't worry, when it is a fake for a friend reading, it comes across fairly loud and clear, there is a ring of authenticity to the ones that are legitimately "for a friend". :) And the people who do the fake ones consistently do not even seem to try to hide that it is fake, or else they forgot completely about the reading(s) they just did the day before.
Commiserations given! It annoys me too but in the end also makes me laugh - maybe it's the laugh of the mad and crazy but sometimes you gotta do that so you don't overheat.

About staying out of the naughty non-fb'er's thread - sometimes the reading is screaming out to me such a logical meaning. It just hits me in the face and while this is a learning forum yes, I for one also post the occasional reading to receive enlightenment on a subject (whether I like it or not :laugh: ) as it might just hit someone else in the face that the answer is so obvious in the cards drawn. In that instance it's really hard to stay out - yes, yes, practice self discipline :)

mza

Yes i agree with you all. Am no expert on readings i'll admit but i get a little peeved when i write something for someone and there's no response. Ever. Why do people do that? It would be really great if we all helped each other then some people wouldn't stay away from your readings forum. The more people participate and more helpful feedback there is then we can each learn much easier. I too sometimes feel discouraged to participate, but i try to stayway from people whom i see never responding much to others.
Anyway i dont want to get emotional