Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Ronia

Yes, that's very interesting about Venus and the MC - perhaps some deep psychological exploration would be in order :) It does seem that the Cosmos is recognising that need for a job.

Um... yeah. I'm a bit estranged here but I'll trust the Cosmos to know psychology better. :D

Yes exaltation would mean that you are - or would be, as we're talking about a future event - crazy about him.

Then I really don't imagine anyone but Mr.X with the letter. Simply because I'm like a bulldog, as you already know, and since I've set my eyes in this direction, I can't imagine who else could make a difference. let's see. :D

Yes Mars is sixth - I'm clearly in need of a refresher course in reading a chart. :) I'd take it to mean that he's not in sight yet. the sixth/twelfth being inconjunct the Ascendant.

Oh, I didn't want to mean that, Minderwiz! Of course, you don't need such! Thanks for the explanation, hm, very odd... Not Mr'X. since I know him... Hm. Although he is technically out of sight... Ah, I wish. :D

Well the 'menssenger' doesn't have to be an active participant, their actions simply facilitate the meeting, so you might meet him in the waiting room for a doctor's appointment for example.

OK, I get it, thank you, hopefully not in a doctor's office though.

No, it's a point not a planet, so I shouldn't even have mentioned it at all, but by that point I was getting a little excited that the horary was pointing strongly towards a happy outcome.

Oh, and I was like a cartoon character, my eyes like plates. :D

Now you're getting excited too. :) I might warn against that as you could fall on the ice under the mistletoe but then a visit to the doctor's might be just the thing LOL

Only till I got to the point where Venus took a backwards direction. :D But I went skating yesterday, there was mistletoe and I didn't fall even once! :D I'll keep practicing!

I'll hold you to that :) :)

You bet. :D

Minderwiz

Reading for theboomz

Agreed question

'Will we both agree on making this investment?'

There are three considerations to this question, yourself, signified by the ruler of the Ascendant, your husband, signified by the ruler of the Descendant and lastly the Investment itself. As this is to do with generating income in the future, it's a second house question.

The chart cast has Aries rising, so you are signified by Mars. Mars is in the last degree of Virgo and will move into Libra very shortly, which is the sign ruled by the Descendant ruler, Venus. Mars is actually in the sixth house, which is ruled by Mercury. It's Peregrine, so there's something of a sense of not knowing what to do here, to get your husband to see your point of view (by which you mean agree with you). The sixth is also inconjunct the Ascendant, it's one of the less workable places - things don't get done there, or at lest not in any quick way, and there's no guarantee of completion, even it they do get started. Your key priority is that which Mercury signifies in the chart - overwhelmingly so, as Virgo is both the Sign and Exaltation of Mercury and to add to that Mars is in the Face or Decan of Mercury. In this chart Mercury rules the sixth, as I've just mentioned but it also rules the second house through Gemini. You mentioned showing him the figures - Virgo is quite often related to accounts and accounting - it's the numerical and financial side of Mercury. But here it's the second house that will be more important.

Your other priority some distance behind the investment is your husband, as Venus is the Triplicity ruler of the Earth signs by day.

Looking at your husband, Venus is in Capricorn in the eleventh House. Venus in Capricorn has dignity through Triplicity rulership, so he is actually strong than your significator in terms of essential dignity and the eleventh is a better house placement. The eleventh is also the house concerned with your hopes and aspirations (the hope being that he will agree). So Mars, your significator is weaker than his significator Venus. Added to which your significator is about to move into his significator's sign. You're not in a strong position to win this issue.

His priorities are shown by his Sign ruler, Saturn. Saturn rules three houses in this chart - the radical tenth, eleventh and twelfth. From his perspective those are his fourth, fifth and sixth house issues. That is they are likely to related in some part to issues such as your home itself (planst to spend the money on other things), children (if any) his hobbies and recreations - which might 'suffer' if funds are diverted here. The sixth usually refers to an agent - such as an investment broker, or bank but if they're one of his priorities then it can only be because he's not happy with them, and the chart doesn't really show that. I'd plump for the home, children (if any) and fun.

The Investment itself is signied by Mercury - Mercury is in the radical seventh - it's angular by house but is some distance from the angle by sign. It seems stronger than it is. Even worse Mercury is within 2 degrees of entering the eighth house, which is one of the bad places of the chart. Mercury in Sagittarius is in it's own decan - it has some dignity but it's not exactly brimming over. Mercury is direct and fast which is usually good but it's already under the Sun's beams and it's heading for Combustion, which is not good - it has significations of burning up but astronomically it signifies that Mercury cannot be seen in the sky at any time during the day.

