How do you "display" your collector decks? Not a simple storage question *s*

Musie

How do you "display" your collector decks? Not a simple storage question *s*

I am not really a collector, but I have decks that I can not read with or do not regularly read with, or I just can not part with them because I think I could end up reading them one day or I just love to ooh and aah over my deck so much that I keep it (ie: my halloween deck :)

I know that storage of decks has already been addressed on the forums, but there must be a nice way to "display" your favorite decks instead of simply stuffing them in say a shoe box or night table drawer *g*

Any of you have unique ways of displaying your decks or favorite decks in plain view in your home, like displaying your favorite collectibles? Putting all my decks in bags won't do it. But I can't afford to buy lovely wooden boxes for all of them either. I don't enjoy the large packaging many tarot decks come in now. Any of you actually frame any of your favorite cards?

Suggestions?

Thank you! :)

Kiama

I don't display my decks at all, cuz it would be too dangerous in the shared house I am in at the moment, particularly since I have lots of people round my house who I don't know very well... BUT I woudl consider, once I had my own house, displaying decks in a cabinet, one of those pretty glass ones with lighting that people use for oranaments or silver ware....

Kiama

Joywalker

I have seen a coffee table at Ikea, with a see-thru glass table top.Just put in the decks there (using the drawer)!It's so convenient.You could show or use them any time you want. :)

Teal

I have a variety of silk and velvet bags. I keep my decks in those and then pile them into a nice basket. It's a pretty arrangement, even though you can't see the decks.

Teal

Oh, and I have some in beaded buckskin bags, too. I forgot to add that.

truthsayer

i don't display my collector decks for a number of reasons. one being i'm too paranoid that they might grow legs and leave home. another that i am an "in the closet" pagan in a fundamentalist town. i don't exactly hide books etc but they aren't for display either. i've spent a long time in this community and don't want to ruin ppl warming up to me. i don't want them to turn the table and warm me up at the stake!

however, in a perfect world where i felt safe to display my collector decks re: electronic security alarms and insured against loss. i would consider displaying them in a display case or cabinet of some sort that would prevent my frisky pets from using them as an appetizer.

i keep them in different places all over the house in their personal little homes--bags, boxes or scarves in some sort of container. some are in a medium size bamboo chest. some are filed in their own cabinet drawer, some in a dresser drawer, some in their boxes in the bookcase, and some stacked in shoe boxes. those that i'm studying are usually gathered around my desk.

Musie

Thanks for all the suggestions :)
I like the curio cabinet idea! Perhaps I can find a small wall type unit *S* If I can't find anything for the wall, I think I may invest in a pretty chest :D

Macavity

I have been toying with the idea of framing one deck, but I never seem to get past considering quite how the cards should be arranged. I believe standard sheets are 10x8 but, would prefer something based on "sevens" e.g. 11x7+1... with the resultant gap at the top? ;)

I do have some ancient map reproductions on my wall - framed by my late father, so I inherited all the necessary equipment! <G> The only thing I observe is that a full deck laid flat covers rather a lot of "real-estate" and any glass is gonna be preeeeetty heavy? The table solution sounds (helpfully?) rather closer to earth! :)

Mac

Cocobird55

I have most of my decks in pretty bags. When I recently moved to a new house, I picked out my favorite six bags and hung them on the wall in my bedroom. The display is very cool. I keep the rest of my decks in two baskets.

Sue

Summerdream

I also have all my decks in pretty bags. They have all been ordered from Tarot Totes and I try choosing ones that would coordinate well with my decks. In the corner of my bedroom I have a shelf and on it is 2 wicker baskets full of my tarot decks. They look nice because you can see all the different colored tote bags with designs on them. Pretty soon I'm going to need to start a third basket. I like taking them out of their bags at times and looking at them all. I can tell just from the bags which deck is inside.