Help choose another marseilles deck

Major Tom

Hello Yves,

Yves Le Marseilla said:
I don't know how is Burdel original in British Museum.

The British Museum doesn't have any photos of the Burdel on line but here's a link to their database.

Yves Le Marseilla said:
I wish you a nice travel in London and may be Paris and why not Marseille in 2013.

Thank you. Yes the International Conference in Marseille in September 2013 is something to look forward to. :)

Yves Le Marseillais

BM and Marseille 2013

Major Tom said:
Hello Yves,

The British Museum doesn't have any photos of the Burdel on line but here's a link to their database.

Thank you. Yes the International Conference in Marseille in September 2013 is something to look forward to. :)

Hello Major,

Thanks for details about Burdel in BM: I will see it ASAP.

You are very welcome in Marseille.... even before 2013 !

Salutations

Yves Le Marseillais

sapienza

There is so much about the Burdel that I love, although I'm not so fond of how LS have added borders etc etc. I would LOVE to see a true reproduction of this deck. It's such a shame there isn't one. I wonder if there is any likelihood there ever will be?

Now, to piscesdreamer's original question. I recently got myself a copy of the Hadar. I know it's not an authentic TdM, but I absolutely love it anyway. It's definitely my favourite. I have some of the reproduction decks which I use if I'm studying or comparing, but the Hadar is the one I'd read with. Oh and I also rather like the Fournier, if I'm in the mood for colour. It certainly isn't very authentic, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. :)

jgoreham

Thanks for an interesting thread, you guys! My co-worker and I unofficially have Tarot Thursdays (and sometimes, Tarot Tuesdays too) during lunch and she recently ordered in a Marseille deck from our local spiritual bookshop and was disappointed with what they ordered in (Tarot de Marseilles Convos- I thought it was kind of pretty tbh!). I'll refer her to this thread :)

Trump Lloyd

Major Tom,

Your deck is fantastic. Within 5 minutes of opening it, I went online and immediately ordered a second copy. You are ahead of your time, Tom. Sorry I won't be able to join your field trip to the British Museum.

Bernice

piscesdreamer said:
I've been thinking about getting another Marseilles deck.I currently have the Claude Burdel deck(not the universal Marseilles) but i'd like to get something a little more interesting to look at,something with some better definition and color but still retaining it's tdm authenticity.any suggestions?I was thinking of either the hadar or the fournier but i'm open to suggestions.thanks
Original posting: .......something a little more interesting to look at.....

What about the Spanish Marseille? Here's a thread about it, the posts include various links;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=100262&page=1&pp=10

Bee :)