To be honest, the astrological state of Mercury makes me wonder about how good an investment this really is. It looks good but there are some worrying indicators. Perhaps he's picking up on these somehow and that's making him shy away, even it it's a subconscious reaction. One additional point about the investment, the Lot of Fortune is exactly conjunct the second cusp. The Lot shows what befalls you from factors outside your control. Both in terms of health but also in terms of wealth the Lot can show good or bad things coming. It's usually interpreted by looking at it's ruler - Mercury - and that's moving towards a bad place. Interestingly, the Moon, which is your co-significator is in exact trine to the Lot of Fortune and therefore the second house cusp. I think this shows your strong attraction to the investment but as the Moon will not aspect Venus or Mars as it's next aspect, I don't see this actually affecting the outcome.

So, will you agree on the investment? Venus is actually applying to a trine with Mars, so there's a hint of agreement but actually Venus will turn retrograde before it reaches Mars' current position, whilst Mars continues to move forward. Therefore I don't think you're going to agree on the investment going ahead and it's him that looks like scuppering it. However, I don't particularly think that's going to be a bad thing as the chart seems to be pointing to a new perspective for you and a not so wonderful investment. I'm not saying it's going to go drastically wrong but I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. There are hidden catches or problems related to it (under the beams in the eighth) and I would advise caution anyway.

One last point - even if I'm wrong about the investment, I think you'll put your husband before the seemingly lucrative payoff - so it won't happen. I would suggest you talk over his concerns, not with figures but by trying to find out his gut feelings - can he rationalise his 'refusal' or has he a feeling there's something dodgy about the investment.

Attachments

• theboomz Investment.jpg
    theboomz Investment.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 65

theboomz

I feel like I should pay you for this, it's amazing.
Is this just a snapshot of now? Because it sounds like the current situation. If you've already answered this, I apologize, I don't remember.

This is wonderful, I love astrology and should learn more about it. I thought you would have to have our birthdays and such. It really is right, there are some details that stand out as very pointedly accurate.

And this is already the status quo, so no don't worry about me not liking it. :) I'm just wondering the time frame, because we're thinking this cloud is going to move completely away around March... or April.

Thanks for all the work here, it's really quite valuable.
Theresa

Minderwiz

Is this just a snapshot of now?

It's both a description of the situation and the attitudes of both you and your husband plus a future prediction - you're not going to reach agreement on the investment, unless circumstances change radically from those currently in progress

theboomz said:
This is wonderful, I love astrology and should learn more about it. I thought you would have to have our birthdays and such. It really is right, there are some details that stand out as very pointedly accurate.

Horary Astrology is not Natal Astrology, it's an analysis of the moment when the Astrologer understood a question that was asked of them. It ties in more with Electional Astrology (choosing the moment to intiate future action) and Event Astrology - the analysis of a past event based on a chart for the time and place it happened. I must admit I find the whole area (called Katarchic Astrology) very fascinating.

theboomz said:
And this is already the status quo, so no don't worry about me not liking it. :) I'm just wondering the time frame, because we're thinking this cloud is going to move completely away around March... or April.

Thanks for all the work here, it's really quite valuable.
Theresa

I don't see you agreeing this investment in current cirucmstances - that change is coming is indicated by the move of your significator into Libra very quickly. As Libra is the Detriment of Mars, I think it's more likely that you'll be the one to change your views the most in any accomodation. Change of circumstance is also indicated by the forthcoming change of house of the significator for the investment - which is going to make it seem less attractive to you (not necessarily for financial reasons, though they might be involved).

Personally, I'd see that change coming soon - one to two months, which puts us around January to February but as you said completed by March or April, it might be that I'm forecasting the start of change - indeed for you that change may start very quickly indeed, perhaps in the next couple of weeks if it hasn't started already.

Minderwiz

Reading for EyeAmEye

Hi Minderwiz,

I'm wondering if I may bother you with my problems once again. Not entirely sure my question is suitable for a horary. It of course stems from my questions posed to you back in late May:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177518&page=15

The situation has been back and forth over the past 7 months. I can PM you any additional info you may need over that period if it helps.

So, the question I really have at this point is whether or not this situation is worth pursuing or if I should move on and direct my attention elsewhere.

