Help choose another marseilles deck

Yves Le Marseillais

Burdel is Burdel

Le Fanu said:
Would it not be a little expensive, buying an original TdM? I mean, I'm all for buying the best and I'm proud of my Pamela B and my 1st edition Thoth, but I never really expected to be adding an original - and complete - TdM to my collection....

By the way, what is the Burdel that isn't the Universal Marseilles? What edition is that and where can I buy one? :)

Hello Le Fanu,

This Burdel was made in 1751 in Fribourg Swiss by Claude Burdel a frenchy young man of 24 years old.
Later he founded a dynasty of cardmakers and became top producer of cards in Swissland.

Go to British Museum to see it or go to... Marseille in 2013 where another exemplary will be located.

This decks are Wonderfull and are ready for any comparisons with their... clones.

Salutations

Yves Le Marseillais

Major Tom

Alan Ross said:
This is just a guess, but the OP may be referring to a Lo Scarabeo reproduction that came out before the Universal Marseilles. You can see it here:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/burdel-marseilles/

This is the one I have. It comes in a red box with the Sun on the front. I didn't have any trouble finding one 5 years ago. Are they hard to find?

Yves Le Marseilla said:
You are right and some try to maintain the tradition of Tarot de Marseille.
As I said, I am open to artistics decks and I wish to see one day a real Tarot of Marseille NEW and young deck.

Have you seen this one ?

Le Fanu

Yves Le Marseilla said:
This Burdel was made in 1751 in Fribourg Swiss by Claude Burdel a frenchy young man of 24 years old.
Later he founded a dynasty of cardmakers and became top producer of cards in Swissland.
ahh, I just thought I'd missed another reproduction (Meneghello?), but no.

I have the first LoS reproduction, pre-Universal. The white backgrounds are a bit blinding. It is offically OOP now.

Yves Le Marseillais

Your deck

Major Tom said:
This is the one I have. It comes in a red box with the Sun on the front. I didn't have any trouble finding one 5 years ago. Are they hard to find?

Have you seen this one ?

Hello again Major,

Yes I know it. It's your work and I respect all Artists including you of course.
Let me feel free to like or not your deck and let's say that my personnal tastes are different from yours.

Hope that I did not disturbed you too much.

Regards

Yves Le Marseillais

Alan Ross

Fire Cat said:
I also recall that this amazon.com listing is actually not what is pictured.
I should have known. I was surprised when I clicked the AT link and a current listing popped up for the deck, which I thought might be OOP. It's very annoying when that happens. I seem to recall reading through another thread where there was a similar issue with ATers trying to order the now OOP US Games Dodal reproduction and getting a different deck (was it the Convos?) instead.

Alan

Major Tom

Yves Le Marseilla said:
let's say that my personnal tastes are different from yours.

We aren't a million miles apart in taste. I like the Burdel and am planning on taking my Lo Scarabeo edition to the British Museum to compare to an original. I'll also take along my Heron Conver and Dusserre Dodal to compare too. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go along together to discuss what we see?

Thanks for the most elegant wording I ever read for "I don't like your deck". I promise I won't press it your way further. :)

uwe

Well Major Tom, personally I really like your deck...truly.

Yves Le Marseillais

Travels

Major Tom said:
We aren't a million miles apart in taste. I like the Burdel and am planning on taking my Lo Scarabeo edition to the British Museum to compare to an original. I'll also take along my Heron Conver and Dusserre Dodal to compare too. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go along together to discuss what we see?

Thanks for the most elegant wording I ever read for "I don't like your deck". I promise I won't press it your way further. :)

Hello Major,
I don't know how is Burdel original in British Museum. But I saw an original in Paris that will move to Marseille within 2013 as I said.
This one is really wonderful comparing to everything who is on the market today.
Same for Conver in BnF and Payen that I got in original size and High definition.
I did not saw them effectively but with this numeric pictures, I am able to say that no equivalent is presently on the market.
And it's abnormal in my opinion because amatores ignore what is truth by lacking of original tarots.
Unless they make an effort in terms of traveling and or finance.
That I made for my pleasure and passion.

Consequences are that we face to either faulse dimensions, faulse colors, omited details or additional details.
Or worst of it a mix of all this things.

I wish you a nice travel in London and may be Paris and why not Marseille in 2013.

Best

Yves Le Marseillais