How do you "display" your collector decks? Not a simple storage question *s*

Hummingbird

In the room I am in right now, I have a 4 tier glass stand from Pier 1. Top shelf is "Jazz" by Matisse, second shelf is a dragonfly candy dish and the other 2 shelves are occupied by decks, all standing in a pattern.

rota

As part of my house 'altar' I keep an RWS deck, with the outside card changeable according to mood or focus. At the moment - the 9 of Pentacles.

purplelady

I currently have all my decks and deck sets either in homemade bags, or in the box they came in , on a bookshelf. And the seperate books are on another shelf. But I have long been unsatisfied with this arrangement, and searching for a better place to store/display them. While I don't want them displayed where any visitor can see them, I DO want them somwhere nice where I can veiw them! So , I just went out and bought 2, 6 drawer little plastic rolling storage carts. ( And I got this idea from a thread sometime back , I think it may have been dolphingirl!)The drawers are clear. But , believe it or not, I have nowhere to place these in my apartment, especially since I just aquired a new headboard/bookshelf. So, the plastic carts without the wheels now sit on top of the headboard/bookshelf AND the decks will be placed in these drawers once I get around to it!

Keslynn

I have a set of the small I Gatti cards, which is a majors only cat deck (for those who don't know). I'm planning to have them framed as soon as I get the money. I also have to decide background colors and groupings. But it'll be a fun project.

Mostly though my reading decks go into bags and sit in a colorful pile on my bookshelf.

:) Kes

mythos

Creating a tarot table top

There is only one deck that I have 'displayed'. I knew as soon as I looked at it, that I was never going to read with it ... but I loved the majors images - The Goddess Tarot. So, I picked up a coffee table off a hard garbage collection (naughty me) ... stripped it back, painted it gold to balance the energies (I was into that stuff at the time), trimmed the edges from the majors and the aces, glued them onto the table top, and then painted over them with clear gloss. Mind you ... no one ever sees them, becuase it table is always covered with 'stuff' LOL.

The rest of my decks are in boxes and beaded bags.

tmgrl2

I don't display mine either...but

I would suggest that if you have them out, that they be away from direct sunlight so they don't fade..

And...I would be sure the wooden box doesn't have something in the wood that affects the deck. I keep most of mine in original boxes or in velvet or cotton bags..(silk may be better...but I don't have any right now).

I stored one of my Hadar decks in a lovely, new box I got from my metaphysical shop, and within a couple of weeks, when I opened the box, the top card had turned yellow.

Fortunately, I have a Hadar deck in a small photo album that I use for study so I switched that card...

terri

otherwise, it's personal preference. I have all my Beanie Babies in two large glass curio cabinets, otherwise, I might put some of my decks there....

tarotbear

Since I don't have a place to display anything at the moment - also collect tea leaf reading cups and antique mustache cups - I 'plan' on getting a 6 or 8 shelf glass curio cabinet, lighted, with a mirrored back. I plan to display the best of everything there museum-style, my gypsy dolls with their little tarot decks inbetween the tea leaf reading cups, etc. How else would I display my 'Solataire' doll, James Bond Tarot Game, authentic 007 edition of the Fergus Hall deck, and the DVD of the movie 'Live and Let Die' ????

However - the cabinet will LOCK and only I will know where the key is. I recommend to everyone, even if you live alone or have a significant other that respects your stuff - get a lock. The more interesting your items are, the more they will evoke the desire to 'handle' them in someone else's mind. Visitors may mean well, but ... I have crystal balls, wands, and other 'cool' occult-looking stuff that deserves to be displayed and seen by my guests ~ but that's as close as they will ever get.

Lillie

Most of mine are just randomly stuffed into one of those pretty 'gift bags' like you get prsents in sometimes.
Some are also wrapped in cloths. A few are in a couple of wooden boxes.

Don't those 'deck/book sets' take up a lot of room!

I realy have to make more of an effort.

However, I always thought it would be nice to get a deck that is really pretty, but that I do not read with, and frame the best cards in a big frame and hang it on the wall.
I have never got around to doing this, and the light would probably ruin the cards, so it would have to be a 'non precious' deck.
I think I would just buy a big frame, one of them 'click' ones, (is that the right name?) and arrange the best cards in it on a black background.

BodhiSeed

CD shelf

I have all my decks (about 30) in beautiful bags from tarottotes.com that I display on a tall, narrow CD stand.
Blessings,
Bodhran

Lillie

I make beautiful bags.

But never for myself!

I ought to make some for my decks.