Graven Images Oracle (Soon To Be Published!)

darwinia

Just finished the program, it was very interesting. Most of it was filmed in British Columbia and they showed the cemetery in Vancouver where I think my paternal Grandmother is buried.

Also some of the big US cemeteries, Jewish cemeteries and a Japanese cemetery that was vandalized duting WW II.

I was fascinated to hear that in the 19th century whole families used to spend the day in the cemetery, treating it like a park. These days everyone is so frightened of aging and dying that they avoid cemeteries.

I can't believe that, my husband and I have always enjoyed a stroll through whatever local cemetery we were near. I just find them beautiful and so interesting.

There was a bit about how they design and make monuments on the computer using a specialized CAD program and stencils, with a bit of hand carving and then sandblasting. Boy, it was chock full of information and really gave me an appreciation for styles.

I love the fancy monuments and angel statues and such. Also the different children's monuments.

See, this is why I like Nat's photography, it captures this so well, without superimposing digital filtering and symbolism. It speaks so much better and more poignantly to see things as they really are.

p.s, congrats on your show Nat. Very neat to get recognition!!

Umbrae

Nice stuff.

Me want.

gravenimages

Thank you so mcuh for your kind words Umbrae and Darwinia :)

Have a look at the Caladan Gallery website--the Black and White exhibit is up now--I'm on page 3!

I also just sent out our first general email to our mailing list--let me know if you want to be added. Thank you all so much for your support :)

XXXNat

December Fairy

gravenimages said:
There's another tarot that features cemetery imagery. It's called the Gothic Tarot, and its by Leila Wendell. It's Majors only and features New Orleans cemetery photography mixed with collage:

http://www.westgatenecromantic.com/tarotintro.htm

I have that one too. I bought when it when it came out I guess. I can't wait to add your deck to my collection. :D

December Fairy

I can't wait to use the online readings.

Well, I really want the deck on my hands. :D

At least with online readings I can get to know the cards before that.

gravenimages

Whee!!

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for not having been around for the past few weeks--but I'm returning with some exciting news--Graven Images Oracle is going to be published!! We are incredibly happy to be working with Phyllis Galde of Galde Press, a former editor at Llewellyn Worldwide and the Editor in Chief of Fate Magazine.

Kat and I went into this just to create a working oracle with cemetery imagery-- an journey of growth that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world--but I'm so happy that we will have the opportunity to share this work on a larger scale--thank you all so much again and again for all of your encouragement and support :)

XXXXXNat

Catmoon

Well this time I saw our oracle, the card:serenity is beutifull and is the one I like best (from the ones I saw). I'll be attentive.

darwinia

Wonderful news, I am ECSTATIC.

One of the things I could never understand when I came across this deck was why it hadn't been published, I feel it is so special, and would work for people who aren't involved in tarot as well.

I had a dream last night that I was looking at a map of New York and there was a huge grey area where Woodlawn Cemetery was. And then this morning I got the Graven Images newsletter with the news of the deck's publication.

Well done Nat and Kat! I really feel it IS an opportunity to eventually own this beautiful piece of art and use it.

Thanks for your perseverance and tenacity.

What a JOY!!! Lalalala. . . .

Bean Feasa

Hi gravenimages,
This deck looks so beautiful - and powerful. I'm not surprised it's going to be published. Mega-congratulations. I just wish it was happening sooner. Oh hurry, hurry, Galde press!

gravenimages

Thank you all, so much! I'm so happy that we're going to be able to share the deck with people on a larger scale. I still think back to the time when we put the first images together and did a test run, and were ecstatic over it working. I'm going to keep posting news as I get it in this thread. For the mods, please let me know if that's OK and, is it possible to make a change to the title of the thread--right now it says Graven IMages Oracle unpublished--is there a way to make it say "soon to be published" or "coming soon?" Thanks!

XXXXNat