Thanks for the further background material and I think I've got a good grasp of the situation. I think what I can do is give you an indication of her thoughts and attitudes at the moment - that could well form the basis of your decision (together with your experiences over the last months). I don't see Horary as being able (or more correctly being used) to take the decision for you. There are those who would take the relationship that you see as being on offer, but you have to make a choice that gives you a meaningful relationship in your own terms and over the future years.

I'm currently experimenting with Whole Sign Houses, so I'm going to use two charts to look at this question. Chart 1 has WSH, Chart 2 has my normal Regiomontanus (and if there's a clash, I'll take that one in order to be consistent with past readings).

Both charts have the same significators, as the Ascendant and Descendant govern those for you and for the person in question. With 3 degrees 25 Leo rising, you are signified by the Sun and she is signified by Saturn. The Sun is in Saturn's sign of Capricorn, so we have a clear interest in her by you. She is your focus at the moment. The trouble is that the Sun lies in the sixth House (in both charts), which is not a good placement - your scope for affecting the outcome is limited. The Sun lies just over 3 degrees from Aquarius, the sign of it's Detriment - so the outlook is not particularly good - at best your situation could be described as vulnerable.

Looking at Saturn the charts give slightly different takes on her situation. In both cases, Saturn lies in the fourth House. The difference is that the fourth house cusp is in Scorpio for the WSH chart, in Libra for the Regiomontanus chart. The Regiomontanus chart actually has Saturn within 1 degree of the cusp of the fifth - the house associated with children and with romance (and short term affaris). So the Regiomontanus chart doesn't really indicate you setting up home with her, it's still a situation of 'affair' if that is what you want (which you clearly do not). The WSH chart has her position more clearly associated with the fourth house. However Saturn is in none of the dignities of the Sun, so you don't really figure in her plans, beyond that possibility of an affair. The WSH chart shifts the focus a little but I still get the impression that she's not willing to 'travel' any distance to be with you - Mars rules her third of short journeys, and also her tenth house of career - neither of which suggest that she's willing to throw all up in the air and begin a new life.

There is a separating sextile between Sun and Saturn, which points to things past, rather than things future.

The last aspect of the Moon was a square to Saturn but the Moon will not make any major aspect to the Sun before it changes sign (or indeed even being to apply to one). The only crumb of comfort I find is that the Antiscia of Saturn lies near the Ascendant - that's some evidence of feelings for you. However none of this suggests that she's willing to break away from family and set up a new home. The affair remains 'on the table' but that's the most that you can expect here.

Attachments

• EyeAmEye January WSH.jpg
    EyeAmEye January WSH.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 67

EyeAmEye

Thanks for the further background material and I think I've got a good grasp of the situation. I think what I can do is give you an indication of her thoughts and attitudes at the moment - that could well form the basis of your decision (together with your experiences over the last months). I don't see Horary as being able (or more correctly being used) to take the decision for you. There are those who would take the relationship that you see as being on offer, but you have to make a choice that gives you a meaningful relationship in your own terms and over the future years.

I'm currently experimenting with Whole Sign Houses, so I'm going to use two charts to look at this question. Chart 1 has WSH, Chart 2 has my normal Regiomontanus (and if there's a clash, I'll take that one in order to be consistent with past readings).

Both charts have the same significators, as the Ascendant and Descendant govern those for you and for the person in question. With 3 degrees 25 Leo rising, you are signified by the Sun and she is signified by Saturn. The Sun is in Saturn's sign of Capricorn, so we have a clear interest in her by you. She is your focus at the moment. The trouble is that the Sun lies in the sixth House (in both charts), which is not a good placement - your scope for affecting the outcome is limited. The Sun lies just over 3 degrees from Aquarius, the sign of it's Detriment - so the outlook is not particularly good - at best your situation could be described as vulnerable.

Looking at Saturn the charts give slightly different takes on her situation. In both cases, Saturn lies in the fourth House. The difference is that the fourth house cusp is in Scorpio for the WSH chart, in Libra for the Regiomontanus chart. The Regiomontanus chart actually has Saturn within 1 degree of the cusp of the fifth - the house associated with children and with romance (and short term affaris). So the Regiomontanus chart doesn't really indicate you setting up home with her, it's still a situation of 'affair' if that is what you want (which you clearly do not). The WSH chart has her position more clearly associated with the fourth house. However Saturn is in none of the dignities of the Sun, so you don't really figure in her plans, beyond that possibility of an affair. The WSH chart shifts the focus a little but I still get the impression that she's not willing to 'travel' any distance to be with you - Mars rules her third of short journeys, and also her tenth house of career - neither of which suggest that she's willing to throw all up in the air and begin a new life.

