Getting drowsy while looking at my ball (???)

BridgetJones09

I have had only a few tries of scrying, by lack of time and other things, and I don't try longer than 15 min each time. I haven't seen anything yet, nor smoke not anything, but I get as drowsy as if I had taken 4 sleeping pills all together...I feel as if I am going to fall asleep on the table beside my ball. Can hardly reach the 15 min...Does that mean something to you? Last time the drowsiness was so strong that it was as 'something' were 'possesing' me and didn't want me to scry...may be I am rambling...
Some idea?

TractJM

Sometimes when I am overloaded spiritually (information, energy, etc) I become very drowsy and practically want to pass out. Some divination methods do this for me, I find it's just that they aren't "for me" - as such using a pendulum and scrying for example aren't for me, but I also get kind of edgy with a ball - where I can flow with music (though I also get exhausted when someone asks me obsessive questions).

I think it could be that scrying (maybe with that ball) isn't for you, or that you are getting negative feedbakc from something around you (again golden light and ask for protection and see if it makes a difference!)

It could be as simple as the ball is making you fall into a meditative alpha state :)

FenestraThought

BridgetJones09 said:
I have had only a few tries of scrying, by lack of time and other things, and I don't try longer than 15 min each time. I haven't seen anything yet, nor smoke not anything, but I get as drowsy as if I had taken 4 sleeping pills all together...I feel as if I am going to fall asleep on the table beside my ball. Can hardly reach the 15 min...Does that mean something to you? Last time the drowsiness was so strong that it was as 'something' were 'possesing' me and didn't want me to scry...may be I am rambling...
Some idea?

I have a question. Did you feel any malevolent/negative energy or just that you shouldn't scry ? and why where you looking at ? Do you have spirit guides? It may be that they were trying to protect you in some way. Did you properly ground and "protect" your self? Unlike Runes or Tarot where we utilize our "Universal" "Connection" filtered through our "Higher Self"/"Super Conscious", scrying to the sake of external visualizations requires an active link/open channel with the Universe. In Runes or Tarot we use the medium to give definition to the reading, in scrying we allow our spirit/universal energies to have access to our minds to create images that can be interpreted or see "actual" things. This is a much more intimate process. If you have guides they mane "Shutting you down" before you can start because they want to be better protected. If you believe in such things as external visual scrying then you believe in the spirit world to some extent... and there ARE negative energies as much as there is positive. You may for some reason NEED to be protected. . .

I see no other reason why any entity would want to STOP the process... unless you are trying to scry something that is actively "protected" from scrying.

Just my opinion :)

BridgetJones09

Drowsiness

FenestraThought said:
I have a question. Did you feel any malevolent/negative energy or just that you shouldn't scry ? and why where you looking at ? Do you have spirit guides? It may be that they were trying to protect you in some way. Did you properly ground and "protect" your self? Unlike Runes or Tarot where we utilize our "Universal" "Connection" filtered through our "Higher Self"/"Super Conscious", scrying to the sake of external visualizations requires an active link/open channel with the Universe. In Runes or Tarot we use the medium to give definition to the reading, in scrying we allow our spirit/universal energies to have access to our minds to create images that can be interpreted or see "actual" things. This is a much more intimate process. If you have guides they mane "Shutting you down" before you can start because they want to be better protected. If you believe in such things as external visual scrying then you believe in the spirit world to some extent... and there ARE negative energies as much as there is positive. You may for some reason NEED to be protected. . .

I see no other reason why any entity would want to STOP the process... unless you are trying to scry something that is actively "protected" from scrying.

Just my opinion :)

Thanks for your reply!
I don't have any spirit guides, don't know how to 'get' one :p and I haven't felt any negative energy around me...I was just wondering...I feel like sleeping, that's all, and after that, I actually took a two hours deep nap (not like myself at all).
I don't ask the ball any particular question, I just ask it to let me see something...and nothing happens except what stated above.
How do I ground and protect myself? I am not afraid of the spirit world except of negative entities...other than that I am open to any comunication with the other world...

BJ09

TractJM

It is said everyone has spirit guides. You can ask them to reveal themselves to you in a dream or by meditating; we are said to have a birth guide, spirit guides who come and go through our lives, adn even animal totems (animal spirits or energies that guide us)

Whose to say what's right? But it can be a source of comfort.

