Halloween Lenormand

Eowyn

Demented

I loved that word... A Demented Lenormand would be very halloweeny, but also suitable for all demented moments (= almost every moment).

I knew about Lemuria from this song. For me, the images evokes a music more like this.

I am loving this new cards. But I see something similar that AJ, doubling the name of the cards (the Lenormand name plus the suit and number) is way too much for me... and I still don't like the font... but I love it anyways :D

E.

AJ

Being finished and to the printers by Aug. 15, would give you to what..October 30 to get one done for Imbolic. Now that idea makes my knees weeble-wobble.

Or perhaps a big Four Seasons Oracle rather than a holiday when you finish this one.

I'm using your Melissa Lenormand as an Oracle and have done 30 or so readings with it as such. I don't have time (or interest) in learning a bunch of Lenormand rules and regulations. No need to, when your work is so expressive in and of itself.

tarotmama

AJ said:
Did I miss something, why do the cards have suit names, is it working toward a full tarot deck? they are confusing the heck out of me as an oracle.

I actually really wanted to include a playing card inset -- like you find on some Lenormands, but I still can't find a suitable deck or scans of a public domain deck.

tarotmama

AJ said:
I'm using your Melissa Lenormand as an Oracle and have done 30 or so readings with it as such. I don't have time (or interest) in learning a bunch of Lenormand rules and regulations. No need to, when your work is so expressive in and of itself.

I would actually agree that it works better that way. For me anyway :D

Don't tell anyone I said that.

alice_addams

Ooh, I adore the work you're doing on this! I love the vintage Halloween look...demented, maybe, but it also seems cozy & nostalgic somehow. The bats are fabulous, and the Rider is gorgeous! It would be amazing to have this deck for Halloween, but if it didn't come out til next spring, I'd still buy it straight away. :)

IheartTarot

AJ said:
Did I miss something, why do the cards have suit names, is it working toward a full tarot deck? they are confusing the heck out of me as an oracle.

A Lenormand deck has a standard structure just like a Tarot deck does, but it is a competely different structure.

The petit (little) Lenormand deck is derived from a normal playing card deck (removing the 2, 3, 4 and 5 from each suit leaving 36 cards). The grand (big) Lenormand deck includes all 52 cards. As far as I can tell there is generally no correlation between the Tarot card meanings and the Lenormand card meanings for a card of a specific suit and number.

IheartTarot

Feedback

I do like the look of these!

For what it's worth, I am far more interested in buying another Lenormand deck than another Tarot deck. I have enough Tarot decks, and I really get along with Lenormand much better it is just easier for me to interpret the cards.

Regarding names, I like Melissa's Halloween Lenormand or Melissa's Fortune Cards. I would not use the word oracle it is very blah.

Yasmin

vote for deck name

For the name, I like "Melissa's Demented Lenormand". You'd keep your "already established" name but then distinguish this deck by adding "demented" to it. Keep it in the family!

Essjay

It could be The Twisted Melissa :)