FNAC beware? FYI

Sophie

FNAC is like Borders - they are unlikely to diddle you. But it's still odd that this merchant agreement exists with paypal, and that they would set it up with ordinary customers (as opposed to business customers) who pay by paypal.

SolSionnach

Fudugazi said:
FNAC is like Borders - they are unlikely to diddle you. But it's still odd that this merchant agreement exists with paypal, and that they would set it up with ordinary customers (as opposed to business customers) who pay by paypal.

I suppose I clicked some sort of checkbox by accident - after all, I was using babelfish to complete the transaction. :D I assume that it's my bad, but I would be interested if Wolfspirit finds one when s/he gets home

I'm still wondering if there's someone with decent French who could help me send an email to them in French. Paypal keeps telling me that I need to have them cancel the authorization, except for the person on the phone last night who told me that it would automatically "expire" in 30 days if fnac didn't do anything about it.

Skimo

I think that my french can be qualified as decent, because... I'm french...

If I can help.

SolSionnach

Skimo said:
I think that my french can be qualified as decent, because... I'm french...

If I can help.

Oh, thank heavens!
I will PM you immediately!

:D :D :p

Abrac

I think this must be a feature of PayPal. I know when I pay my eBay seller fees each month it automatically creates a merchant agreement, even when I select "One-Time Payment." It's a real pain in the a**. PayPal is all about making your life "easier," translated, they want you to depend on them. I called them once because I wanted to make a purchase on eBay without using any of my PayPal balance but you can't. If you have money in your PayPal balance that gets used first. They told me it was just easier that way. Maybe, but for who? I guess life is easier without options.

WolfSpirit

sravana said:
I suppose I clicked some sort of checkbox by accident - after all, I was using babelfish to complete the transaction. :D I assume that it's my bad, but I would be interested if Wolfspirit finds one when s/he gets home

No I can't find anything about a merchant agreement.
I checked my emails and I first got an email from paypal that I had authorised a payment to fnac and a week later another email that fnac had withdrawn the money when they sent the deck, but it was about just one payment.
(in case I am using not the correct financial terms, I am translating this from Dutch as I am with the Dutch branch of Paypal)

Oh and by the way, I am a she :)

SolSionnach

WolfSpirit said:
No I can't find anything about a merchant agreement.
I checked my emails and I first got an email from paypal that I had authorised a payment to fnac and a week later another email that fnac had withdrawn the money when they sent the deck, but it was about just one payment.
(in case I am using not the correct financial terms, I am translating this from Dutch as I am with the Dutch branch of Paypal)

Oh and by the way, I am a she :)

I'm glad you had no problems. Perhaps it was because of the overseas shipping.

Oh, and after I posted, I looked at your profile to see your gender. Funny thing, I guess it's the wolf avatar, but I had always thought you were male! weird..

SolSionnach

Thanks to Skimo, I sent an email in French (woohoo!) just now. I hope that I get a reply soon.

:)

edited to add: it's almost midnight there, so I don't think I'll be hearing for a while.. ;)

bershka

I can be your back up because I am also a native French speaker ;)

SolSionnach

Thanks Bershka, I will definitely keep you in mind.
As of 6pm local time, still no email from fnac... and still no change to my paypal page.

That will teach me to *ever* leave a balance at paypal.

::grumbles::