HAPPY 2008 - Or WHAT??!! 2008!!!

mooncat2

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Some lovely symbols being drawn.

Mine is

GEMINI 13..............A WORLD-FAMOUS PIANIST GIVING A CONCERT PERFORMANCE

The book says..........The need to lay one's talent on the line , often in front of others, without fear of ridicule or rejection.
The expression of skills in the world. Important to remember that this performance should spring from a love of what one is doing. Know your audience and communicate with them.

Caution:..........Relying on past success. Not putting in the day to day practice. The need for applause and acclaim to validate one's existence. Nerves that can ruin performance.

Crystal Astrology

Numerology.....73
Key Word.....Achievement.
Body Point....Pulmonary veins
Crystal Element...........Cinnabar Opal...........channels universal principles to raise and harmonise the collective consciousness.
Message: Alchemical transmutation, artistic sound, a path for emotional release.
Sun Focus: You have refined communication skills: music in particular provides happiness and comfort to you.
Affirmation: I am grateful for the music in my life. It gives me great joy.

All of which makes me a little nervous.........as though I'm being told to get out there and do something................but what???

:love:

MCsea

Adjustment said:
For 2008 i draw:

PISCES 2

A SQUIREL HIDDING FROM HUNTERS.

Wat comes to mind when I see this symbol is fear, looks like through this year my concern will be my personal security. This symbol aslo makes me think of the fear that comes when your feel your personal security is being threatened.. Sometimes this fear stop you from moving into a new direction.

A few key words: Using tactics to ensure survival. Hidding one's self away.
Not stepping out into the big wide world for fear of making th ewrong move. Using common sense. Caution and reserve. Stockpiling for harder times. Things or people thar feel tiny, uncertain or insecure.

The caution: People picking on each other. Being bullied out of what you deserve. Giving those out there more power than they warrant. Not trusting life. Paranoia. Running away from things. Not speaking up for fear of being shot down. Being caged in. Agoraphobia. Claustrophobia.

Thank you for sharing this with us,
I agree this is a symbol about personal safety - but not just fear - setting boundaries and making time out

IMHO in 'Crystal Astrology'

Pisces 2
Numerology: 332
Sabian Symbol: A squirrel hiding from hunters
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Caution
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Left calcaneum
Crystal Element: Psilomelane
Expression: Psilomelane is an important source of manganese. Psilomelane enhances self-worth and intestinal fortitude during stressful periods; promotes the will to live.
Message: Tactical expertise, skill, awareness and intuition keep me safe.
Focus: You are self-sustaining. A brave and practical person who alerts others to universal principles.
Affirmation: I exercise moderation and caution in my life.

You may find this year you show others how to fend for themselves?

MARINA

MCsea

mooncat2 said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Some lovely symbols being drawn.

Mine is

GEMINI 13..............A WORLD-FAMOUS PIANIST GIVING A CONCERT PERFORMANCE

The book says..........The need to lay one's talent on the line , often in front of others, without fear of ridicule or rejection.
The expression of skills in the world. Important to remember that this performance should spring from a love of what one is doing. Know your audience and communicate with them.

Caution:..........Relying on past success. Not putting in the day to day practice. The need for applause and acclaim to validate one's existence. Nerves that can ruin performance.

Crystal Astrology

Numerology.....73
Key Word.....Achievement.
Body Point....Pulmonary veins
Crystal Element...........Cinnabar Opal...........channels universal principles to raise and harmonise the collective consciousness.
Message: Alchemical transmutation, artistic sound, a path for emotional release.
Sun Focus: You have refined communication skills: music in particular provides happiness and comfort to you.
Affirmation: I am grateful for the music in my life. It gives me great joy.

All of which makes me a little nervous.........as though I'm being told to get out there and do something................but what???

:love:

I think you will be fine :)
you have a talent - a natural gift that will be on show this year...
I found these quotes - maybe one might help?

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes about "Achievement"
Shirley Lord
What really matters is what you do with what you have.
-------------------------------------------------------------

David J. Schwartz
All great achievements require time.
---------------------------------------------

Harold Taylor
The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become.
-------------

Georgia O'Keeffe
Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Helen Hayes
My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success

happy 2008!

serenaserendipity

CANCER 19
A FRAGILE MISS, REPRESENTATIVE OF PROUD OLD BLOOD, IS WED IN A MARRIAGE CEREMONY BY A PRIEST TO AN EAGER YOUTH OF THE NEW ORDER

The simplest expressions of the heart and mind may need to be acknowledged in a ritualistic performance. There is a need for sense of blessings from a higher power. Whether this is about an actual 'Marriage Ceremony', a hand-fasting ceremony, or some other kind of bonding ritual, there's a need for people to come together to make commitments and vows to each other.
Sanctified unity. Expressions of loyalty and the making of sacred vows. Making levels of commitment.

