Fool followed by death

veritas

Hi AT audience,
I did a reading and the fool and the death card were drawn. The fool preceded the death card and I'm having a hard time getting to the bottom of its meaning. I feel like it is saying that having a new beginning will bring about dramatic change. Does anyone else have a different interpretation for this?

Thanks as always for your insight.
~veritas

Zephyros

The Fool and Death are closely connected, both semantically and on the Tree of Life. Every new beginning is a form of death, and every death is a new beginning. Should be an exciting time. :)

PAMUYA

The Fool and Death are closely connected, both semantically and on the Tree of Life. Every new beginning is a form of death, and every death is a new beginning. Should be an exciting time. :)
This is true, a new journey is the death of old ways of doing things, seeing things... you must let things go(die) in order to grow and expand your world.

tarotbear

It says you should be careful if you go mountain climbing .... :D

They both deal with cycles beginning and ending. If Death immediately followed the Fool I would say they actually cancel out each others extremes depending if there was a positional meaning.

veritas

It says you should be careful if you go mountain climbing .... :D

They both deal with cycles beginning and ending. If Death immediately followed the Fool I would say they actually cancel out each others extremes depending if there was a positional meaning.

OK....so this is what is confusing to me....because I sort of saw it the same way. The fool was in the immediate future and the Death card was further future. You have this new beginning and bam...over...start again? If they cancel out the extremes is it just business as usual?

veritas

I want it to be exciting but it looks like a false start to me. You have the excitement of the new beginning with the fool and then big change again?

tarotbear

You may have to become The Fool in order to kickstart the big change. By not being or becoming the Fool there may still be changes but possibly not so great in comparison. Perhaps a large leap of faith (off the cliff?) is needed?

LeFou

Imagine you're on a roller-coaster. You're terrified, and you can't get off. What were you thinking? Tick-tick-tick, the machinery takes you to the top, where you'll slowly angle around and drop 100 feet in a couple seconds. You have no control. But you do have a choice -- scream (like everybody else), or just relax into it.

Resistance is futile. - Locutus of Borg.

veritas

You may have to become The Fool in order to kickstart the big change. By not being or becoming the Fool there may still be changes but possibly not so great in comparison. Perhaps a large leap of faith (off the cliff?) is needed?

Ah. Yes I see that for things to really have an impactful change there would have to be a rather large leap of faith. Thank you. That makes a lot of sense

veritas

Imagine you're on a roller-coaster. You're terrified, and you can't get off. What were you thinking? Tick-tick-tick, the machinery takes you to the top, where you'll slowly angle around and drop 100 feet in a couple seconds. You have no control. But you do have a choice -- scream (like everybody else), or just relax into it.

Resistance is futile. - Locutus of Borg.

Very good analogy which I appreciate! I think I'll just relax.

Thanks!
veritas