Heirophant,both beast and priest

juliecucciawatts

High Priest/Hierophant in MAAT Tarot confirms this idea...

Hi,
I have been enjoying this thread and must agree. My High Priest or Hierophant in the MAAT Tarot alligns with the Full Moon Cycle of Sagittarius
occuring between May 20 and June 20. This is the month just before the Summer Solstice a month of waxing sunlight when the summer takes a firm hold many of the flowering trees havelost their petals and been replaced with thegreen and robust leaves. It is right after this moon cycle that the sun begins to wane clearly wounded. Sagittarius half man half horse alligns with your idea of Chiron. I wish I had known more about Chiron when creating this card I would have made mention of him in my list of associations. My High Priest is the green man and the holy father consort of the great mother. Now I will have to read more on this subject of Chiron the wounded healer and make mention of him in regard to this card as well.
Thanks,
Julie
My High Priest also aligns with the King of Cups who is my full moon in Sagittarius incorporating the idea of "drink" with the satyrs and centaurs

Attachments

• highpriest.jpg
    highpriest.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 100
  • kingofcups.jpg
    kingofcups.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 86

Major Tom

Doesn't Kay Steventon use Chiron as the Heirophant in the Spiral Tarot?

Julia - I like your cards. :)

Your King of Cups looks awfully young - did his Daddy die young?

mystic mal

Yes indeed they are lovely cards...I know 2 people that I put down as this card,one is a sacracen to a Catholic priest,vegan,t.total,celibate and goes to church every day...the other is a psychotherapist also vegan,celibate and t.total..It certainly is a case with these folk that they have risen above "sins of the flesh". As long as they acknowledge they have a shadow side and thats where most people are at They are ok but a lot get on their soapbox and become all holier than thou making them unapproachable.They must realise we are all on different stages of our journey and not preach but counsel us with wisdom from passing from the dark to the light

Tarotphelia

Fudugazi said:
Ah well - that's hardly surprising, Mystic Mal, given the Tarot was originally a Christian-inspired artefact.

We can't really say that as a fact . We don't know what inspired the tarot or what it's possible spiritual purpose was , if any . We can say that is a mix of Christian and Pagan imagery . In fact, if you know what you're looking at , there is more Pagan imagery than Christian . Many of the old Pagan gods and goddesses are there , while the Christian god is strangely absent . Some of the cards can even be interpreted as insulting to Christianity .

mystic mal

When you say the Christian God is absent dont you think that its more a story of his son.If God is spirit then I see the FOOL as the spirit made flesh so God is in every character both in his masculine and feminine forms with the Goddesses

Tarotphelia

mystic mal said:
When you say the Christian God is absent dont you think that its more a story of his son.If God is spirit then I see the FOOL as the spirit made flesh so God is in every character both in his masculine and feminine forms with the Goddesses

That's the way you choose to see it . Some people might say an association of a fool and anything godly is contradictory and even blasphemous . But you see that point differently, and that's how it's working for you . Some people do not see God as having masculine and feminine forms . To them God is male and male only . You see it differently .

There is no Goddess in Christianity ; in fact in the Bible the old goddesses are portayed as whores . (New age people want to make the mother of Jesus into a goddess , but she is not listed as such in the Bible , nor sanctioned as that by the original church , and basically she's just somebody's mother . To have a goddess in Christianity is absolutely contrary to their view of God . )

I myself see no story of God's son in the tarot , nor even a Fool's journey . These are things projected onto the tarot by our own subjective minds . We can choose to do these things . But we can't state them as absolute facts.