grounding, focusing, centering

celticnoodle

I've tried many ways of doing grounding, focusing and cetering before a reading. many of which I read about doing or heard about doing, or saw on here. I think it's best to try a few different things and see what works for you. however nisaba summed it up brilliantly, and it's just what I do now before doing a reading. very simple, easy and quick too.
nisaba said:
Hold the deck in my hands, close my eyes while drawing in a deep breath, open my eyes when I let the breath out.

That sets me up perfectly.

The rest of the world and any issues I might have are gone: it's just me, the deck, the querent and the message. Takes all of four seconds.

as for Griz's suggestion of planting your feet firmly on the floor, this is something I have tried, but for me it is difficult, as I'm very short. doesn't work so well when I am sitting in some chairs---even some of our own, LOL! my feet rarely touch the floor and sometimes my knees are not even long enough to bend over the edge of chairs. so, this was one that I had to give up on.

lots of great ideas here, some i've done, and use for certain situations. i have a small chair in my own home, (antique--and they seem to always be smaller then todays furniture, perfect size for me!), that i sit in when I do meditate, and do my medium readings. in this chair, my feet actually can touch the floor firmly--so I also like to imagine myself as a tree with roots. it works amazingly well.

lots of great ideas here, now you need to experiment and see what works for you! :)