Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

SilverWing

I'm always happy when I check this thread and see new cards to look at. I can't wait to be able to buy the deck!!! I love each one I've seen. I hate to think that one of The Wheel of Furtune cards would not be in the deck. I have always loved carousel, but take two speaks to me.

M-Press

Fabulus Chronata!
I love them both, although I'm more "attracted" to the one with the wheel... It has more archetypal energy I think, becasue you see the whole of it-as a circle....
I'm sure though that a deck can have two of those!!!!
Keep going!
;)

Pook

OMG!!! This deck is amazing!! I sort of feel piveledged to be able to see this deck as its created and not have to wait until I buy it from TarotGarden to see all the cards.

I am having a hard time picking a favorite. Maybe the Devil...or the Moon...but I like The Wheel of Fortune too (carousel edition, though you should definitely keep both)

And thanks for your rendition of the Tower....I needed a little humor with this card right now!!

**going to subscribe to this thread right now**

Chronata

I know I know...it's been a while!

I really want to show you a new card, but I still have none of the last ones finished!
However...I have just blocked color for the Fool, and sketched the Judgement card, so I hope to have them finished very soon(in the next two weeks, keeping my fingers crossed!)

Then it's just trying to figure out what I should do with the Hanged Man and the Chariot...as these two images have been eluding me thus far!

And of course...I am saving the World for last...

In the meantime,

I was searching for something completely different and happened to find a box...

Within the box were a few small index cards wrapped carefully in velveteen.

I was very surprised to see them, because I didn't remember exactly where they disappeared to.

These happen to be the first tarot cards that I seriously created...oh, back about 12 years ago.

I managed to do about 25 of the Minor Arcana (I had never really started the Majors at that point)

And because I was disatisfied, unhappy and frustrated(mostly with other things going on in my life)...I destroyed the majority of them.

Three cards survived.

So, I thought I would share one of them with you...
This is the two of Light(two of wands)
done on an index card in color pencil.

I still really love this card...although the Midnight Masquerade's two of Light will probably be slightly different...
I do want to keep most of the original ideas I had for the Minors from this early deck...

A day doesn't go by where I don't get that awful little feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about how I destroyed all those cards!

Attachments

• old2light.jpg
    old2light.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 226

Majecot

Chronata.. aren't old treasures wonderful??? Some of my creations have suffered a similar fate, not destroyed be me but by the Ex an evil and vendictive person.

Thankfully my wonder had mother saved some of my art from my earlier years and I have have those pieces now.

To do 25 cards and only have three left ((Chronata)). You should frame the three that you have left.

I will be interested in seeing how this card will differ from MM's two of light.
I really like the concept of this card

(and I did see that you have been a bit busy elsewhere... so I was being patient :D)

M-Press

Chronata!!!
What a treasure, indeed!!!
I don't dare ask how old you were then!!
I think Majescot is down right, you should frame them, or at least put them somewhere safe...it will be very interesting, when you'll be famous, to have a little exhibition of how you started, and the way tarot has spoken to you so early... The creative process is amazing...

Yes, it is a pity that you destroyed so many of them, but well, think of Death, and maybe this is why you proceeded into more "fancy doings"!!!! ;)

yaraluna

i want tosee!!

i want to see them alll!!!!!! the three you have i mean!!!

plezzzzzz!
yaraluna

rabble

Chronata, so many of your cards are quite gorgeous! I would love to see a website (or page) with all of them on together!

ferrous

Hehehe. So Rabble has found this thread. I've been working my way through from the beginning for the last couple of days & finally reached the end to see that she got there just before I did.

Chronata, I've been to your website before & not fully appreciated your work there, as it's not really my style, but now that I've seen your deck in progress, I'm really impressed!

It's absolutely lovely!

rabble

I had actually been here before, ferrous.... when I was too shy to talk ;)

But I think it was only last week I went through the whole lot to find all of the photos :)

Today I showed my daughter some of them, and added to the thread, since I got over my initial horror of how many people there are here!