Depending on your beliefs you can ask for protection, visualize white light flowing around and through you, blanketing and protecting you, see roots dipping into the earth and spreading out, absorbing and burying negativity so it can be purified, light coming from the sky cleansing your area. It's all about intent.

I am safe, I am free, I am clear, and I am protected by the divine love, thank you thank you thank you.

FenestraThought

BridgetJones09 said:
Thanks for your reply!
I don't have any spirit guides, don't know how to 'get' one :p and I haven't felt any negative energy around me...I was just wondering...I feel like sleeping, that's all, and after that, I actually took a two hours deep nap (not like myself at all).
I don't ask the ball any particular question, I just ask it to let me see something...and nothing happens except what stated above.
How do I ground and protect myself? I am not afraid of the spirit world except of negative entities...other than that I am open to any comunication with the other world...

BJ09
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=77111 well this is a link to the Tarot section, but there are pointers on protections here. They are all the same.

Basicly what you are doing is creating a space of Pure Energy/Divine Protection around you while you work. You open yourself to the Divine and ask for Protections. People do this many ways. a popular way is to visualize Divine golden/white/silvery (its up to you how you see this) energy that surrounds you. others see a circle/sphere of protective energy.

And Grounding is connecting yourself to the elements. Embracing the different facets of reality and embedding yourself in the energies that are the fabric of creation/the universe. This helps keep you stable and allows for proper conductivity of energy. It allows energy to flow in, and then back out with out getting bottlenecked and causing problems.

But again how you do this is up to you and worth get a book or reading a good wep site on.

I also agree with TractJM. Dreaming is how we normally process visual images from our "Higher Self" and if you are trying to scry, then you are trying to do something similar, just using an external focus. . . and that my be causing your mind to want to revert to a state that it is comfortable/used to doing that. So it may just be a matter of practice :)

Also, I would like to ask. Do you like/Love the water? Are you an energetic free spirited kinda person. You enjoy life and like to Laugh ? and find that you are really happy when you’re around your friends?

re-pete-a

Your attention is not used to being focused on any one thing for long.
Your WILL is also not used to being applied for very long periods either.
Nor are your fears used to being so confronted either.

Result ,overload. Escape!

If you were really interested, your attentions and your will would be eager to play the same game for hours.

If I may suggest, you may want to consider asking yourself "what is it I fear" While gazing into your crystal.

They would be the reasons for the negative feelings coming through as ominous ,as well as the unconscious desire to escape as you approach your doorway to your mind.

This is what is known as a veil or blockage.
This is what is known as being initiated.
To step through these veils and face whatever is lying in wait.

It's also known as the testing of the faiths. Where your faith and trust is stronger than your fears.

enjoy the challenge.

BridgetJones09

Fears

re-pete-a said:
Your attention is not used to being focused on any one thing for long.
Your WILL is also not used to being applied for very long periods either.
Nor are your fears used to being so confronted either.

Result ,overload. Escape!

If you were really interested, your attentions and your will would be eager to play the same game for hours.

If I may suggest, you may want to consider asking yourself "what is it I fear" While gazing into your crystal.

They would be the reasons for the negative feelings coming through as ominous ,as well as the unconscious desire to escape as you approach your doorway to your mind.

This is what is known as a veil or blockage.
This is what is known as being initiated.
To step through these veils and face whatever is lying in wait.

It's also known as the testing of the faiths. Where your faith and trust is stronger than your fears.

enjoy the challenge.

There's nothing I am afraid of, as far as I know, or I am ready to confront my fears.
Would you suggest to keep on trying and maybe asking the ball 'what I am afraid of?'

BJ09

re-pete-a

The feeling is it will come out by itself while working with your ball.

It does feel as though you have hardened up . By that i mean become de sensitized .A forced blockage developed over time to protect your feelings

It would be interesting to ask your ball about this.

bright_star

Trying to meditate makes me feel sleepy, isn't looking into a ball similar to meditating? I think I relax too much that I start to fall asleep. Maybe it is a case of not being used to concentrating so intently? I think you have to get into a state of relaxation and contemplation where you let the messages come through, but without relaxing completely that you start to shut down, still remain aware of yourself and awake.