There is a separating sextile between Sun and Saturn, which points to things past, rather than things future.

The last aspect of the Moon was a square to Saturn but the Moon will not make any major aspect to the Sun before it changes sign (or indeed even being to apply to one). The only crumb of comfort I find is that the Antiscia of Saturn lies near the Ascendant - that's some evidence of feelings for you. However none of this suggests that she's willing to break away from family and set up a new home. The affair remains 'on the table' but that's the most that you can expect here.

Guess that's how the ball bounces...

You're correct. At this point I have close to zero ability to affect the outcome of this. It is all on her.

Wasn't really expecting to hear anything different, more of a weak hope than anything else. There are too many obstacles on her end and she isn't much of a rebellious minded person. I suppose she is willing to sacrifice her own happiness for what she believes is the betterment of her family at large.

The only thing I can comment on is what you say about "travel" and/or short journeys. There wouldn't be any need for much of a change in geographic location if that was what you were referring to (don't think you were, but just to be sure) nor would she need to change her career at all. Doubt any of that makes the assessment of the chart any different.

I do know the interest is still there as is the possibility of an affair and indeed, it is not what I want. Nothing good could come from that.

Been slowly trying to come to terms with moving on. This one seemed to be just out of reach, makes it hard to walk away. I will do what I must though.

Thank you for the reading, even if you never give me good news :)

Minderwiz

I'm here again with the same old question: will I find a good for me job here over the next three months. Something really bad happened yesterday which makes our financial situation extremely risky already, so a job is a must. Not that it wasn't before but now things start to look scary. Thank you.

The chart I have for this question has Cancer rising, so you are signified by the Moon. The Moon is in the third house in Virgo, where she would have triplicity rulership, but the Sun has not yet set. Her ruler, Mercury rules the IC, so your main priorities are home and family, though the job is of course necessary to maintain both of those. The other main planet with dignity at the Moon's location is Venus, which has dignity by Triplicity and Terms. Venus rules Libra, intercepted in the fourth, and Taurus, which rules the elevent. The eleventh has associations with hopes and aspirations, friendships, patronage and support and children, all of which seem to be relevant to your quest for a job and also to your situation. So the Moon's position seems to confirm the question in terms of background.

The MC is in Pisces, and so Jupiter signifies the job. Jupiter is in Cancer, where it is exalted - the job is good. However Jupiter is retrograde and in the twelfth house. It is therefore 'averse' to the Ascendant and moving away from it. Retrograde motion indicates delays or 'wanderings', so this in not going to be straightforward. The twelfth being averse to the Ascendant suggests that it's not something that is obviously visable. This might be a job that you hear about through the 'grapevine' rather than come across through normal means.

That being said, as Jupiter is in Cancer, it could be said that the job has 'your name on it, being ruled by the Moon. Even better the Moon is applying to a sextile with Jupiter. Although Retrograde Venus is applying to an oppostion with Jupiter, this opposition will not be perfected as Venus is slowing down to its Station Direct, later this month, which will occur before the opposition can perfect. Thereafter Venus will move away from Jupiter.

So in principle the job is there. The issues seem to surround two things, finding it, as it's not easily visible and finding it without undue delay. Although this is a job with 'your name on it', I think it's worth pointing out that there could well be some salary issues with it. Your second house is ruled by Leo and the Sun is currently in the last degree of Capricorn. It is about to move into it's Detriment of Aquarius, so don't expect big money with this job.

My gut feeling is that this is a job that would not normally make your radar, and would be discarded, even if you knew about it. I think it comes down to how desperate you're getting for some income. Sorry I can't be more helpful but then the last reading suggested a good job and it didn't materialise.

Attachments

• Ronia January Job.jpg
    Ronia January Job.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 61

Ronia

The chart I have for this question has Cancer rising, so you are signified by the Moon. The Moon is in the third house in Virgo, where she would have triplicity rulership, but the Sun has not yet set.

Hi Minderwiz and thank you for the reading. It's actually a correct placement as during the past ten days I've greatly increased my communication letting everyone know I need a job soon.

Her ruler, Mercury rules the IC, so your main priorities are home and family, though the job is of course necessary to maintain both of those. The other main planet with dignity at the Moon's location is Venus, which has dignity by Triplicity and Terms. Venus rules Libra, intercepted in the fourth, and Taurus, which rules the elevent. The eleventh has associations with hopes and aspirations, friendships, patronage and support and children, all of which seem to be relevant to your quest for a job and also to your situation. So the Moon's position seems to confirm the question in terms of background.