The Caution: Rigidly following established rules at the expense of new ways that have greater personal relevance. The forcing of people to come together - perhaps they don't want to. Bondage to social expectations.

this reminds me of me and my recent ex whom i hope to get back together with...because he is rock musician (of the "new blood") and i am a classical musician (of the "old blood")... also i am Lakota Sioux descended from Sitting Bull so that sort of makes me a princess of the old blood...

I DO wish to get married in my heart
so I was VERY surprised to see this!

Sincerely,

Serenaserendipity

MCsea

serenaserendipity said:
CANCER 19
A FRAGILE MISS, REPRESENTATIVE OF PROUD OLD BLOOD, IS WED IN A MARRIAGE CEREMONY BY A PRIEST TO AN EAGER YOUTH OF THE NEW ORDER

The simplest expressions of the heart and mind may need to be acknowledged in a ritualistic performance. There is a need for sense of blessings from a higher power. Whether this is about an actual 'Marriage Ceremony', a hand-fasting ceremony, or some other kind of bonding ritual, there's a need for people to come together to make commitments and vows to each other.
Sanctified unity. Expressions of loyalty and the making of sacred vows. Making levels of commitment.

The Caution: Rigidly following established rules at the expense of new ways that have greater personal relevance. The forcing of people to come together - perhaps they don't want to. Bondage to social expectations.

this reminds me of me and my recent ex whom i hope to get back together with...because he is rock musician (of the "new blood") and i am a classical musician (of the "old blood")... also i am Lakota Sioux descended from Sitting Bull so that sort of makes me a princess of the old blood...

I DO wish to get married in my heart
so I was VERY surprised to see this!

Sincerely,

Serenaserendipity

Serenaserendipity WHAT A BEAUTIFUL EXPRESSION OF THIS SYMBOL - IN YOUR REAL LIFE - WHAT CAN I SAY BUT WOW!
AND PRYAERS THAT THINGS WORK OUT BEST FOR EVERYONE..

FROM CRYSTAL ASTROLOGY
Cancer 19
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Conformity
Crystal Element: Rose Gold
Expression: Rose Gold is a red-coloured alloy of copper and gold. Rose Gold transforms single entities into a happy union of mind, body and spirit.
Message: Traditional, social and sacred communication, promoting unity.
Focus: People look to you to see how they should respond in certain circumstances; they will follow your example.
Affirmation: I pray the development of my ideas leads toward unity and faith.

huredriel

Serena, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and send you lots of wishes & luck :)

Thanks Marina for the crystal ......... how apt eh!!!!!!!!!! I shall have to go and google to see if I can find it in the UK before the end of the month :)

Sebavin

Well, MCSea, as my holiday reading was entirely accurate :D, I thought I'd give it a try for the new year. I pulled;

SCORPIO 11
A DROWNING MAN IS BEING RESCUED

Often we feel like we are being suffocated, by our marriage, job, friendships, lifepath or lack of the same. This symbol indicates someone being overpowered or overcome by their inability to cope emotionally. Know that help is at hand and soon you'll be able to `breathe' easily again.
Resuscitation. Regaining one's breath. Being rescued. Finding life renewed. Salvation.

The Caution: Panicking in order to draw help rather than learning how to cope. Unrealistic reliance on others.

Wow! This is certainly optimistic! Freaking out over stressful situations is definitely something I'm prone to. I have been feeling a bit stifled latley, so hopefully this comes on quick! It always seems as though even the smallest problem is insurmountable when there are fifteen at once! The overwhelming sense of fear at having to act appropriately is enough to leave me babbling incoherently...can't wait for those rescue breaths.

Thanks for another Sabian thread!
Sebavin

purple_scorp

Hey Marina,

how come you got to choose two symbols???? Weren't you happy with the first? Is that a bit like cheating? I'm only asking because, if you didn't like the first symbol - then perhaps it has a deeper message for you that you're not willing to see.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

valeria said:
I am so thrilled!!!

I found a copy of Lynda Hills Sabian Symbols book at a used bookstore :D

I can't wait to read it and add to my Sabian Symbols knowledge!!!

:love: valeria

WHAT A FIND!!
Lynda Hills book - literally changed my LIFE!

:D

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Hey Marina,

how come you got to choose two symbols???? Weren't you happy with the first? Is that a bit like cheating? I'm only asking because, if you didn't like the first symbol - then perhaps it has a deeper message for you that you're not willing to see.

with love
purple_scorp

he he he he giggles
2 symbols -
a karmic condition a focus and a quest...
but I stopped at 2 fearful the third card just may be the spoiler!!!
that is that if Aries 25 did NOT pop up I would have felt let down...

(Something in my mind just said go for the second - as during the year you will need more detail - so I did..)

I think the first card is awesome - its a family symbol too many people in my family have that symbol in their chart

Aried 23 Green Hiddenite
Aries 24 Alexandrite
Aries 25 is Sabian Symbol: A double promise is revealing
Banded Iron Stone - which is where I am working in geologically speaking..

Uncovering is a big theme here - with work, my personal life, my spiritual desires, my mindful endevours and my hopes and dreams
it is a year of discovery I feel for ME :D