Gilded Tarot Royale

Nina*

Yes, it really is very very beautiful. In every way.

I wonder though, if I'm the only one who prefers the first edition. I guess I just miss some of those well loved old images in the new edition.

blackrainbow

I just ordered my copy. The Gilded was my first deck and always one of my favorites. I have all of Ciro's decks and cant wait for this one to get here. :)

PAMUYA

Yes, it really is very very beautiful. In every way.

I wonder though, if I'm the only one who prefers the first edition. I guess I just miss some of those well loved old images in the new edition.

you are not alone ;)

gregory

YES - and

Steampunk (Fell/Moore)

Pierre Madenié

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Please, let's keep discussion in this thread on the Gilded Tarot. If folks want to discuss the best decks of the year, please start a new thread.

blackrainbow

I just received my copy. I love my gilded but this is something special. Everything about it is beautiful. I am so happy.

Tibor

I just received my copy. I love my gilded but this is something special. Everything about it is beautiful. I am so happy.

Yes it is the cream of the crop. stunning :)

SixDegrees

Let me begin by saying that I have never been able to use Ciro's decks. I have purchased and eventually traded away the original Gilded, the Legacy, and the Visions. I have refrained from picking up a copy of the Tarot of Dreams because of this inability to connect with the aesthetic of the other decks. There is something truly uncanny about them (in the classical Freudian sense) that leaves me cold.

BUT, I have just received a secondhand copy of the Gilded Royale (with spreadcloth!), and in addition to its shocking beauty, it may also be the first of his digital creations that overcomes the not-quite-human quality of the other decks. The figures are so rich and detailed that the presentation looks more like photography than originally generated content. I really do adore this deck and am beginning to reverse my opinion on the potential of this style for tarot. I cannot wait to do readings with it. Bravo, Ciro!

cirom

Well.... Not only am I pleased that you finally managed to resonate with one of my decks. But even more impressive is that despite the earlier difficulties you described, at least you bought and gave several earlier projects a chance. From a designers perspective I can't ask for more that that :)