Yes, seems correct as I've notified friends, organizations (employment) and I even decided to take some children to look after and I'm trying to find such.

The MC is in Pisces, and so Jupiter signifies the job. Jupiter is in Cancer, where it is exalted - the job is good. However Jupiter is retrograde and in the twelfth house. It is therefore 'averse' to the Ascendant and moving away from it. Retrograde motion indicates delays or 'wanderings', so this in not going to be straightforward. The twelfth being averse to the Ascendant suggests that it's not something that is obviously visable. This might be a job that you hear about through the 'grapevine' rather than come across through normal means.

Well... that doesn't sound very hopeful but I'll try.

That being said, as Jupiter is in Cancer, it could be said that the job has 'your name on it, being ruled by the Moon. Even better the Moon is applying to a sextile with Jupiter. Although Retrograde Venus is applying to an oppostion with Jupiter, this opposition will not be perfected as Venus is slowing down to its Station Direct, later this month, which will occur before the opposition can perfect. Thereafter Venus will move away from Jupiter.

That's a ray of light. :)

So in principle the job is there. The issues seem to surround two things, finding it, as it's not easily visible and finding it without undue delay. Although this is a job with 'your name on it', I think it's worth pointing out that there could well be some salary issues with it. Your second house is ruled by Leo and the Sun is currently in the last degree of Capricorn. It is about to move into it's Detriment of Aquarius, so don't expect big money with this job.

So it's a good job (Jupiter exalted) which pays little. :) Interesting situation. I guess it's because I've started applying to jobs which are far under my previous ones. My reasoning is I realised I am in no shape to take the stress of my previous profession and I prefer to have a calmer job, even if it pays less. It's been very stressful time lately and I'm not enthusiastic to take more stress through work. I am also unavailable to be be 100% invested in work as I'm a parent and a lower level job would suit me better at this point.

My gut feeling is that this is a job that would not normally make your radar, and would be discarded, even if you knew about it. I think it comes down to how desperate you're getting for some income. Sorry I can't be more helpful but then the last reading suggested a good job and it didn't materialise.

OK, I'll try to investigate whatever opportunity arises. Thank you. I'll keep you posted. :)

Minderwiz

Ronia said:
So it's a good job (Jupiter exalted) which pays little. Interesting situation. I guess it's because I've started applying to jobs which are far under my previous ones. My reasoning is I realised I am in no shape to take the stress of my previous profession and I prefer to have a calmer job, even if it pays less. It's been very stressful time lately and I'm not enthusiastic to take more stress through work. I am also unavailable to be be 100% invested in work as I'm a parent and a lower level job would suit me better at this point.

Exalted Jupiter represents the job, and I know that one argument about exaltation is that it 'overstates' the importance, or it looks better than it is. I'm not particularly convinced by that, but 'good' is a relative term, and in your current situation 'good' may not be as good as you hoped for at the start of your search for employment. You might have not taken any notice because it didn't meet your expectations. You give some good reasons there to go for something that is less stressful and allows you to concentrate more on parenting and I can certainly see the sense of that - money is not everything.

Are you still looking for PR type jobs? Jupiter is in the sign of the Moon, which can also signify the 'public' and in the Terms and Face of Mercury, which is often related to communications. Jupiter can signify other professions such as Lawyers, counsellors, universities and clothiers and wollen drapers. No that's not for you LOL but companies providing those services or products may well require PR/Marketing/HRM staff. Jupiter even links to the clergy and organised churches, but I don't think that one is likely :)

Ronia

Are you still looking for PR type jobs? Jupiter is in the sign of the Moon, which can also signify the 'public' and in the Terms and Face of Mercury, which is often related to communications. Jupiter can signify other professions such as Lawyers, counsellors, universities and clothiers and wollen drapers. No that's not for you LOL but companies providing those services or products may well require PR/Marketing/HRM staff. Jupiter even links to the clergy and organised churches, but I don't think that one is likely :)

That's interesting... The jobs I'm currently applying for are more like administrative or receptionist or marketing supportive positions but in any case they all involve communications at different levels. :) I'm also trying to find a recruiter who would take me on board (councellor would fit here I guess). Hm, I'll think about these significations of Jupiter/Moon. And no, I'm afraid I lack the qualification for the clergy. :D